Ballistae are OP since the somewhat recent re-work

Users who are viewing this thread

Per title, ballistae have become far too over-powered in multiplayer. I believe the reload time of a ballista needs to be changed back to be roughly double what it is now.

True, the reload speed is insane. It should be somewhere between how it was before and how it is now. The sights are fine so people can use them more easily instead of having to practice without sights (although it felt better to score a hit without the sights)

If only archers didnt focus moving fighting infantry and aimed for enemy archers and balistas, I doubt balistas would be an issue, considering how many archers there usually is.

Problem is archers pick the hardest targets to hit: Fighting infantry and the cav rider, not the horse... lol

I cant wait for Friendly Fire, it will be hilarious

Reload speed's probably the worst part of the ballista buffs. I do appreciate the addition of iron sights since the alternative would be to expect players to own a HipShotDot.

bump: BALLS are OP. Please nerf! Most obvious way would be to increase reload time. Its radiculous how now it is used as a machine gun....

Pick archer and shoot the balista user? Its a static target, ez to hit.

I see swarms of archers all shooting (and miss) infantry.

Its stupid if im perfectly honest.

Also, people complained the balista was hard to use. Now they complain its too easy to use.

Summa summarum: There will always be someone who will complain.

@Horked
  1. The problem is that there is a constant flow of incoming BALL handlers who can take over while you only have ~ 30 ish ammo. Even if you would be able to 1(head) shot each time after that you have no option against it. And its a joke that an allmighty BALL reloads even faster than an archers draws an simple arrow.
  2. Hence my suggestion: increase ball reload time to be on par with xbows(?), DMG is ok that is needed to be able to take down small doors & 1shot horses etc.

Pick archer and shoot the balista user? Its a static target, ez to hit.
Hard to find decent archers in siege so can't really blame them.
Also, people complained the balista was hard to use. Now they complain its too easy to use.
Can you actually find who has said that ballistas are too hard to use is mp boards? Ballistas were already ridiculously easy to use once you got the hang of it.

Don't nerf pls, they are actually fun after rework and if you want them gone you can push them as inf and destroy them yourself, it's pretty quick with a 2h or a pile of rocks nearby.

It needs a nerf urgently indeed, it kills the fun when there is a low population on the server. Pls TW increase the reloading speed I beg you

I like how they are, archers and other ballistaes should focus on aiming and killing them, what I see most games is 2 or 3 dudes camping the ballist for the entire match with no one actually trying to kill them or destroy it

I like how they are, archers and other ballistaes should focus on aiming and killing them, what I see most games is 2 or 3 dudes camping the ballist for the entire match with no one actually trying to kill them or destroy it
Thing is why would anyone want to be forced to use ballistas or play archers only to temporarily neutralise a nuisance
They don't have to be removed, just increase reloading times or decrease accuracy but rn they are literal machine guns

[..]just increase reloading times or decrease accuracy but rn they are literal machine guns[..]
^^ seconded.
I think accuracy isn't the problem: thats sufficiently hard if you have a fast moving target (cav), reload time increase seems to be the best way to go in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom