Balance Issues Complaint Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

1. Would you care to quote the part I should be looking at? It's kind of customary to do so when presenting one with a counter argument. I couldn't find anything on "horse archers in plate armor".

2. That's kind of the point. One should be discouraged from having both plate armor, guns and swords and shields. Might as well have a horse too to complete the package. :grin:

3. Yes, range absolutely, because at the moment people snipe with arquebuses and that is NOT how they were used historically. Arquebuses were used at short range because otherwise they were woefully inaccurate and could not penetrate most plate. I don't know the exact properties of it and at what range it becomes effective, but right now it's every bit as powerful as a matchlock, or even a flintlock. It should not be. Short range defined this weapon's effectiveness and class more than anything else.

4. That's your problem. A lot of people I shot at were in formation and I neatly exploited that. Indeed their range is decent but the range of everything else is not. :smile:

I have started to notice how absolutely ridiculous some of the weapons in-game are, when you compare them with other weapons in-game and their real-life equivalents. By all means, this is a rant out of frustration and there will be errors inside of it, and feel free to point those out, but I'm just going to point out some things that have been really bugging me for a while now. If I sound offensive, then that is the result of my frustration. I have been told and I have read that this mod strives to be realistic, and I have very much appreciated the efforts into trying to reach that ideal. However, these things have persisted over quite a few patches already and I feel that they need to be brought to attention.

I also understand that you have completely redevelopped a new damage system and that the weapon damage values are balanced around that, but some of these really need fixing regardless of that.
To start off; remove the fantasy weapons. Please. Noone is going to carry a double-headed axe with a 5cm thick steel blade the size of a car wheel around, and expect to do anything but break his back carrying it at all. A double-headed axe wasn't a warfare weapon at all, it was a woodcutting tool to have a sharper and a blunter edge to fell the tree at different stages, and was only used for warfare as an improvised weapon. It is simply way to heavy and large to be effective. Any axe meant for actual practical warfare usually has a small blade designed for speed and lots of hurting. Anything more is overkill and losing essential speed. This thing, is absolutely ridiculous.
GetItemImage

When you look at the stats of the 'Double Axe' it only grows more retarded.
Hit points: 1940
Reach: 95
Weight: 2.8
Speed: 83
Thrust: 32 pierce
Swing: 48 cut
Slot: Can't seath
Unbalanced

Yes, that thing has 32 piercing damage while stabbing. That tiny stubby point on that enormously conan-esque fantasy axe deals little less than twice as much piercing damage as the side sword, a sword that had evolved to rely on stabbing more than cutting.
GetItemImage

+1 Side Sword
Hit points: 2460
Weight: 1.2
Speed: 95
Thrust: 20 pierce
Swing: 25 cut
Slot: Left hip 1
NOTE: This is a +1 sword already. The actual damage is 19 piercing.

Oh, and let us not forget the concrete brick on a pole!
GetItemImage

This is basically an enormously heavy brick of granite on a ridiculously thin wooden stick that would probably break already if you hold the thing horizontal (if you even can, look at how unbalanced the thing is!) and still somehow it is seen as a legit weapon of war? If you get whalloped in the face with it, sure, you'll be really dead; but if you get whalopped in the face with a warhammer that's 50 times lighter and faster, you'll still be dead. Oversized weapons were not used irl except for ceremonial purposes or specific tasks because overkill was not something you wanted to achieve on the battlefield in exchange for way more vital characteristics.

The very same for the teber. I understand that it existed in real life. Yes, ofcourse. But will you bear with me for a moment and look a the in-game weapon. Thank you. I shall admit beforehand that I know very little of this weapon, but I'm going to look at it from a practical perspective.
GetItemImage

There. It's a giant double-bladed axehead with a large double-bladed spearhead on a very long and thin stick. Same rule as above applies. Overkill is not practical. This thing would break its own shaft after one decent hit, and it would be a really, really ineffective weapon. It's enormously tip-heavy, just like the boulder on a stick, and if you would attack with it once, and not break your own weapon or get it irreversably stuck inside the ground or your opponent, you would be thrown entirely off-balance and spend way too much time recovering your weapon, all the time being open to attacks. I strongly suspect that the double-bladed teber is a ceremonial weapon based on this, yet in-game, it still has these wildly hilarious stats:
Long Teber
Hit points: 1960
Reach: 171
Weight: 3.2
Speed: 81
Swing: 40 cut
Unbalanced

Yes. That thing is more effective at stabbing people than an ashwood pike.
GetItemImage

Ashwood Pike
Hit points: 1920
Reach: 189
Weight: 2.4
Speed: 88
Thrust: 30 pierce
Unbalanced

To finish this part of the rant and console all the teber fanboys; the teber's use would probably have been as a ceremonial weapon a show-off weapon for the skill of the smith or the wealth and/or status of the owner, or for spectacular effect during executions. I mean, look at these pictures of tebers; do they look practical to you? My guess is that it was an officer's weapon in the Ottoman forces. More to recognize where your leading officer is and for giving commands than actual fighting.
016331556-big.jpg

005857427-big.jpg

They're in general a lot too thin to be used as an actual weapon, and certainly a lot oo large and heavy

Done yet? Ofcourse not! Let me present to you, the shortened voulge. The shortened voulge is a brutal cleaving head that curves into a rather unpronounced tip with which you can absolutely make mincemeat out of your enemies. But, if we look at its stats...
GetItemImage

Shortened Voulge
Hit points: 1905
Reach: 109
Weight: 2.1
Speed: 87
Thrust: 37 cut
Unbalanced

We see that when stabbing with our stubby little friend here, you will still inflict significantly more damage than with a war-axe.
GetItemImage

+1 Light Axe
Hit points: 1860
Reach: 57
Swing: 35 cut
Unbalanced
NOTE: It's a +1 weapon, actual damage is 34 cutting

Yes, that small, nimble fast and hard-hitting one-handed axe (imagine getting that thing slammed into your ribs. Yes, that'll hurt a lot.)  is less effective at killing people than stabbing with the short and stubby shortened voulge. While I understand the principle of a drawing cut you would perform with the shortened voulge, since actually stabbing with it would be rather ineffective, but that does not justify that thing outperforming war axes in cutting damage when stabbing. For reference's sake, LOOK AT THE THING:
GetItemImage

The same counts for the larger voulge, which inflicts even more damage when stabbing someone with that super acute point!
GetItemImage

Voulge
Hit points: 1995
Reach: 175
Weight: 3.9
Speed: 75
Thrust: 39 cut
Swing: 43 cut
Unbalanced

Bonus points:
Yes, that voulge deals more damage when stabbing than the flamberge does when cutting.
GetItemImage

Short Flamberge
Hit points: 2545
Reach: 123
Weight: 2.9
Speed: 85
Thrust: 26 pierce
Swing: 38 cut

Hmm. What else sounds hilarious? Oh, I found something! Let's take a look at this mighty fine spear:
GetItemImage

War Spear
Reach: 170
Speed: 90
Swing: 25 blunt
Unbalanced
Knockdown

Yes. You read that right. When swinging that small and light spearhead around you will inflict more damage to your foe than when you club this into their face:
GetItemImage

+1 War Hammer
Hit points: 1855
Reach: 65
Weight: 1.1
Unbalanced
Knockdown
NOTE: +1 once more, so actual damage is 24 blunt

So a spear designed for stabbing is more lethal when swung than a warhammer is when clubbed in someone's face. In understand that the lenght would amplify the speed of the weapon, but when did you last see a guy with a spear grab it by the end and swing it around like a helicopter blade?

There has to be something else ridiculous right? Ofcourse! Let us take these for example!

GetItemImage
GetItemImage

Look at these fine implements of head protection! A steel cap with a rim protecting the face from downward swings, arrows and the sun, along with a mail coif to protect the cheeks, neck and throat. The face is unprotected for visibility's sake, but still quite open. But hey, we want to show off our beards, right? And I mean, this helmet was used from the 11th to well into the 17th century next to the morion, it sure must've been effective right?
Byzantion
Hit points: 123
Weight: 3.6
Head armor: 64
Kettle Helm
Hit points: 124
Weight: 3.7
Head armor: 66

Now let's compare these kettle helmets with let's say a combed morion, the volution of it. A combed morion is a kettle helmet 'dragged around the cheeks' (the 'chapel' being the halfway evolution) so it would protect most of the face aswell. It also added a comb to protect from downward swings even more, and cheek plates to catch any blow that would get underneath the lowered side-section, also supplied with a large rim to catch weapons.
GetItemImage

Combed Morion
Hit points: 117
Head armor: 47

Oh my.

Perhaps a visored sallet, a helmet protecting everything but the chin and throat from incoming blows, for which they usually had a bevor to protect that attached to their breastplates?
GetItemImage

Visored Sallet
Hit points: 120
Head armor: 56

Hmmmm. It seems we're going back to the 12th century lads, they had better helmets hands down.

We know about the balancing issues and they will be fixed as soon as possible.
Please be patient, there's other major stuff which needs to be done too.

Even if we dont reply to every single comment, we surely read them.

Roran 13 said:
I have started to notice how absolutely ridiculous some of the weapons in-game are, when you compare them with other weapons in-game and their real-life equivalents. By all means, this is a rant out of frustration and there will be errors inside of it, and feel free to point those out, but I'm just going to point out some things that have been really bugging me for a while now. If I sound offensive, then that is the result of my frustration. I have been told and I have read that this mod strives to be realistic, and I have very much appreciated the efforts into trying to reach that ideal. However, these things have persisted over quite a few patches already and I feel that they need to be brought to attention.

I also understand that you have completely redevelopped a new damage system and that the weapon damage values are balanced around that, but some of these really need fixing regardless of that.
To start off; remove the fantasy weapons. Please. Noone is going to carry a double-headed axe with a 5cm thick steel blade the size of a car wheel around, and expect to do anything but break his back carrying it at all. A double-headed axe wasn't a warfare weapon at all, it was a woodcutting tool to have a sharper and a blunter edge to fell the tree at different stages, and was only used for warfare as an improvised weapon. It is simply way to heavy and large to be effective. Any axe meant for actual practical warfare usually has a small blade designed for speed and lots of hurting. Anything more is overkill and losing essential speed. This thing, is absolutely ridiculous.
GetItemImage

When you look at the stats of the 'Double Axe' it only grows more retarded.
Speed: 83
Swing: 48 cut
Unbalanced

Yes, that thing has 32 piercing damage while stabbing. That tiny stubby point on that enormously conan-esque fantasy axe deals little less than twice as much piercing damage as the side sword, a sword that had evolved to rely on stabbing more than cutting.
GetItemImage

+1 Side Sword
Swing: 25 cut
NOTE: This is a +1 sword already. The actual damage is 19 piercing.

Oh, and let us not forget the concrete brick on a pole!
GetItemImage

This is basically an enormously heavy brick of granite on a ridiculously thin wooden stick that would probably break already if you hold the thing horizontal (if you even can, look at how unbalanced the thing is!) and still somehow it is seen as a legit weapon of war? If you get whalloped in the face with it, sure, you'll be really dead; but if you get whalopped in the face with a warhammer that's 50 times lighter and faster, you'll still be dead. Oversized weapons were not used irl except for ceremonial purposes or specific tasks because overkill was not something you wanted to achieve on the battlefield in exchange for way more vital characteristics.

The very same for the teber. I understand that it existed in real life. Yes, ofcourse. But will you bear with me for a moment and look a the in-game weapon. Thank you. I shall admit beforehand that I know very little of this weapon, but I'm going to look at it from a practical perspective.
GetItemImage

There. It's a giant double-bladed axehead with a large double-bladed spearhead on a very long and thin stick. Same rule as above applies. Overkill is not practical. This thing would break its own shaft after one decent hit, and it would be a really, really ineffective weapon. It's enormously tip-heavy, just like the boulder on a stick, and if you would attack with it once, and not break your own weapon or get it irreversably stuck inside the ground or your opponent, you would be thrown entirely off-balance and spend way too much time recovering your weapon, all the time being open to attacks. I strongly suspect that the double-bladed teber is a ceremonial weapon based on this, yet in-game, it still has these wildly hilarious stats:
Long Teber
Hit points: 1960
Reach: 171
Weight: 3.2
Speed: 81
Unbalanced

Yes. That thing is more effective at stabbing people than an ashwood pike.
GetItemImage

Ashwood Pike
Hit points: 1920
Reach: 189
Speed: 88
Unbalanced

To finish this part of the rant and console all the teber fanboys; the teber's use would probably have been as a ceremonial weapon a show-off weapon for the skill of the smith or the wealth and/or status of the owner, or for spectacular effect during executions. I mean, look at these pictures of tebers; do they look practical to you? My guess is that it was an officer's weapon in the Ottoman forces. More to recognize where your leading officer is and for giving commands than actual fighting.
016331556-big.jpg

005857427-big.jpg

They're in general a lot too thin to be used as an actual weapon, and certainly a lot oo large and heavy

Done yet? Ofcourse not! Let me present to you, the shortened voulge. The shortened voulge is a brutal cleaving head that curves into a rather unpronounced tip with which you can absolutely make mincemeat out of your enemies. But, if we look at its stats...
GetItemImage

Shortened Voulge
Reach: 109
Thrust: 37 cut
Unbalanced

We see that when stabbing with our stubby little friend here, you will still inflict significantly more damage than with a war-axe.
GetItemImage

+1 Light Axe
Reach: 57
Swing: 35 cut
Unbalanced
NOTE: It's a +1 weapon, actual damage is 34 cutting

Yes, that small, nimble fast and hard-hitting one-handed axe (imagine getting that thing slammed into your ribs. Yes, that'll hurt a lot.)  is less effective at killing people than stabbing with the short and stubby shortened voulge. While I understand the principle of a drawing cut you would perform with the shortened voulge, since actually stabbing with it would be rather ineffective, but that does not justify that thing outperforming war axes in cutting damage when stabbing. For reference's sake, LOOK AT THE THING:
GetItemImage

The same counts for the larger voulge, which inflicts even more damage when stabbing someone with that super acute point!
GetItemImage

Voulge
Hit points: 1995
Reach: 175
Weight: 3.9
Speed: 75
Thrust: 39 cut
Swing: 43 cut
Unbalanced

Bonus points:
Yes, that voulge deals more damage when stabbing than the flamberge does when cutting.
GetItemImage

Short Flamberge
Hit points: 2545
Reach: 123
Thrust: 26 pierce
Swing: 38 cut

Hmm. What else sounds hilarious? Oh, I found something! Let's take a look at this mighty fine spear:
GetItemImage

War Spear
Reach: 170
Unbalanced
Knockdown

Yes. You read that right. When swinging that small and light spearhead around you will inflict more damage to your foe than when you club this into their face:
GetItemImage

+1 War Hammer
Unbalanced
Knockdown
NOTE: +1 once more, so actual damage is 24 blunt

So a spear designed for stabbing is more lethal when swung than a warhammer is when clubbed in someone's face. In understand that the lenght would amplify the speed of the weapon, but when did you last see a guy with a spear grab it by the end and swing it around like a helicopter blade?

There has to be something else ridiculous right? Ofcourse! Let us take these for example!

GetItemImage
GetItemImage

Look at these fine implements of head protection! A steel cap with a rim protecting the face from downward swings, arrows and the sun, along with a mail coif to protect the cheeks, neck and throat. The face is unprotected for visibility's sake, but still quite open. But hey, we want to show off our beards, right? And I mean, this helmet was used from the 11th to well into the 17th century next to the morion, it sure must've been effective right?
Byzantion
Hit points: 123
Weight: 3.6
Head armor: 64
Kettle Helm
Hit points: 124
Weight: 3.7
Head armor: 66

Now let's compare these kettle helmets with let's say a combed morion, the volution of it. A combed morion is a kettle helmet 'dragged around the cheeks' (the 'chapel' being the halfway evolution) so it would protect most of the face aswell. It also added a comb to protect from downward swings even more, and cheek plates to catch any blow that would get underneath the lowered side-section, also supplied with a large rim to catch weapons.
GetItemImage

Combed Morion
Hit points: 117
Head armor: 47

Oh my.

Perhaps a visored sallet, a helmet protecting everything but the chin and throat from incoming blows, for which they usually had a bevor to protect that attached to their breastplates?
GetItemImage

Visored Sallet
Hit points: 120
Head armor: 56

Hmmmm. It seems we're going back to the 12th century lads, they had better helmets hands down.

I second all of this so much.

Episode 2!

Take a look at this beautiful farming implement. The scythe.
GetItemImage

This scythe is a bit strange though. It has its head refitted not perpendicularly with the shaft, but aligned with it. As a result its thin blade suited for cutting grass is now aligned with the shaft as to serve as a weapon as war instead of as a harvesting and/or grass cutting tool. Now it can be used to slash and stab people to a certain degree, but due to the extremely thin blade it will be only marginally effective against people using any form of armour. Nevertheless, it has a long range and will be more than suited to deliver painfully long gashes on unarmoured foes, and even though the design of the weapon is not suited for it and the 'false edge' is not sharp, you can still, with some effort, effectively skewer someone with it. Yes, for a poor peasant, a decent tool of war.

Now let us take a look at this sword.
GetItemImage

This is a sophisticated tool designed for combat, with a long, slender and rigid blade, finishing in an acute point. It has a diamond-shaped profile which decreased the pure slicing ability slightly but increases the hacking power of the weapon, along with a slightly duller edge to combat armoured opponents as increasingly present on the battlefield  more effectively. The point is perhaps even diamond in profile to add additional strenght and rigidity when stabbing, allowing one to gather as much penetration as possible when stabbing at a foe. It has a sophisticated crossbar and pummel to completely balance the blade so it is both light in the hand as strong in its swings. The crossbar also allows one to execute countless different techniques!

Now let us compare the improvized farming implement and our extremely expensive sword of war in stats.

Scythe
Reach: 202
Swing: 34 cut
Unbalanced

Italian Sword
Reach: 98
Thrust: 19 pierce
Swing: 24 cut

But apparently, all I just said is nonsensical. After reevaluating the true effectiveness of both weapons, we must conclude that the sword is an improvised weapon, as it deals roughly 50% less damage when swung, and 50% less damage when stabbed.

I must correct my earlier statements. The previously faultily described sword is a farming implement used to dig holes. The acute point is perfectly suited to break through hard, yes even frozen ground, and the strenght of the diamond-shaped blade allows you to use the power of leverage to lift away heavy rocks you might encounter inside the ground. The edges are sharpened to cut through any roots one might encounter, although the shape and light weight of the tool make it quite an arduous affair to cut the thicker ones within a few hours time. The crossbar and pummel on the tool are there to protect the hand from harm and to create an even better basis to perform the leverage technique with when lifting stones stuck in the ground, truly an ingenious addition to this peasant tool.

The scythe is a weapon designed for war. Yes, its greatness is recognized by even the great medieval fighting instructors, who went as far as to write a book about fighting with them! You will never find a fechtbucher talking about swords though, except perhaps the one freak author who had the strange hobby of fighting with swords, pfrrr!
images
The long and slender blight was purposely made light and of mithril steel so it could cut through most metal defences with ease, while the tip was left strangely bent on purpose. It is meant to offset the opponent, so one may stab from weird angles and deliver lethal dragging cuts that can sever limbs with ease. The blunt backside of the blade is left like that to counter the extreme hardness of the sharp edge, a practice also found in katana swords, as the extremely hardness and sharpness of the other end requires a great amount of flexible and softer steel to ensure the weapon does not break. Yes, the hardness of the edge indeed allows the sword to be sharpened untill the edhge consists of but a single atom! Truly, a device so lethal, the Pope repeatedly attempted to ban it from warfare against fellow Christians, due to the incredible loss of life every battle caused.

Every one-handed weapon is still a joke. I created, just to test, a character with 10 powerstrike and went on to use a heirloomed one-handed sword. It took me 4 stabs to kill a leather armoured person, and despite the overkill (25 cutting damage + Any present speed bonus + 80% additional damage) I only managed to kill unarmoured people in a single hit when their own speed got them killed as they ran into my sword quite literally. The one-handed maces are slmost acceptable, as they interrupt and damage heavy armour about in 50% of their hits. Despite that, they are so ridiculously short and slow it'd be more effective using a ****ing dildo to club your enemies to death as they laugh to death while walking backwards nonstop.

I would like to suggest doing something about the engineering constructs. As of now, imbeciles like someone I won't name right now can just spawn with the kit in siege and put spikes and mounds of dirt all over the attacker entrances, meaning that if there's not 200 players on, the attackers simply cannot enter the castle. There's nothing they can do. When I explained this to them in-game, the response I got was "lol use nades xddd" type of bull**** you can expect from a 8-year-old like that.

In other words, limit areas you can build spikes and other stuff into. It's a very nice concept but is currently abused like mad.

E: Also +5 to Roran. 1h's are kind of a joke really.

SkyTime said:
I would like to suggest doing something about the engineering constructs. As of now, imbeciles like someone I won't name right now can just spawn with the kit in siege and put spikes and mounds of dirt all over the attacker entrances, meaning that if there's not 200 players on, the attackers simply cannot enter the castle. There's nothing they can do. When I explained this to them in-game, the response I got was "lol use nades xddd" type of bull**** you can expect from a 8-year-old like that.

'Imbeciles' '8-year old' That sure as heck doesn't help your argument by insulting people that argue with you, nades completely DESTROY any engineering constructs in my experience, and in all cases ingame where 'it was blocked completely' the attacking team had access to them.
Not only that, but 'cannot enter the castle' is simply untrue, you can jump over most contructs, and theres multiple ways you can get inside which weren't blocked at all ingame at the time. The constructs also can be easily destroyed in at tops 10 seconds with like 2-3 people, which doesn't hurt the attacker team at all if they work together(and if its a bunch of them stacked ontop, you only need to destroy the top one to jump over the mounds, unless its a siege shield). You were teamhitting the constructs of your teammate all the time, to the point where one guy on your team started tking you to stop you from being able to do so.

With 1h and bastard swords you do about 0.1% dmg to a siege construction thing per hit, don't know about the rest. A grenade only hits exactly one construction in general, unless you're lucky. Only full agi characters can jump over constructions. Two constructions stacked are a near unsurmountable obstacle.

Seriously I just switched to 2h with my character and holy ****ing ****. I can twoshot plated people where 1h couldn't even scratch them. I'm using a ****ing bastard sword right now, which basically means that by taping a sticker on my sword that says '2h' generates lightsaber abilities?

Roran 13 said:
With 1h and bastard swords you do about 0.1% dmg to a siege construction thing per hit, don't know about the rest. A grenade only hits exactly one construction in general, unless you're lucky. Only full agi characters can jump over constructions. Two constructions stacked are a near unsurmountable obstacle.

Siege constructions have alot more health(if you are talking about map spawned stuff) so yeah, but I was doing like 5% of its health damage to a siege shield earlier(engineer made) with my spiked mace(which is a 1 handed blunt) and I don't have any proficiency in 1handed, I also can easily jump over obstacles with my 18/18 firearms build.

Matt141 said:
SkyTime said:

'Imbeciles' '8-year old' That sure as heck doesn't help your argument by insulting people that argue with you, nades completely DESTROY any engineering constructs in my experience, and in all cases ingame where 'it was blocked completely' the attacking team had access to them.
Not only that, but 'cannot enter the castle' is simply untrue, you can jump over most contructs, and theres multiple ways you can get inside which weren't blocked at all ingame at the time. The constructs also can be easily destroyed in at tops 10 seconds with like 2-3 people, which doesn't hurt the attacker team at all if they work together(and if its a bunch of them stacked ontop, you only need to destroy the top one to jump over the mounds, unless its a siege shield). You were teamhitting the constructs of your teammate all the time, to the point where one guy on your team started tking you to stop you from being able to do so.

Except at the moment I started breaking the crap they were all over the place, except for one ladder that was rather heavily defended. The flag was also blocked so even defenders who spawned on the walls couldn't reach the flag. Oh, and just place two spikes on top of a ladder and bring in someone with a pike or a bow and good luck getting through.

Again you resort to "just use a grenade lol xddd" because that's the only bloody thing you can defend it with. It's a stupid way to abuse construction and there's no way you can defend it without realizing how retarded that is. You simply should not be able to build that **** on ladders and other small entrypoints because it's a huge kick to the face for the attackers. I'm currently trying to find a screenshot of a similar situation from Mercenaries, the mod I used to play before I started BoE that explains my point very well.

E: Couldn't find the screenshot but imagine a doorway with about 200 spikes around it, two guys with pikes, a few great hammers and other crushing weapons and a ****ton of archers and twohanders. Yes, I'm sure that siege was very enjoyable, if you think flinging in grenades that cost god knows what is a suitable argument that completely deals with the problem then you're a complete moron and I don't wish to discuss it with you (actually I don't wish to discuss it with you whatever was the case).

*stuff* (actually I don't wish to discuss it with you whatever was the case)

Names people eight year olds then says that, irony.

Anyway, there was alot more entry points that he did not infact was able to barricade unlike what you are saying, because theres a maximum of 30 build points, and in the case of smallfort, attackers can destroy the walls with cannons making their own ways in.

"flag was also blocked so even defenders who spawned on the walls couldn't reach the flag" Thats a complete lie, not only there are 2 other ways in that weren't caded and the small stone fence you can jump over, you can also jump over spikes with pretty much any build so infact defenders were also able to reach it, as did attackers who won that round

You can't jump over spikes if you're ascending stairs and they're above you, and yes, the flag was in fact blocked until I destroyed the spikes.

You're still completely dodging my main point, fair enough ways around spikes can be made but it's absolutely idiotic to be able to place them on top of stairs, ladders and doorways in the first place. And do pardon me for the insults, they were made in a state of frustration at your completely idiotic responses in-game.

Matt141 said:
*stuff* (actually I don't wish to discuss it with you whatever was the case)

Names people eight year olds then says that, irony.

Anyway, there was alot more entry points that he did not infact was able to barricade unlike what you are saying, because theres a maximum of 30 build points, and in the case of smallfort, attackers can destroy the walls with cannons making their own ways in.

"flag was also blocked so even defenders who spawned on the walls couldn't reach the flag" Thats a complete lie, not only there are 2 other ways in that weren't caded and the small stone fence you can jump over, you can also jump over spikes with pretty much any build so infact defenders were also able to reach it, as did attackers who won that round

Except that most castles are indestructible, and that those who aren't have had them modified so there usually is only a single entry point towards the flag, where you will usually find those spikes being stacked. Additionally, an engineer can just suicide and respawn to get more build points quickly. I have so far never been able to jump over spikes, except from the 'not spiky part'. To add insult to injury, spikes on a staircase are absolutely impossible to jump.

Episode 3

Please devs and any who reads this, do not take this as an insult or whatever. The major point is that I'm playing the mod, and enjoying it enough to adress my main frustrations with the game, hoping to see an even better result in the future. I'm not trying to bad-mouth you with this however that may seem, I just want to indicate issues that irk me and many other players in this manner, since I find it personally more amusing to write than a long technical essay about the same issues.

Let us take a respectable sword blade. Preferrably one out of the 15th-16th century. It is about 80-95cm long, has a diamond-shaped profile and a long and acute point. It is well-balanced, has its point of percussion close to the tip for ideal cutting damage. The edge is slightly duller than in swords of earlier examples, which makes it more suited as a hacking weapon so it will be slightly more effective against armoured targets. The long and acute point is perfectly suited to find gaps in armour and pierce those.

Now, we only need a handle, crossguard and pummel to finish it.

Let's give it a handle for the use for one hand.
GetItemImage

Side Sword

Looks like a decent weapon. However, I still have this other handle lying about, suited for hand-and-a-half use.

GetItemImage

Longsword
Hit points: 2470
Reach: 106
Weight: 1.4
Speed: 98
Thrust: 27 pierce
Swing: 32 cut

Hmmm. I think I'll go for the latter one, after a moment of thought. I wonder why it wasn't obvious to me that using a longer handle made my sword faster to use, almost 50% better in stabbing attacks, and significantly stronger when swinging it. Yes, that sounds about perfect, doesn't it!? How could I have known that a longer handle, wether it be used in one hand or two later on, would add a magical unobtainium edge to the sword that allows it to cut through metal with ease!

Actually, I don't like this blade. It should be more oriented towards stabbing. I want a long, narrow and slender light blade that is flexible but still rigid enough to maintain penetration and defend myself with. I wan an estoc. Now, I'll add a cutting edge so I can still execute draw cuts and perform light slashing attacks with it.

GetItemImage

Estoc
Hit points: 2480
Reach: 119
Weight: 1.6
Speed: 98
Swing: 27 cut

Hmmm! Doesn't that look superb! Thanks to my prominition to add a longer handle to it, my edge also received the unobtainium layer of metal to the edges, allowing me to outperform for example this ordinary 14th century longsword with a shorter, clearly inferior handle!
GetItemImage

Simple Long Sword
Reach: 102
Speed: 94
Thrust: 18 pierce
Swing: 23 cut

Yes! Bow for my magical estoc, sword-armed peasant! Your so-called 'sword designed for warfare' can't even beat a scythe in damage! Shoo, peasant!

Actually, I' m more of a brutal type. Screw the fancy estoc and those pricks wielding it, I need pure force. I want a nice crushing weapon. For me, a sturdy, thick and heavy wooden stick!
GetItemImage

Wooden Stick
Hit points: 1225
Reach: 62
Weight: 0.5
Speed: 101
Swing: 16 blunt
Unbalanced
Knockdown

Yeah! That's more like it! However, perfhaps I should make a larger and harder club instead. This branch might be awe-inspiring, but nothing hits as hard as a good wooden club.
GetItemImage

Club
Hit points: 1225
Reach: 55
Weight: 0.5
Speed: 99
Swing: 18 blunt
Unbalanced
Knockdown

Hrmmm. Nice. I can already imagine my enemies fleeing from the field. Oh! But wait! I forgot an essential element to my fantastic wooden club! I need to add a longer handle as to suggest the possibility of wielding it in two hands! That way I add that layer of whatever-metal to it and make my club stronger!

GetItemImage

Cudgel
Hit points: 1240
Reach: 62
Weight: 0.8
Speed: 96
Swing: 29 blunt
Unbalanced
Knockdown

Yeah, that's much better. Those dumb fools who believe that their fancy metal maces inflict harm are mad in the head! They should learn to put on longer handles like me! Look at this dead fools' mace for example!

GetItemImage

Knobbed Mace
Reach: 58
Swing: 27 blunt
Unbalanced
Knockdown

Clearly inferior.

Now that I see that mace, I must admit I like hammers more. I shall have myself a hammer fashioned. A good warhammer with a blunt and a piercing end, and a point for stabbing. That will be perfect! I can hook enemies with it, I can club them with it, stab them with it, pierce them with it! Perfect! Nothing will be able to stop me!
GetItemImage

War Hammer
Swing: 24 blunt
Unbalanced
Knockdown

Doesn't it look absolutely murderous on its own already? I thought as mu- OH SNAP! I almost went to war with it without increasing the lenght of my handle again! There, much better!

GetItemImage

Warhammer
Hit points: 1870
Reach: 76
Weight: 1.4
Speed: 91
Thrust: 27 pierce
Swing: 37 blunt
Unbalanced
Knockdown

Can't you see the difference! The longer handle added more than 50% of pure bad-ass crushing power, aswell as a significant boost in penetrating strenght! NOW it is a true warrior's weapon!

Hmmm. I'm actually more of the assassin kind of guy. That requires a dagger, a knife of sorts. It's sad that I cannot add a longer handle though, but I'll have to deal with that. Hmmm. I'm looking for a dagger that's perfectly suited for stabbing, but that retains a decent amount of cutting power to slice tsome good throats... AHA PERFECT!

GetItemImage

Knife
Hit points: 1820
Reach: 40
Weight: 0.4
Speed: 104
Thrust: 17 pierce
Slot: Left stomach

This kitchen knife I found in my drawer is what I've been looking for! It's perhaps a bit weak on the stabbing side, but look how insanely sharp the edge is! It cuts as deep as any knight's sword for sure! It is a bit short though...

GetItemImage

Long Dagger
Hit points: 2420
Reach: 47
Weight: 0.4
Speed: 106
Slot: Left stomach

PERFECT! It's longer, has more stabbing damage, and still cuts just as deep as a real sword without a long handle! Man, I will definately be using this dagger for a looooong time! Suck on that, knightly arming swords!
GetItemImage

Crusader Sword
Hit points: 2465
Reach: 98
Weight: 1.3
Speed: 93
Thrust: 22 pierce
Swing: 23 cut

Summary:
20jqmi1.jpg

Being an avid archer here, I'm just going to go with couple things. (Not sure if these should be on balancing or suggestions, but balls to it).

1. Reducing arrow drop. While some might agree that the current arrow drop is more realistic than what normal warband uses, it also makes bows inferior to anything else. Sure, it shoots faster than crossbows or arquebus's. But when you have to aim about man's length above enemy who is 30 meters away, hitting anything just became that much harder. If you go further than that, hitting anything is full luck.

2. Reticle. The current reticle is SMALL. Too small. When trying to aim towards any bright background, you can't see the reticle at all, making every shot purely guessing. So what I'd go here, is making the reticle back to Native one.

3. Different arrows. This one's a bit more complicated. What I mean here, is that when you are shooting with bow, you want to conserve your arrows. Chances are, you are being shot back with enemy arrows. But wait, he's using barbed, while you have bodkins? Should you try to pick up even one of said barbed arrows to add to your bodkin arrows, you lose ALL of your arrows. Instead of gaining one extra arrow, you suddenly have none. Not to mention they are nowhere to be found on the ground. So I suppose this one's more of a bug (I hope that's a bug and not a feature), than balance thing. But I can't be arsed to make another post for it.

Back
Top Bottom