what would you like to be added first

• balance

• features

• fixes

• i use mods for these

• i dont care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

balancing the game in the current state is stupid. nerfing weapons,trade simulations is stupid.
all these things are effected by perks that are not in yet
how can you balance something without a feature tied to it that changes it entirely

balance updates before perks and features are a joke
with all respected the devs are finding holes and digging deeper into a never ending circle of balance
because once perks come out the whole system will need balance re-adjustment
time is money stop wasting money on temporary solution and put it into the features

We want more features on every new update version, not just banlance. What is the purpose of constantly balance while not many new feature update. Please complete your main quest, please add sort button in Party screen, please make game save troop information.

Love your game.

Last edited:
I really don't mind them fixing things to keep the game playable. I have somewhat of a problem with them trying to balance the game around it's current basic and crude systems which then just get adjusted by mods. I'm definitely not okay with the fact that they've added no new features at all in a month and fixed a 'couple' perks related to character development (mods already do it better).

Except for a few brown nosers that live on the forums it seems like this is the general consensus, I'm sure taleworlds knows it as well and they're probably looking at speeding that up a bit, hopefully. We'll see going forward,

It makes sense to balance some things but not others. You need some core game systems to be balanced before you can work on other things. Like things that rely on the economy, you need to balance the core economic systems before you can even evaluate some other things that rely on them.

Economy is currently out of whack with unrestrained prosperity growth, and all goods are scarce because the towns get so big and consume all the resources. That might be why there are no war horses anywhere after a year or two. Which probably contributes to AI going bankrupt and having crap troops, because they have to buy horses at 2000+ denars each, and all food is expensive.

So there are certain things you do need to balance first. It should be core systems that undergird everything else though.

balancing the game in the current state is stupid. nerfing weapons,trade simulations is stupid.
all these things are effected by perks that are not in yet
how can you balance something without a feature tied to it that changes it entirely

balance updates before perks and features are a joke
with all respected the devs are finding holes and digging deeper into a never ending circle of balance
because once perks come out the whole system will need balance re-adjustment
time is money stop wasting money on temporary solution and put it into the features

Balancing and fixes are not stupid and without them, the game would not be playable while the new content is developed.

Perks are important, right now there is barely any point to skills when the perks don't work - making character progression almost entirely pointless.
Balancing for example when perks don't even work doesn't make much sense to me, as many perks also influence the players economy and balance.

I don't know if their approach of fixing perks on skill per skill basis is the right choice. It will take months before perks are fixed it seems.

Then again you could argue that playing the game in it's current state is kind of pointless anyway even with working perks, as indeed it feels like many features are missing that are crucial to the gameplay and enjoyment. Kingdom management, diplomacy, events like the Nords invading, new things like hunting.

We just have to be patient i guess :p

About OP, I guess answer could be yes and no, simply because players and AI lords play on different rules, and main thing is AI lords don't have perk tree, they just have flat bonuses, to "mimic" some (most important) bonuses from our perk tree. So AI don't have income from caravans, workshop and perk bonuses for trade, taxes and food, but they have bigger taxes from fiefs and probably bigger loot bonus. Right now devs need to make 2 different balances: toward player and toward AI lords. Nerfing caravans and workshops they finished balancing player economy, now they are working on AI economy. I bet in some of next hotfixes we will see something like:
-we added 30% bonus for AI lords toward for food production in settlements (to mimic Agriculture perk from Steward skill)
So they will balance AI by simply adding bonuses players have, and I also think they will need to rebalance things when they finally finish all perks.

About OP, I guess answer could be yes and no, simply because players and AI lords play on different rules, and main thing is AI lords don't have perk tree, they just have flat bonuses, to "mimic" some (most important) bonuses from our perk tree. So AI don't have income from caravans, workshop and perk bonuses for trade, taxes and food, but they have bigger taxes from fiefs and probably bigger loot bonus. Right now devs need to make 2 different balances: toward player and toward AI lords. Nerfing caravans and workshops they finished balancing player economy, now they are working on AI economy. I bet in some of next hotfixes we will see something like:
-we added 30% bonus for AI lords toward for food production in settlements (to mimic Agriculture perk from Steward skill)
So they will balance AI by simply adding bonuses players have, and I also think they will need to rebalance things when they finally finish all perks.

Which makes me draw the conclusion that they shouldn't be balancing until all perks are working correctly?

the content provides you with levers for balancing.
Balancing without having those levers and introducing them later having a new balance to be achieved, is not very far-sighted.
First the content must be introduced, then the whole must be balanced.

I voted for feature and fixes. And yes, after finalizing the perks, they should start balancing the game. For the AI lords, they must benefit from the perks. Maybe not all of the perks, but some.

The game can be balanced with supporting features, tweaking those numbers and nerfing this or that will only cause the game to be more grindy and unenjoyable, not to mention it's a pathetic band-aid solution, which for some reason seems to be what TW is focusing on. I geniunely do not understand their development philosophy. It seems they make the worst possible design choices with each patch. At this rate, are we even going to see a single extra feature added by 2.0?

I can't predict the future, but when I read "Plans for Singleplayer and Engine" I can't see any plan for major new features except new voting system and new quests.

Back
Top Bottom