Balance Issues etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Heya,

so I wanted talk about balance "issues". While I believe that there are some issues with combat, f.e. the delays, I do not think weapon balance is one of them.
I am honestly quite satisfied with everything SP and MP so far. Don't understand where all the hate comes from.
Some claim misadvertisement by TaleWorlds, while it explicitly said something along the lines of "If in doubt, don't buy".
This game is like an unpolished gem. An unpolished 40 karat diamond gem.

Whether you are a Warband veteran or a new player: You might have to just get better at the game, no offense :???: *shrugs*

Last edited:
Heya,

so I wanted talk about balance "issues". While I believe that there are some issues with combat, f.e. the delays, weapon balance is not one of them.
I am honestly quite satisfied with everything SP and MP so far. Don't understand where all the hate comes from.
Some claim misadvertisement by TaleWorlds, while it explicitly said something along the lines of "If in doubt, don't buy".

Whether you are a Warband veteran or a new player: You might have to just get better at the game, no offense :???: *shrugs*

All 10 people playing skirmish at peak hours agree with you. Like I and others have said, If the Javelin, Arbelist kickshot meta is what being "good" is we would rather just not play at all.

All 10 people playing skirmish at peak hours agree with you. Like I and others have said, If the Javelin, Arbelist kickshot meta is what being "good" is we would rather just not play at all.
I am able to get into games faster in Bannerlord than in CS:GO. Player count might be low, still, I got no problems with matchmaking so far.
Never got Arbelest kickshoted by anyone, so I can't relate. Shieldless vs. Ranged is obviously not going to end well for the first.

For me at least, most of the dislike comes from design decisions rather than core mechanics.

I wish block delay was a little faster as some things are still unblockable, but once you break left clicking habit, it's possible to block most attacks if you're fast enough and it does add a layer of decisiveness when you do decide to feint an attack or follow through.

Weapon balance is one of those poor design decisions for me.

- Aserai Skirmishers should not have access to Jereeds, despite 6 of them, their 32 melee damage hurts more than most swords.

- Same can be said for Khuzait Throwing Spears with their 37 pierce damage.

- The Battanian clan warriors auto-club, little bastards got like 98 speed and no weight, lightning fast blunt damage.

- Vlandian Sergeant's mace is a doom weapon, the only reason you'd leave it is if you wanted your enemy to know mercy. It's fast and that blunt damage annihilates armour.

- The Vlandian Arbelist's Light Crossbow is a product of time travel, it's secretly a semi-automatic rifle made of wood.

These are just a few I could think of, I'm sure there are many others. It's the combination of these weapons and parameters being off that leads most people to frustration, especially since every once in a while they see how good the game could be, might be, before its drowned in a sea of pila and heavy horses.

Last edited:
I am able to get into games faster in Bannerlord than in CS:GO. Player count might be low, still, I got no problems with matchmaking so far.
Never got Arbelest kickshoted by anyone, so I can't relate. Shieldless vs. Ranged is obviously not going to end well for the first.
Thats because theres no matchmaking in place to give you a fair game. CS might have a longer queue time but the players in your games will be similar to your skill level, while in bannerlord its all random, meaning you could be playing with 6 fresh off the boat never before seen a monitor, or a grandmaster god of death.
I've actually seen more two handed players recently, and I have no idea why. Im an archer so I just assume its a late birthday present.

Lemme help you
  • no single life battle mode
  • restrictive class system - no fun customization (like WB)
  • block delay makes some weapons less-usable
  • Dev's visions for MP are unclear - community servers and modding tools are coming soon(tm)
  • no matchmaking because MP population is a handful of people because of previously mentioned problems
I also feel like TW missed a big opportunity to grow the MP community. Mebbe they will do this at full release.

A diamond burried under a few tons of tears, **** and rage - yes. MP is far away form beeing enjoyable. Played today for the first time after 2-3 weeks, so far i've been shot by archers and javelins for 18 times without even coming close to have a proper meele fight. There is no tremendous skill level required (yet) to push your name up the playerlist. Also no one is playing siege, duel server is barely populated and full of kids - It's simply not enjoyable

A client is going to get 12 players onto 1 server faster than it can get 500000 players onto 70000 servers.

If you havent been kickshot by a crossbow or a jav the lobbies youve been in thus far havent been all that skilled or aware.

Shieldless classes are indeed useless against ranged. This is why you NEVER see them in serious skirmish matches, which is not ideal balance.

You’re right we should all just shut up and stop giving feedback and just get better at the game. Totally makes sense btw that a sword to the face will take 5 hits to kill but the moment you jam a pila in there it is literally 200% overkill. Working as intended. The same pila will one shot a horse charging at you but if you use a spear it just scratches an itch. Ah yes I just gotta “get good” in your words. What game modes are you even playing? It sounds like your a casual player tbh.

Skirmish spam is not fun to play against, even if something is perfectly balanced (which its absolutely not) if its not fun to play, people wont play.
Wouldnt surprise me to see teams have a vulture who just picks the cheapest class and loot whatever they can, I played abit like that last few times I've played and usually ended up with a bow or a horse without having to pay ?‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom