Band of Warriors Constructive Criticism

Users who are viewing this thread

Gilrain

Knight at Arms
This comes off the back of what Brew had posted.

Basically the idea of this thread is for you to post what aspects of Band of Warriors you don't like.  What is being looked for is not only what you don't like, but why you don't like it.  This is in no way an attempt to recreate a suggestions thread, nor is it intended to replace the way for posting suggestions, i.e. [SUGGESTION] - Topic Title, which should still be used.  I know this is similar to making suggestions, but it is subtly different.  Most people's suggestions revolve around new things to include in the mod, rather than what to change in the current one.

I'd like the posts to be detailed enough so that people's issues with what is already included is clear enough so that it can possibly be changed.  I'll add to that by saying, if one person has a gripe that does not seem to be echoed by others, then the chances of it being changed is slim.

So, please post your 'constructive' criticism here.

Cheers

Gilrain

PS - Just to reiterate, posting here does not ultimately mean your criticism will result in a change in the mod and it must be constructive!

I've always thought the river pirates were a little too underpowered, and their gear not varied enough for what are supposed to be a motley collection of pirates.  But this is very simple to tweak now, thanks to the excellent troop editor someone's put up on the repository

I think ya'll have misunderstood the meaning of this thread.
You guys are posting errors, suggestions and solutions all at the same time.
This is not the intention.

Rather, post overall criticism on this mod's shortcomings, where you feel other mods are better or why you dislike a particular feature/unit/whatever.

Zathan

Apart from BoW (expanded) I also play The Eagle and the Radiant Cross. That mod has factions that feel more fleshed out, not in mechanics, but in their story and purpose. Go into their forum section and read some of the faction codices (plural of codex) for more info.

BoW has hit the nail on the head when it comes to mechanics. Everything from sorted loot to troop trees to NPCs feels polished and balanced. What BoW lacks is a unique feel to it.

When I'm playing EatRC, I'm choosing sides based on whether I want to join a religious crusade, or maybe fight in the name of the state, or whether I feel that a less decentralized power, i.e. the Dual Monarchy, is worth fighting for.

Stories. Quests. A unique feel.

That's all this mod needs.

Back
Top Bottom