Bad immersiveness for bandit playthrough

Users who are viewing this thread

if based on the current bannerlord, I think they can add something called "infamy" which is basically the bandit counterpart of influence. You could spend the infamy to have other bandits to join your army. So by the time you grow stronger, you will constantly leading a larger army but with with lower troop quality and morale. So formation and morale management is now more relevant. And when you have high infamy some bandits will hear your deed, and begin to beg to join you. This now plays way more like a very charismatic legendary bandit leader I suppose.

Also taking over and perhaps improving hideouts is highly needed. Bandit converting to reg troops also needs a rework.
Things i want to see to improve a bandit PT
Faster ways to increase your roguery skills
a infamy / dread score should be possible for all characters. this would be used to attract other bandits to follow you. With high infmay/dread Honorable nobles would want nothing to do with you, dishonorable nobles would seek you out to do issues for them.
You should be able to take over hide outs by killing the gang leader in a duel.
You should be able to take over street gangs for passive income (protection money) same as traders use workshops
Now and then you have to defend against other gangs trying to take over, now and then you are challenged to a duel for leadership of the gang.
You should be able to recruit bandits from gang leaders.
Looting a village should be more rewarding
Your hide outs /street gang combo should be able to sell stolen wares.

If you after a long time want to take over cities and start a proper kingdom, then positive relations with nobles is almost impossible. I suggest that a dread score would also work to make nobles join you and stay.

I wish there would be:
  • Hidden gang encampments with NPCs (selling off slaves, smuggling stuff, receiving bandit related quests like attacking caravan, delivering weapons etc.).
  • Bandit taverns (or hideouts) in the cities where you as a player with enough infamy can go and do above mentioned things.
  • Bandit related property like buying brothels, fighting pits, slave trade buildings, smuggling ports
  • Bandit wanderers
  • Several gangs with rivalries and some agenda quests

Looting villages should at least as profitable and as quickly as raiding the villager parties. Obviously the villages are better defended, and a small period of time to run through and ransack the village is warranted, but the current day to raid one unit of grain is ridiculous and I don't even want to bother except for the xp and loot from the initial battle. Looting the defenders is the only thing that's worth my attention...the village-looting system is broken as far as loot goes, in my view.

if based on the current bannerlord, I think they can add something called "infamy" which is basically the bandit counterpart of influence. You could spend the infamy to have other bandits to join your army. So by the time you grow stronger, you will constantly leading a larger army but with with lower troop quality and morale. So formation and morale management is now more relevant. And when you have high infamy some bandits will hear your deed, and begin to beg to join you. This now plays way more like a very charismatic legendary bandit leader I suppose.

Also taking over and perhaps improving hideouts is highly needed. Bandit converting to reg troops also needs a rework.
I'd buy that. I'd pay for mod which did this.

Out of curiosity, how would Infamy work differently than the current systems of Criminal Rating and negative Character Traits? Also, would the system work with these, or replace them at least partially?

Is there a reason honour level and Criminal rating couldn't perform this function?

Out of curiosity, how would Infamy work differently than the current systems of Criminal Rating and negative Character Traits? Also, would the system work with these, or replace them at least partially?

Is there a reason honour level and Criminal rating couldn't perform this function?
you are right, these systems could be used for this. There should also be benefits for a high criminal rating and low honor level.

a infamy or dread level could help with the execution function. possible a morale debuff on the battle field.and Lords not daring to leave your kingdom. This level should go up and down. If your kingdom is based on fear you should keep them fearing. It would be better if this can be worked in with the current systems.

Perhaps a combination of Renown, Honour, and Criminal Rating could account for Infamy then?

Negative Honour and Criminal Rating would be enough to qualify, and then Renown could quantify it. So you could be infamous, but of course no one knows who you are so only that infamous. But to be truly infamous, you also need people to know who you are, which is measured by the Renown system.

There are no immerson for bandit playthrough,
Honestly you can't play as a bandit at all in this game. Can you raid villages and caravans sure, but lords do that often. We can recruit bandit units but so can lords. You can press gang villagers into service but so can a lord. So what else can you do as a "bandit" that a lord can't? There's no criminal element we can deal or trade with. There's no hideouts or home base we can take over or use as a bandit. There's no intimidation or running "protection" rackets in towns. If you want to sell loot you have to stay neutral or friendly to at least 1 faction. Why roguery is even in this game I honestly don't know. Imho it's just a waste of time and resources.

Honestly you can't play as a bandit at all in this game. Can you raid villages and caravans sure, but lords do that often. We can recruit bandit units but so can lords. You can press gang villagers into service but so can a lord. So what else can you do as a "bandit" that a lord can't? There's no criminal element we can deal or trade with. There's no hideouts or home base we can take over or use as a bandit. There's no intimidation or running "protection" rackets in towns. If you want to sell loot you have to stay neutral or friendly to at least 1 faction. Why roguery is even in this game I honestly don't know. Imho it's just a waste of time and resources.
There are a lot of features still not implemented, and devs working on other priorities at the moment. I don't think I'd wave the white flag on this one just yet.

They obviously had more plans for banditry and dropped it completely along the way.

Why else would we be able to pick fights with bandit lords in settlements that do nothing more than raising relations with his/her "rival"?

Also, I'm butthurt they decided having as many bandits as you could in your party (old scrapped perk where bandits never left your party) wasn't a good idea. It's like TW opposes fun in their game.

I also expected we would be able to do more things by breaking into cities. They plan to eventually get the "lord rescue" missions back, but why not implementing kidnapping lords? Why not implementing sabotaging walls/gates before a siege?

They obviously had more plans for banditry and dropped it completely along the way.

Why else would we be able to pick fights with bandit lords in settlements that do nothing more than raising relations with his/her "rival"?

Also, I'm butthurt they decided having as many bandits as you could in your party (old scrapped perk where bandits never left your party) wasn't a good idea. It's like TW opposes fun in their game.

I also expected we would be able to do more things by breaking into cities. They plan to eventually get the "lord rescue" missions back, but why not implementing kidnapping lords? Why not implementing sabotaging walls/gates before a siege?
I think we're roughly halfway to version 2.0.0 -- I wouldn't call development complete and all said and done just yet.

Back
Top Bottom