Bande of Pike & Shotte - 'The Lucky Dogs' Mercenary Company

Users who are viewing this thread

He, just downloaded the mod and now an old ''friend'' has a clan. Might join up, if i am allowed of course.
How are you Rapier? :grin:

You guys don't seem very active. Here I was looking forward to seeing you in action, but throughout the entire weekend, I only saw Richard Flockton on for a few minutes. Or maybe you just don't play Invasion all that much?

Aklis said:
You guys don't seem very active. Here I was looking forward to seeing you in action, but throughout the entire weekend, I only saw Richard Flockton on for a few minutes. Or maybe you just don't play Invasion all that much?

We play together most evenings. Crusader Kings II hath sucked out most of our time the past week though, however. Weekends are pretty bad for us, real life takes precedence always. :eek:

Indeed. It depends what we've got on in our social lives and what we feel like playing. We overdid it a bit on Invasion recently, so we seem to have an unspoken consensus on pulling back a bit on that and focusing on other games or RL stuff. As Eirikr said we've been playing Crusader Kings II together recently and the current campaign has been an absolutely fascinating game to play. The trials and tribulations of it have kept me on the edge of my seat (except for those moments where someones paused it to do something so I've lounged back and read a book instead). As Eirikr & I have always maintained since we first hesitantly edged towards creating The Lucky Dogs, we're more than up for events & dropping in every now & then but we won't play lots and lots if we don't feel like it.

Don't worry, we are about & we do play, just we're taking it easy for the moment. We will most definitely be there for the next event, so if you're on the field for it, do keep your eyes open for us  :grin:

I get the feeling that it's been already linked, here, but it is brilliant, so I will link it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl0LL6yWGRU

Look at the royalists. They look all kinds of spiffing. Dashingly handsome men in extraordinarily good-looking hats.

Then look at the roundheads. Stupid helmets with stupid pointless bars in front of their faces.

I would take the monarchy any day if it meant getting to wear hats as opposed to prison helmets. Also, who cares about parlamentarian democracy and jurisprudence? Just have their heads lopped off and be done with it!

Well now, just because I'm a Parliamentarian doesn't mean I agree with killing the King. He just needed to be put in his place, else he'd have taxed us all into poverty & we'd all be Catholics under 'Cardinal' Laud. I won't allow that to happen so I signed up with the Parliamentarians.

It has been posted before :wink: This, however, has not been posted yet. Whilst I'm here I'll link this one, in three parts; Part 1, Part 2, Part 3.

I do rather like standing with a group of people ready to hold the line against waves of opponents. Just wish Warbands AI was better.

Personally I don't mind Battle, just prefer to save it for the weekly event.

Invasion gets lame so quickly when I play it. Taking potshots at shambling hordes is not as fun as trying to defeat people of equal skill, to me. :razz:

FrisianDude said:
Invasion gets lame so quickly when I play it. Taking potshots at shambling hordes is not as fun as trying to defeat people of equal skill, to me. :razz:

That's why we save up all of that unspent battle energy and drop the load every Saturday for epic battlenight.  :eek:

Added the newly created 'Digby's Medal of Forlorn Hope'. For his epic last stand during the event tonight, where he struck down opponent after opponent before being struck down by a cowardly pistol bullet from behind, James Digby, Captain of the Lucky Dogs, is the first recipient of this medal.

Congratulations Captain!

Back
Top Bottom