Balance Patch: design insights + full changelog

Users who are viewing this thread

Was trying to play Captain Mode and that is only allowing 1v1's atm. Also another player informed me that when he was using Vlandian Sergeants in the mode half of his men had no shields and the other half had 2 shields. Also saw the Blood Rage bug. Just figured I would bring it to your attention. I also noticed when I picked Vlandian Sergeant with 2 handed sword I could not use it with my shield in a 1 handed mode.
Hey thank you for the report. The 1v1 issues might be because the servers are updating right now, but I will ask!
I am checking the sergeant on captain mode and I'll fix the shield issue. Not sure if we can do a hotfix for it today though.

As fore the 2h sword, it is not a bastard sword. So you wont be able to use it with 1 hand.

Hey thank you for the report. The 1v1 issues might be because the servers are updating right now, but I will ask!
I am checking the sergeant on captain mode and I'll fix the shield issue. Not sure if we can do a hotfix for it today though.

As fore the 2h sword, it is not a bastard sword. So you wont be able to use it with 1 hand.
Awesome, thanks for looking into it! Is it intentional that the sergeants with the 2 handed swords also come with shields though? It's a little jarring to see my character with a shield and 2 handed sword, but no 1 handed weapon to go with the shield.

Did the long two handed axe for beserkers get a damage buff or is that a bug too?
It got a damage nerf actually. It should show it on the armory.

Awesome, thanks for looking into it! Is it intentional that the sergeants with the 2 handed swords also come with shields though? It's a little jarring to see my character with a shield and 2 handed sword, but no 1 handed weapon to go with the shield.
You do get a 1h weapon. Depending on which perk you selected in the first slot.

Small update:
Servers should now not open 1v1 matches anymore
The fix for the Berserker is still being uploaded. Will take aaround 40 more minutes

Last edited:
I love the vladian sergeant now with the 2 handed weapon and not as a bastard sword, that was a good move! The perks description is good as well, like having simple titles, such as grant axe, is much better and easier to choose!

Hotfix for the berserker is live now (restart your game and make sure you got the update, maybe restart steam etc.). Please dont join in progress games right after you download the fix, as it will crash.
Wait for those server to end and start again before joining.

Last edited:
These are some nice changes and balances. Thank you for your work and communication with the playerbase. @NIN3
But i have to ask one question. Will there be new content and combat changes soon? Battlemode was announced months ago. Combat changes are needed too. Bannerlord combat is so slow and not as in depth as warband.

Respectfully, that's just your opinion. I played Warband for ten years and the combat in Bannerlord to me is far more in depth than Warband's ever was.
Highly disagree. Bannerlord combat is almost turn-based. No spam directions or reliable chambers. Movement speed is also so slow.

Some really awesome changes in here
One thing I disagree with though is taking away the choice of a lance for light cavalry. It was one of the bigger reasons to go light cav in the first place. High risk high reward especially since most light cav with a lance didn't have shields, just make more risk to it. I'd prefer to have to sacrifice a good perk in return for a lance as light cav as it was prior. Heavy cavalry feels slow to the point where double-tapping W does nothing.
Overall good stuff though

This is a promising update sir, I am glad multi is getting a little bit more attention than usual.
"We are aware of the current ping and fps problems. Be assured that we are looking into it and the making of this update didn't take any resources away from that process."
Even though you stated this one, could you say some words regarding these ping and fps problems, whether they are going to be fixed in the near future?:smile:

Sturgia warrior better axe perk (raider axe) has stats for thrust dmg and thrust speed despite it not being able to thrust.
Edit: same goes for sturgia hunter(raider axe), sturgian Druzhinnik(raider cavalry axe) and aserai Guard (Tabad and Bardiche).

Last edited:
  • Farm Tools
    • Randomly granted by new Peasant (Vlandia) perk
    • 2 Two Handed Long Sickels
      • Can dismount horseman!
    • 2 Pitchforks
    • 1 Two Handed Shovel
I do declare, I am HOT and BOTHERED.

My god I love this. It has been floated on the forums before, just such a good call for peasants.

A ton of good work in there, well done @NIN3

saw the Sturgian Warrior speed increase in there too, thanks for that! Poor guys need some love.

Back
Top Bottom