Ballista focusing on the player completely

Users who are viewing this thread

mortache

Recruit
I was doing a siege assault as a mercenary for Sturgians and noticed that I kept getting one shot right at the game start. So I went into cover, came out after a while and had 5-6 consecutive aimbot ballista shots at me, two of which broke my barricade, one killed my horse and I dodged one, then I went deep into an infantry formation and it shot straight at me but killed troops in front of me. THEN I got one shot by that guy. Never saw this happen before!

Okay so it seems they gang up on me while I am a captain. Otherwise they don't really care even if I roam around in the front without any cover.

Yeah I notice some weird stuff like that in sieges. What's weird is it's actually very hard to hit a single target with the ballista that far away, or even 1/2 that far away but the AI seems to be able to nail you very easily at the edge of the map. I've also noticed that archers sometimes will stop shooting at me when I get on the attacking ballista. They start shooting again if I get of it, but it's kinda weird. But it's not every siege, only sometimes.

Okay so it seems they gang up on me while I am a captain. Otherwise they don't really care even if I roam around in the front without any cover.
I think the fact you are captain might be the best reason. I have never experienced being a main target of a ballista during a siege.

This exists since before the captains. I would have to search my computer, because I think I have a photograph of 3 ballistas attacking only me. A pity for them that I decided to stay crouched behind an indestructible object. I saved many men that day for having an urgent need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the battle.

I was doing a siege assault as a mercenary for Sturgians and noticed that I kept getting one shot right at the game start. So I went into cover, came out after a while and had 5-6 consecutive aimbot ballista shots at me, two of which broke my barricade, one killed my horse and I dodged one, then I went deep into an infantry formation and it shot straight at me but killed troops in front of me. THEN I got one shot by that guy. Never saw this happen before!
The Ballista dude be like "Away with you VILE BEGGAR! FUS RO DAH!"

+1 - I have experienced this many times. The AI seems to focus on the player character.
In fact I use it to my troops' advantage sometimes by roaming the back edges of the siege field. AI tries non-stop to hit me and my troops walk up to wall basically unmollested.

Never ever was focused or hit by a ballista during sieges, wether I was captain or not. Trying to hit leaders (prominent people in shiny armor) would actually be a sensible behavior for a soldier on a ballista, but I doubt the AI is that great.

Back
Top Bottom