Balancing skill tree...

Users who are viewing this thread

Derguz

Recruit
Hey all

I've recently made a character where I spent the better part of 100 hours grinding the different skills, and I have to say that I find some of the skill progression extremely unbalanced. Due to the bonus' in Athleticism I kinda understands why it has such a large grind behind it, however I grinded my character to 250 in athleticism, and then started grinding riding (if any1 is interested in grinding athleticism you should always start with that one) and despite the bonus to learning was practically gone (I have 250 in two-handed, 100 in one handed, 100 in polearms, 250+ in bows, 100 in javelins etc) I got 120 skill points from the first battle on horse with only 11 kills.

That just doesn't seem balanced to me since if you're on a horse you're generally a lot safer in battle than when you're on foot - the risk is much smaller and your ability to determine the battle is a lot greater.

Am I the only one who finds this to be a balancing issue?

Are you playing on 1.7.2 or 1.8.0? Leveling Athletics is far easier on 1.8.0 compared to 1.7.2. Usually you will get over 100 or so by just doing some tourneys. In general 1.8.0 introduced some needed changes to the skill progression.

Things have definitely change a lot in 1.8. Not perfect, but a lot better.

Riding was always ridiculous. The idea that you got so much experience for flock shooting into a moving pile of infantry from 200 yards (or whatever the measurement is) has always bothered me. I’m just hoping I hit something. It’s not an “aimed” shot. IRL 90% of those hits would be missed as hit boxes are rather “sticky” in this game.

So Athletics is in a good spot right now, but I’m not positive on Riding. It seems they’ve gotten rid of some of the absurdity, but maybe not, and it needs to be curbed if that’s still the case. I would prefer if Riding XP was lessened during “flock shooting” but increased for moving around the map.

And for the love of all that is good, we need proper ways to train our companions and ourselves without having to find cheese or grind methods.

Well it was adressed and they changed it in 1.8 for the better in case of the athletic tree. Yeah riding is still superior but hey there must be something for the casuals :sneaky: ("meme after 4 runs with atlethic leveling to 300 before the patch 1.8")

I don’t think it’s actually “casuals” arguing for imbalance and exploits though. It oddly tends to be those that are prone to use console commands, which has always been a mystery to me why they then care when people try to steer the game towards a better risk vs reward state.

I don’t think it’s actually “casuals” arguing for imbalance and exploits though. It oddly tends to be those that are prone to use console commands, which has always been a mystery to me why they then care when people try to steer the game towards a better risk vs reward state.
It was just a joke. Besides athletics had also his shiny days were you could outrun horses or kill an army of 100 looters alone. But this was changed to the better. Still waiting for the termination of the horse exploit where you could repeatly join a town/castle battle and finish the defenders alone. Or is it already fixed? Didn´t play since summer last year.

1.8.0 fixed almost all my issues with skill leveling for main hero. Last issue is Medicine, it is insane how much soldiers must be sacrificed to get it to high levels.

Last long run I was deliberately sacrificing hundreds of melee infantry battle after battle for 7 years serving as mercenary and still don't get to 200 with 5 focus points and 10 attribute points in Intelligence

Leveling skills for companions still painful for most skills. They get levels too slow, and have a lot of wasted focus points and attribute points because of badly thought templates.

Yeah medicine is a problem. After a battle you gain 10xp(without the skill bonus factor) for 1 injured soldier you heal. So do the math for yourself about how many soldiers you have to heal... It's insane

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom