Bandit Hideouts and Taverns - is more variety planned?

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like more scenes, or at least let them change with the weather, pretty sure the hideouts don't change with Winter/Summer - unless I am misremembering?

Some more spawn points in them wouldn't hurt either. You almost always know where to look, they don't really feel as much as an assault as they do an arena battle, you should face overwhelming force there.

They could also do to have auto-resolve, and a little bit more benefits, I know there are discussions about tying them to Security or Prosperity of a settlement. The +2 with local notables is pretty good for recruitment and the Destroy Bandit Hideout / Rescue Associate issues that tie to them are easy relationship and money but I feel like loot and drops need to be improved as well.

well, they had to put easy button to talk, since people were lazy to go around the town and they asked for easy ways to find quest, that's not their fault
Agreed, although that would help people with an old rig.
Same goes for the city icons. The thing is it's difficult to reconcile both since, usually, some people are just interested in finding the meta and beating the game as fast as they can; whereas some will RP and take their time.
The city icons particularly annoy me because it takes the element of surprise of what or who I'm gonna find in that city and I don't think there's a way to turn it off. Like many said, there's not much to do in the scenes...but at the same time the community asked to remove the only few reasons we had to visit them.

Agreed, although that would help people with an old rig.
Same goes for the city icons. The thing is it's difficult to reconcile both since, usually, some people are just interested in finding the meta and beating the game as fast as they can; whereas some will RP and take their time.
The city icons particularly annoy me because it takes the element of surprise of what or who I'm gonna find in that city and I don't think there's a way to turn it off. Like many said, there's not much to do in the scenes...but at the same time the community asked to remove the only few reasons we had to visit them.
exactly, i remember first that the quest sign was on the town center menu, and then you had to walk in town to find that

I would like more scenes, or at least let them change with the weather, pretty sure the hideouts don't change with Winter/Summer - unless I am misremembering?
They change with season/weather now, at least the steppe bandit hideouts do.
well, they had to put easy button to talk, since people were lazy to go around the town and they asked for easy ways to find quest, that's not their fault
Damned right people were tired of it. The quick talk options were one of the very first mods to hit after EA and there was a real good reason for it: it took like four minutes on my potato laptop to load the scenes (the main reason I started posting so much, between that and the convo load times) and I had to do it every single time I wanted to get or deliver a quest.

It was bonkers that ever got past the design phase, let alone live testing, to say nothing of staying in actual game for as long as it did.

Last edited:

" that's not their fault "
who ? to developers ?
they are the ones who decided this of their own free will, it was their wish to facilitate the player's navigation
no additions in the game come from player requests

" that's not their fault "
who ? to developers ?
they are the ones who decided this of their own free will, it was their wish to facilitate the player's navigation
no additions in the game come from player requests
The players did at some point requested to be easier find quests and interactions with the NPC

I wonder, whether the steppe raider hideout entrance has been fixed. If you approach it in the down left area there is some graphical bug. Anybody else experiencing this?

Bandit hideouts are a cool feature but they badly need more variety for each type and would be cool if they had additional mechanics instead of being a copy-paste feature from warband (though it's a plus that they forwarded this one compared to others that simply vanished)

Maybe different hideout tiers would be cool like, they start a small camp, the more banditry is spread unchecked around that particular region the hideouts eventually get upgraded into a fortified camp for example that would be a mini-siege event with stronger bandits, bosses to fight and better loot.

It could be programmed that every bandit party in that region would fight small parties like they do already and if they survived, every few days they would return to the hideout (or maybe a daily tick) and add to some "progress bar" that when full would upgrade that hideout to a fortified version (simulating that they were bringing loot back to camp and used it to improve it's defenses)

A fortified hideout besides stronger enemies and better loot could also spawn stronger bandit parties to wreak havoc the region giving another incentive to take them out before they make the economy even worse.

Bandit hideouts are a cool feature but they badly need more variety for each type and would be cool if they had additional mechanics instead of being a copy-paste feature from warband (though it's a plus that they forwarded this one compared to others that simply vanished)

Maybe different hideout tiers would be cool like, they start a small camp, the more banditry is spread unchecked around that particular region the hideouts eventually get upgraded into a fortified camp for example that would be a mini-siege event with stronger bandits, bosses to fight and better loot.

It could be programmed that every bandit party in that region would fight small parties like they do already and if they survived, every few days they would return to the hideout (or maybe a daily tick) and add to some "progress bar" that when full would upgrade that hideout to a fortified version (simulating that they were bringing loot back to camp and used it to improve it's defenses)

A fortified hideout besides stronger enemies and better loot could also spawn stronger bandit parties to wreak havoc the region giving another incentive to take them out before they make the economy even worse.
I would kill to see proper bandit factions taking over castles or to have the hideouts progress into wooden stockades / Roman forts you would need to siege.

I would kill to see proper bandit factions taking over castles or to have the hideouts progress into wooden stockades / Roman forts you would need to siege.
Same, imagine if bandits could get bolder and raid villages and if left unchecked could grow and grow and get enough numbers to siege a castle/town forming a bandit/warlord faction? that would be cool and add another interesting enemy to fight during peace time between the major factions.

Same, imagine if bandits could get bolder and raid villages and if left unchecked could grow and grow and get enough numbers to siege a castle/town forming a bandit/warlord faction? that would be cool and add another interesting enemy to fight during peace time between the major factions.
It would make the bandit grind metagame much more meaningful, similar to the current minor faction metagame (especially now that they spawn more members) where you can seize cities and farm tons of XP and loot.

The converse to this is that a proper bandit playstyle is needed. So crime ratings mean something, you can recruit bandits, establish your own hideouts (similar to building workshops). Lots of potential as usual.

The the OP topic, still want at least *some* variety. Obviously TW has really good scene developers, I dont imagine creating more scenes or at least hooking into the dynamic terrain system and generating bandit camp crap (similar to the Caravan Ambush mission's camel circle) would be a good start.

Back
Top Bottom