backup weapon

Users who are viewing this thread

tommylaw

Grandmaster Knight
is it a bit weird that i always keep a dagger on one of my four slots, even though i know i wont use it, and the only reason i wear those white gloves is because they match my armour?

does anyone else wield stuff for the sake of matching clothes?

last question: have you any suggestion for what armur can be worn that offers good protection but still allows the wearer to maintain a gentlemanly air?

I wear lady's clothing so I can laugh at Swadian scum when they are killed by a transvestite.

I usually have two loadouts depending on weather I Want to deal with ranged combat or not

Melee:

Sword or axe
Shield
2h Sword or Axe
Spear

I'll keep a club or mace in my inventory in case I ever want to take prisoners.

I figure Ill kep the shield until it breaks and then switch to teh 2h weapon.  The spear is for horseback fighting.

Archer

Club or mace
Shield
Bow or Gun
Ammo

No real backup weapon on teh archer unless you count the melee weapon as the backup.  SOmetimes I forgo the shielf in favor of more ammo.

for a while i used a pistol instead of my double barreled caliver, even though its much weaker and so innacurrate that its basically useless unless theyre so close that you wont get a chance to reload, and it NEVER kills in 1 shot unless your target is a peasent.

why did i switch to it, you ask?

mainly because i like the *swip* noise it makes when you draw it, lol.

that, and i though it was kind of silly looking for my guy to reload his rifle thats as long as he is tall with the same animation as reloading the pistol while galloping around on a horse, and also all the other kaiserlicher generals had pistols and sabers.

also, i use kaiserlicher officer armor, which is actually inferior to regular kaiserlicher armor (which guards where) in every way (heavier, AND weaker), because it makes me look like the other Kaiserlicher generals.

Marrik said:
for a while i used a pistol instead of my double barreled caliver, even though its much weaker and so innacurrate that its basically useless unless theyre so close that you wont get a chance to reload, and it NEVER kills in 1 shot unless your target is a peasent.

I don't find that to be very accurate :wink:.  I lowered the damage on old flinty, but I can still occasionally get 1-hitters on the most heavily armored tin-cans in the game, and ALWAYS if I shoot them in the head.

Marrik said:
also, i use kaiserlicher officer armor, which is actually inferior to regular kaiserlicher armor (which guards where) in every way (heavier, AND weaker), because it makes me look like the other Kaiserlicher generals.

You have got to be kidding me. Kaiserlicher officer armor is heavier, but has better defence for both, legs and chest UNLESS YOU ARE USING A DEGRADED VERSION of said armor, like rusty broken, shattered or whatever the **** its called. People PLEASE, look at what you're posting before hitting the submit button.

But true. It only makes sense that an army's general's armor would be of better quality than the soldiers they're fielding.

Right now
My character is a Mercenary for Hire, so his Armour isn't that great (but it sure does look snazzy)
As for a secondary weapon
I usually have a flintlock pistol, in case i can't reload in time,plus the pistol's damage is alright and can kill most things in 1-3 hits (which is generally all is needed if you archers and gunmen have been raining fire down at them) so my load out would be something like this

Sword
Calviar
Flintlock Pistol
Large bag of cartridges

And that's about it

Back
Top Bottom