Bandit spawn rate issue

Users who are viewing this thread

I am having a similar issue except I'm getting masses of sea raiders in their spawn zones, but not bandits of any type in other spawn zones.

Another one. Safe to say all bandit types with hideouts are affected by whatever is causing this mess.
FB_IMG_1612813320391.jpg

From what I can tell, it seems that one kind of bandit in one area dominates. It might be different every time.

Currently for me it's Sea Raiders in Vlandia. I struggle to make it to some of their cities with a party of 100. Although I'm loving my Sea Raider chief converts. Saves me going looking for Sturgians. My update stream is constant Vlandian lords being captured, so I don't imagine they're going to do well if someone attacks them.

From what I can tell, it seems that one kind of bandit in one area dominates. It might be different every time.

Currently for me it's Sea Raiders in Vlandia. I struggle to make it to some of their cities with a party of 100. Although I'm loving my Sea Raider chief converts. Saves me going looking for Sturgians. My update stream is constant Vlandian lords being captured, so I don't imagine they're going to do well if someone attacks them.
It's literally the hideouts being way out of control, so if there's a hideout, a certain type of bandit will control the region. I have seen a mix of different types due to hideouts being relatively close. Charas/Jaculan have a Sea Raider and Mountain Bandit hideout relatively close to one another so you'll be able to see a mix of them if they both spawn.

The bandit mobs are interesting but there does not seem to be a limit or control on their spawning. I set the rate to 1 and my world still gets flooded with bandits taking over all of my caves and spamming the logs with their hilarious demises, and making caving extremely dangerous. I disabled them for the time being, though it was interesting to see them take over the village near my base, and surprising to stumble upon a village of bandits.

I also noticed another couple of other issues, though I don't know if you want a separate report for them.

1. the villager horses seem to inherit from the undead horse. normally this is not an issue but I have the Monk mod and every-time I look at one of them they get withered.
  2. i disabled deep ocean villages but I noticed that antique atlas still thinks there is one in the deep ocean (I didn't see one under the water, now there is an idea, aquatic village.)

This happens only with beta 1.5.8 or also with main 1.5.7?

Also this bug is kinda funny, in some ways
Only 1.5.8 beta. Bandits are normal on 1.5.7. Mexxico said that they'd obviously made a tweak to address bandit parties straying too far from their hideout, but whatever changes were made have done more than only reducing their range.

It seems like there's no limit at the bandits spawning. It's like bandit parties keep spawning in the same area, but missing a counter like "if bandits hit X parties, then stop spawn".
The cause apparently was more that all of the world's bandits were coming out of one (or two) hideouts, not all hideouts across the map.

Anyway, apparently fixed in 1.5.8 hotfix just put out.

Anyone can confirm the bandits have been fixed? I'd check myself but won't have access to a computer for a while :sad:

Anyone can confirm the bandits have been fixed? I'd check myself but won't have access to a computer for a while :sad:
It has been fixed with the latest hot fix : )
Although personally I find I am missing the bandit hordes as it made for some welcome variety and with a bit of judicial purging I'd been able to keep them under sort of under control (albeit I had sea bandits which are easier to catch than some) and I'd pity any one unfortunate to have to face forest bandit hordes.

It has been fixed with the latest hot fix : )
Although personally I find I am missing the bandit hordes as it made for some welcome variety and with a bit of judicial purging I'd been able to keep them under sort of under control (albeit I had sea bandits which are easier to catch than some) and I'd pity any one unfortunate to have to face forest bandit hordes.
Do you had to start a new game or it worked in the same save?

The bandits already spawned remain, but they don't get replaced and in time (or after a concerted pogrom if you fancy the challenge) their numbers will go back down to normal.

Back
Top Bottom