Band of Warriors (Expanded) v1.2 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCrawler said:
Zathan said:
Corvus said:
wb.
The other thing could be to add a variety of screenshots to the loading screens, in next to the hints. Might add a bit of interest/variation on the mainly blank screen.

Cought my interest, this. NC has to comment on the work load vs usefulness.
My guess is it's hard/impossible though, but it's still a good notion.

Zath

Not difficult to do at all, that is, if someone other than I makes the screens to use... And that includes ALL editing of the image as I have enough on my plate at the moment...

NC

Seems I misunderstoof this one. Thought it had to do with scenes loading screens. Anyhow, new startup-loadingscreen will definitely be nice, although I feel some artistic competence will be needed to challenge the existing ones.

Zathan

lol the scene loading screen sounds an even better idea :grin: its boring entering zendar with just that message. Screenies taken in free fly mode like that one of the *censored*

better? :p

Corvus said:
lol the scene loading screen sounds an even better idea :grin: I would say a similar style to that one of the slaver, taken in free fly mode. i totally agree that the scene loading screens for Zendar, all the mines, slaver, fort etc etc are all very boring with just "you are now entering zendar" or whatever. Good idea hehe

Do you want to give a bit more away?? :roll:

Dain Ironfoot said:
Any chance I could get credit for the items of mine you're using from Yoshi's Pirate mod?

Have PM'd you about this.  Will alter the first page.  Sorry Dain :oops:

Cheers

Gilrain

EDIT:  Ah, I see what the problem may be.  Yoshiboy has given permission for the models, but I've amended.  Have a look to see if what I've put is accurate.

Cheers

Hmm, new version of M&B is out, that means we will propably have to wait more for BoWX :sad: But hopefull it will be better then. :wink:

Lahvan said:
Hmm, new version of M&B is out, that means we will propably have to wait more for BoWX :sad: But hopefull it will be better then. :wink:

It all depends on how long it is before the source for 0.95X is released.  We're currently on patch 17 of the beta so we'll just have to wait and see.

Cheers

Gilrain

Lahvan said:

What Gilrain said, but you guys are in for a surprise. There's been done so much work on the next release.
It will be quite something.

Zathan

Zathan said:
Lahvan said:

What Gilrain said, but you guys are in for a surprise. There's been done so much work on the next release.
It will be quite something.

Zathan

is there a list of new things that are being added somewhere? I'm curious :grin:

Chel,

no such list, you'll just have to endure the wait mate! The dev team is currently finalizing stuff, so hopefully a new release will take place not long after the 0.950 source is made available.
That being said, the next release will be released when it's finished. :razz:

Zathan

Looking forward to the new release, even though .950 has taken some serious leaps with game play improvements. i find native far lacking in terms of difficulty. I cant wait to see what this team will do when .95X gets into your capable hands.

I think the plan right now is to release version 1.3 on M&B v .903, then move on to the .95x source and start playing with that!
But yeah, 1.3 shouldn't be too far off i don't think, and there really are some wonderful changes in there!

Corvus said:
I think the plan right now is to release version 1.3 on M&B v .903, then move on to the .95x source and start playing with that!
But yeah, 1.3 shouldn't be too far off i don't think, and there really are some wonderful changes in there!

Yeah that's correct.  NC will be releasing the next version of Band of Warriors (Expanded) for 0.903 rather than wait for the module system being released for 0.950 and having to port it.

Some previews of some of the stuff that will be included in the next BoW/X release

Keep those finances in order, courtesy of NCrawler
pres2dn9.jpg

Choose your faction, social standing and profession
pres13ho3.jpg

pres12zh2.jpg

Riovah and Melvar charge into their first battle...
pres1rd7.jpg

The 'circus'...
pres3ac6.jpg

Such a cozy place...
pres4uv4.jpg

Beware of crocs in the water
pres5uf1.jpg

An encampment of sorts?
pres6yo3.jpg

A pirate lieutenant takes aim...
pres7si1.jpg

Get your sword out and fight those searaiders, lass!
pres8bq7.jpg

A hunter from foreign lands...
pres9cx8.jpg

Lyothas cracks searaider heads
pres10yf3.jpg

An outlawed khergit lord spurs his troops for a charge
pres11hl5.jpg

Awalis. Now with less shine.
pres14ag2.jpg

A ranger takes aim with his double-barrel
pres15vs2.jpg

And scores a hit on the dragon guard
pres16hl6.jpg

Zathan

Awesome screens cant wait for new version.

I know you guys have your hands full with the developement and all, but seeing how things are progressing do you guys have an estimate of when it will be ready for release?

Keep up the good work.

No estimates...  I just started a new job and that has kept me pretty busy this past week.  Going to try and get some modding worked in this week though...

NC

andrewzx said:
Aye. best of luck, ill be looking forward to it.

Hopefully you will appreciate the wait.  A lot of hard work has been put in by people for the next release, particularly NC who has coded in so much stuff, I'm sure people will be amazed.

Dont rush, take time. I have been in many betas (many of them claiming being full retail games) so i would like to enjoy bugless game once again. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom