Balance this **** please

Users who are viewing this thread

Heskeytime

Regular
Today i noticed a player called TercioEspenios_Henry using a pike, his overhead thrust was causing crushthrough on every hit regardless of the target.

Now i dont know if he was hacking or if this actually a feature, but i saw him crush through Steel shields, and my build at the time was 30 Str Great Long Bardiche user and he was crushing me every time with each hit. It was making a different sound and clearly crushing rather than just hitting around my block. Did it if i was running at him, or if i was backpedaling. It was always up-stabs, he didnt need to vary cos noone could block him.

If that's a bug please fix it, if it's a hack please fix him, and if it's a feature please balance it. Thank you. Stuff like this is gamebreaking

Matim said:
Maybe start using the renaissance formations (units) instead of those medieval ones? Keep in mind that it's not crpg

That's a bull**** argument and you know it. If there is a build that makes every overhead attack with a pike crushthrough, aka, always hit regardless of the circumstances, then a pike block would just be a nonstop overhead crushthrough fest of 'spam attacks untill either group dies' instead of 'chamberblock attacks untill either group dies'. That's a significant difference because in case two an unarmoured group of pikes with enough skill can beat an armoured group, while in the former means that everyone should just go pike and overhead, anywhere and everywhere.

Matim said:
Maybe start using the renaissance formations (units) instead of those medieval ones? Keep in mind that it's not crpg

If 2 poles attack me, one overhead and one under, i'll likely rage about it, but appreciate i've been outplayed by a very situationally effective strategy.

If a single polearm deals nothing but crushthroughs at extreme range, there is literally nothing that i as a bardiche-user can do. Especially since my build should in theory be very resistant to crush. Just to emphasize here, he was on his own as i'd killed his compadre in the first case, and was 1 on 1 second time, there was no feinting, no holding attacks or clever wriggling of attacks to beat my block, just one overhead after another that hit my block and smushed through it to deal damage and stagger me every time.

I was already aware that thrusting polearms were incredibly powerful in this mod, perhaps even more so than native and crpg, but if this specific application is an intended feature i would plea that it be reconsidered. My assumption however is that this is an unintended side-effect of making pikes some of the heaviest weapons to perhaps slow movement and attack speed to semi-realistic levels, as crushthrough formulas are weight-dependent. Please revisit this, there's no way that this already powerful class should also be so potent at crushthrough (great pike is heavier than sledgehammer, the only thing heavier in the class is great maul/hammer with it's 83 reach, great pike has 435 reach)

BlairWolffe said:
Why...What...So serious....Why..

My seemingly-pointless desire to express that this isnt a QQ about pikes being used in support, it's about their crushthrough combined with their reach and attack speed in 1on1. Also my explanation of how i think this happened. I assumed that'd be worth a little bit more than just a standard 'nerf plz'.

Wouldnt have made my first post if i wasnt serious that i think this specific area of balance needs a look.

Pikes are damn brilliant when there's more than one pikeman in the group, otherwise they get shrekt by the two hander cheesers due to not being able to block.

mcwiggum said:
Pikes are damn brilliant when there's more than one pikeman in the group, otherwise they get shrekt by the two hander cheesers due to not being able to block.

Agreed, but how does that justify/relate to/fix the issue of a single pikeman walking backwards all the time overhead stabbing a tincan with a steel shield down to 50% thanks to crushthrough before I can get close enough to force him to switch weapons?

Anyways, I haven't checked in the nex patch yet.

mcwiggum said:
I've never been able to crush through with the pike yet.

Me neither, but a certain clan used it as a trademark spam tactic two patches ago, so that if their 4 pikemen worked together they could crushthrough spam any target to death within a few moments. Don't know if that still works now though.

Back
Top Bottom