Bad gateway error

Users who are viewing this thread

It's loading fine for me currently.

From what you're saying, the page loaded for you, but there was a "bad gateway" error covering much of it? Where? What did it even look like if it was somehow covering an otherwise working page? Or was it just a full error page with nothing else, rather than an error on top of an otherwise normal forum page?

EDIT:
Unlikely at this point, but a screenshot would be helpful. And it was specifically only that page, no others? The forum software doesn't have any error logged for it, unfortunately.

Others in the thread are reporting the same thing. The page is not loading, there's just an error page. The previous and the next pages in the thread are fine, only page 15 is censored by the powers that be.
Here's my error page (missing just the Taleworlds logo heading):

Bad gateway​

The web server reported a bad gateway error.

• Ray ID: 631bef8e9843176a
  • Your IP address: 84.52.X.Y
  • Error reference number: 502
  • Cloudflare Location: Frankfurt

Last edited:
Quite strange. That page loads fine for me on my main account here. However, now trying with my test account, I'm also receiving that error.

Investigating further.

OK, I managed to narrow the problem down to the PHP child process which is handling that page load for certain users crashing and being reloaded, for whatever reason.
I went ahead and updated PHP on the server, and the error seems to be taken care of, fingers crossed. It seems to have been an odd PHP bug fixed by that update.

Back
Top Bottom