Baldur's Gate 3 (from page 8)

Users who are viewing this thread

You know, at this point I'm hardly worried.  If it were just about anyone else I'd be concerned, but Divinity: Original Sin 2 is one of the best cRPGs I've played in years.  If anyone can produce a worthy sequel, it would be them.

Yeah holy ****, this is big news.

While I thought DOS2 was great, I don't think it was 9.5/10 great though. Many months after playing it I now feel it was 'amazing' but I remember being frustrated over a lot of time wasting in the game(inventory management was terrible, lots of back and forths with walking). I guess there's just a lack of such games recently.

I hope Baldur's Gate 3  doesn't suffer Half-Life 3 syndrome, and not precisely because of sharing number 3... and please, in real time, like the classics.  :mrgreen:

Go for the eyes, Boo!

Part of what made BG special, was the clunky 2nd ed DnD, and the rather archaic user interface.

There's a sliding scale of realism(effort involved in something, which then feels realistic) versus convenience. BG is pretty far down on the realistic/labor-intensive side of things, by today's standards, which is something that will dissuade a new generation of players - if it's replicated.

The same goes for rules and feedback - pop ups and HUD kills the immersion, and the convoluted rules were themselves a quest of epic proportions to understand.

Ah, nostalgia is a strong feeling. I still have TuTu installed...

Managed to finish my first game of baldurs gate in 2012, after buying it on ebay in 2002.  Bought BG2 in 2004.  I realized I hated my ranger who had weak weapon specializations and I realized I wanted a fighter multi class to mage so I restarted.

I think I got stuck in the last fight before returning to candlekeep, the big fight in Baldurs gate.  Think if I can just collect all the stat increase books I'll just export.  I got tutu installed and no experience cap.  Also installed BG2 but haven't done anything in the past 5 years since I got my new desktop.

It's a huge undertaking to complete both games and expansions, and many of the best items and solutions are hard to find - especially towards the end of BGII/TOB.

By the way, this is going on right now

tuning in and out of the stream, the thing is buggy, but looks okay. The dialogue system is beyond weird, but I guess one can get used to it. Really like the D&D feel of whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom