Bandit Hideouts

Users who are viewing this thread

They´re tedious at the moment! At least when you reach mid game you´ve seen them all a hundred times and they´re always the same (only difference if sea riders, mountain bandits...).

There needs to be some variety, more maps for them and different spawn points (maybe there are already but I don´t notice it). Also if you´re a cav player your athletics are kind of low and you´re slow in heavy armor. So you can´t even keep up with your high level troops if you charge with them. And let´s be honest, you only need two commands to win each time without casualties:

Select All > Allow Fire
Select All > Charge

So my gameplay experience related to all hideouts is:

- I want to resolve them for money/xp/issues/relations they make to towns/villages
- I can´t really play them after mid game because my high level troops outrun me if I let them charge. And I let them charge everytime because they win and I don´t want to spend 20 minutes in a hideout if I let them follow my slow hero
- I just issue those commands and do a forum **** post until the final battle

Sure you´ll have more fun with them if you discover them the first times but that´s it in my opinion. Also the AI should be able to attack them.

Are there any plans to "improve" them in any way?

Last edited:
Roll them back to how they were at the start of EA. It was at least challenging throughout the campaign to clear them. Now they're always outmatched. Then at least they could outnumber you.

That´s maybe one of the problems they have, they don´t scale unlike quests (which is another problem).

Early game they are a challenge. So yeah why not spawn more bandits if you attack them with your 9 imperial elite catacraphs?

It'll eventually get boring no matter how many spawns or how many more hideout scenes TWs would make. Though there is an easy alternative for TWs instead of making new scenes. Bandits coulld infest in settlements instead of building the same hideouts over and over. So we'd need to clear them out of villages instead or outskirts of a town, etc.And how many would spawn may depend on how many bandit parties camped in the settlement.

Bandits coulld infest in settlements instead of building the same hideouts over and over. So we'd need to clear them out of villages instead or outskirts of a town, etc.And how many would spawn may depend on how many bandit parties camped in the settlement.
Funnily enough, they did this in Warband.

Funnily enough, they did this in Warband.
Yeah, I know. I just meant a hideout style night ambush in villages though using the village scene as hideout, not a total village battle like in Warband. And actually Warband had something like this as well. Jeez...

Roll them back to how they were at the start of EA. It was at least challenging throughout the campaign to clear them. Now they're always outmatched. Then at least they could outnumber you.
Sorry I've gotta disagree with this, after a certain point they weren't worth doing because the became insanely hard. I mean you can bring in 10 guys against 40+ forest bandits, no thanks. I think @MostBlunted is correct make them scale but the scaling shouldn't be let's throw more and more numbers it should be higher ranked opponents.

Sorry I've gotta disagree with this, after a certain point they weren't worth doing because the became insanely hard. I mean you can bring in 10 guys against 40+ forest bandits, no thanks. I think @MostBlunted is correct make them scale but the scaling shouldn't be let's throw more and more numbers it should be higher ranked opponents.
Well said. A higher clan rank/level player (or whatever other metric of progress is deemed appropriate) should be facing the same amount of bandits but a higher tier, for example at rank 1 you face T1 bandits, clan rank 3 you face T3 bandits etc., potentially capping off at some point since I think the bandit tiers only go up so far before they become nobles instead

R.I.P. Suggestions
May its soul find rest
Now, I don't care where he posts what, I do the same thing. But I'm gonna ask, @MostBlunted did you perchance mark some off topic post and it didn't get moved to the other board, so you're making a point by posting lots of suggestions in the main board?

As for the topic, not only do we need more variety and a way to get rid of them at mid game, but I think the whole process and reason for bandits and looters spawning needs a revamp. As I know it, the game juts makes more everyday, then end. IMO there should be things that affect this so that you can have GOOD areas with little/no bandits and BAD areas that are overrun. Of course the most important part needs to be that the overrun ruined areas factions have a blatant and dramatic reduction in their ability to wage war because of this and so the GOOD factions (player) who take care of their areas have an advantage. Otherwise it doesn't matter, you might as well just have a bandit button that spawns the layer in a battle with looters or bandits if that all it's for and the AI is honkey dori forever no matter what and never has to clear hideouts or do quests.

Now, I don't care where he posts what, I do the same thing. But I'm gonna ask, @MostBlunted did you perchance mark some off topic post and it didn't get moved to the other board, so you're making a point by posting lots of suggestions in the main board?
I don´t think I ever created a thread outside of the general forum.

Everything I posted is also pretty obvious and TW should already be aware of it. Also I´m not the first one mentioning this things.

Back
Top Bottom