Balance Issues Complaint Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

CSerena

Recruit
Here Got tired of seeing people whine and cry in game so here slap ya complaints in this fashion in this thread.

Format

[size=14pt]Issue:

Possible Solution:

Screens/Video Proof:
[/size]

Thanks Cam"

Issue: Polearm Spam

They Swing extremely quickly while long swords and short swords excluding daggers cant out-swing them they just seem a little too hard to counter.

Possible Solution:  Slow Down the swing speed so you can counter

Screens/Video Proof: None

Suggestion should be reserved for new features or feature changes, getting a thread dedicated to balance seems better.

Issue: One handed

One handed weapons are too slow or do not deal enough damage.

Possible Solution: Buff 1h.

Screens/Video Proof: wut ?

romicus said:
You know there is a suggestion thread?

No one else seems too so maybye this will get a bit of attention and the whine-train about hand grenades in game will calm down hopefully

Issue:
      One handed weapons are truly bad. Everyone has a ranged (xbows are most common) weapon in the mod, hence shield is pretty much mandatory. Yet every single one handed weapon is completely rubbish. I tend to play with shield a lot, afterall it gives a chance to fight multiple enemies and get cover from projectiles. Now say I want to make a quite fast shielder; I buy couple of different melee weapons Scimitar (96 reach, 93 speed, 28 cut dmg sideswing, 24 CUT dmg stab) and Flagged mace (88 speed, 27 blunt dmg, BUT 52 range).
            Now let's compare those to bastard swords: Repent sword (105 reach, 99 speed, 28 pierce thrust, 28 cut slash) and Spiked mace (70 reach, 87 speed, 40 blunt dmg). This same form continues with normal two handed weapons (them being a strong, not as strong than half handers). As we all know bastards can be used with shield (even tho it sucks). Putting the shield away before fight and using 2 handed weapon makes a lot more sense than using 1h that is slow and does no damage at all. Obviously now I'm assuming that the player can block etc.
    One handers now are unused, they have no proper place in any build as two handers are simply more effective.

Possible Solution:
    Buff 1h speed, maybe a bit of damage even.

Screens/Video Proof:
    No need, it's obvious, just look at the stats.

Now I know this has been somewhat suggested earlier, yet I wanted to make a more specified one.

Issue: Team Balance.

Possible solution: Remove team selection and make it either a simple "join" button or just put new players into appropriate team automatically.

Screen: -

Sniger said:

Possible solution: Remove team selection and make it either a simple "join" button or just put new players into appropriate team automatically.

I think players should be able to choose a team, or at least try to. At the moment you can join the winning team which make most round unbalanced as people want to win. We should restrict team choosing a little more and make auto-balance work more often.

PS: 1h buff inc

Issue: difference between crossbows and firearms
Possible sollution: For now crossbows are reloading too slow and are almost the same as firearms, while firearms are (maybe) just as accurate as crossbows. I suggest making crossbows and bows and fast, low damage ranged weapon, while firearms slow, one-shot weapon (unless you have metal armour of some sort).

PS: nerf blunt damage weps. It kinda ruins fun for me when i have 40b weapon for low price, which can one-shot starters.

thats the thing - blunt ignores armour. So its bassicly 40 flat damage, no matter what armmour you have. Thats why 40b is so much, and kinda unfair to be sold for low price.

GuiKa said:
Sniger said:

I think players should be able to choose a team, or at least try to. At the moment you can join the winning team which make most round unbalanced as people want to win. We should restrict team choosing a little more and make auto-balance work more often.

PS: 1h buff inc

OK i just waited ages for some more to join (im currently only one online) then some dude join the server... BUT HE FRIKKIN JOIN THE SAME TEAM AS ME. lol... when i TK us both with a nade and change to the other team, he quit. So i guess he wanted us both to just run around and leech without playing.

I actually ran around with a guy from opposite team, as he was practising art of artillary with no problems, while i - being in enemy team - just standed next to him, harmlessly. (and when the next round came we just started to play normaly and i found out a way how to grind s*ittons of money)

Issue: Grenades being pretty ridiculous

Possible Solution: Remove them from mod

Screens/Video Proof:

Lemon3 said:
Issue: Grenades being pretty ridiculous

Possible Solution: Remove them from mod

Screens/Video Proof:

We've nerf grenade hard this patch while waiting for the next one.

These are supposed to get a fuse time to be balanced in the mod, this should be fun and not op.
But a new grenade system take time to develop so we gotta wait.

Horses being clumsy monstertrucks taking ages to speed up slows down and turn plus claiming mod is as realistic as possible simply doesnt go together, same for them having extremely low hp and armour even if fully armoured, so that a guy in leather takes as much hits to kill as plate armoured horse.

So no realism there, not even as much realism as possible with warband engine.

There are mods that make horses really clumsy but they at least compensate for it with high hp and armour, here they basically have nothing.

Just to demontrate this is the level of horse maneuverability of a gerdarme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzszMjsTAv4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOyvimZuF5o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Rhd6zLzV8

(and no having all armour on you and your horse wont make you into barely moving monster, its effects are exponentially lower, than that of full plate armour on man on foot vs unarmoured one.)

Compare it to princess riding a pony for like 5th time, then play a game and judge for yourself, which level of horsemanship youd expect from a warrior and what maneuverability youd expect from your warhorse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gc7A6nfJn4

(Yeah, well little girl is still better off in turns as cavalry in this mod in its current status.)

Naked agi whores with Flamberges and agi whores with heavy armor are quicker than a normal archer build. You need to put STR restrictions on armor and weapons now ! People are abusing this system and its getting boring quick.

*One handed weapons need a speed buff. They definitely should not be slower than two handed weapons. Difference should be about the same as it is in vanilla.

*You should definitely obliterate any and all horse archers in full plate on a charger. That's just beyond ridiculous

*There should be a big upkeep penalty or something for people in full plate or half plate or transitional plate wielding a 1h weapon and a shield as well as a gun/crossbow. Too unrealistic and it minimizes the diversity of roles in the mod.

*range of arquebuses and especially handcannons should be massively decreased. and damage done by arquebuses at long range should be notably smaller. (at least to armored targets)

*Longbows should be more expensive and should require more skill to be used effectively, but should have range superior to all other weapons in the mod, and stopping power only inferior to muskets. I also propose you give them 14 arrows instead of 24.

I edited this quote with numbers
YourStepDad said:
1 *You should definitely obliterate any and all horse archers in full plate on a charger. That's just beyond ridiculous

2 *There should be a big upkeep penalty or something for people in full plate or half plate or transitional plate wielding a 1h weapon and a shield as well as a gun/crossbow. Too unrealistic and it minimizes the diversity of roles in the mod.

3 *range of arquebuses and especially handcannons should be massively decreased. and damage done by arquebuses at long range should be notably smaller. (at least to armored targets)

4 *Longbows should be more expensive and should require more skill to be used effectively, but should have range superior to all other weapons in the mod, and stopping power only inferior to muskets. I also propose you give them 14 arrows instead of 24.
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Legnica history is not in favor of your argument.
2. Upkeep is already high
3. Range? No. Accuracy and damage? For realism, maybe.
4. Their range is already pretty good, my problem with bows is people aren't exactly in formation to be hit by them.

Back
Top Bottom