Bandit Camp Leader Fight

Users who are viewing this thread

When you choose to not duel the bandit boss so you don't have to chase down the 3-5 runaways after the duel, there appears to be some issues with your soldiers/companions. As soon as you choose not to duel, your enemies would rush you. On the other hand, our side would stand still even as they get pelted by throwing weapons. I always have to waste 1-2 seconds commanding them to charge and lose 3-4 of them to headshots in that time. It makes no sense why they would stand still when the talks break down. I made sure that before the actual event, that I never ordered my followers to "hold position" either.

Just to clarify, I'm still winning all of them duel or not. I just don't understand why I have to sustain 2-3 losses due to this peculiar AI pattern on our side. The enemies immediately start throwing weapons, so why are my soldiers essentially vegetables?

When you choose to not duel the bandit boss so you don't have to chase down the 3-5 runaways after the duel, there appears to be some issues with your soldiers/companions. As soon as you choose not to duel, your enemies would rush you. On the other hand, our side would stand still even as they get pelted by throwing weapons.

They do this if they enter the boss fight in shieldwall formation. Might be bug or consequence of some internal formation mechanics. Put them in line formation before entering the boss fight, that will solve the issue. Bit annoying but it works.

I havent encountered it, but I think @hruza might be right - by the point that I'm encountering the endboss, I've usually let loose my dogs of war - though it does happen that the endboss is the only resident of the lair, in which case I usually havent even F1-F2ed my band. Still doesnt seem to make much of a difference.

But that might also be because while the endboss lieutenants stand back, I dont - directly engaging them, and forcing them into melee.

They do this if they enter the boss fight in shieldwall formation. Might be bug or consequence of some internal formation mechanics. Put them in line formation before entering the boss fight, that will solve the issue. Bit annoying but it works.

This might be it. Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom