Balancing Multiplayer. PLEASE READ

Users who are viewing this thread

Singleplayer and MP are balanced seperately. However...

I don't see patch notes separating adjustments yet but perhaps that will come. Spear nerfs continue everywhere for example (reduced headshot damage, reduced stun). Those were only implemented due to calls from skirmish/deathmatch players who still consider spears to be OP in grounded combat. Any changes to SP A.I. cross over as well, with Captain's mode being both PVE and PVP it is more susceptible to all these changes greatly affecting its balance.

Some decent suggestions but I would leave out wording like "irrefutable facts" and "beyond OP" "100% winrate" etc. since it's not always true and we need to think rationally about making changes and how they might affect all game modes.

Ignore the Skirmish die-hards who don't see the potential of Captain's Mode, they've been like that throughout the beta and only making balance suggestions for their preferred game mode while ignoring how it can effect both Single Player and Captain's Mode. Luckily there are many who do see the potential of competitively played Captain's Mode, including the developers. Just because there are many new players learning how to play right now does not change that.
I can appreciate your view and I 100% agree. I could probably word it better than "Beyond OP" but that gravity of it still stands in that statement. if they plan to give those units those weapons they need to reduce the numbers so they can't swarm units. The weapons truly are powerful.

With player skill I completely agree. Battania's only ace in the hole is Their archers. They have 2handed weapons and can play an efficient ranged flank support and can Rear flank units that clash face to face. The infantry is only as good as its surrounding infantry tho and that is very evident between factions.

Singleplayer and MP are balanced seperately. However...

Balancing PvP and what is essentially PvE (captain) simultaneously makes no sense. Weapons behave differently when handled by bots or players. This is a terrible design choice by TW that handicaps both modes in the end.
They could fix it pretty quick by just making sperate multiplayer loadout files. Seperate stats seperate folders.

>The group I play with are competitive Mordhau players
Yeah, please **** off. You "people" ruined Mordhau.
I'm sorry that's all you could focus on. I'm also sorry your big brain thinks "our people" ruined a game that was meant to be played competitively. Then again people who can't elaborate an opinion are usual small brains anyways but thanks for commenting and bumping my post.

Back
Top Bottom