[B]Warband minimod - Reworked Armors 1.6 [OSP]

Users who are viewing this thread

Knil said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
I've made the normalmap for it. I haven't tested it, but I think it'll serve.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R5PIC28A

I hope it helps.

Do I need to set up something so the game reads the normal map and uses it or just putting it in the texture folder it will work?

You need to modify material brf. file. I tried to do it, but I got CTD.

LDKsoldier said:
Knil said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
I've made the normalmap for it. I haven't tested it, but I think it'll serve.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R5PIC28A

I hope it helps.

Do I need to set up something so the game reads the normal map and uses it or just putting it in the texture folder it will work?

You need to modify material brf. file. I tried to do it, but I get CTD.

Ok, thanks for the reply I'll see if I have any better luck.

if you want suggestions how to improve the armor I guess you could rework the legs, it still looks weird with the new graphics, but that really is the standard legs. Hope that in the next versions they rework that aswell as other stuff.

BTW, good work :smile:

lol, great work.

I just think it's funny that one of the most common armor types you see in native is the one that is hands down ugliest :razz: Now it's fixed :razz:

i hate to think that i'll need to reinstall all of these aewsome little patches every time a new version come out.

Excellent work, and something which was very much needed! I've always wondered why they didn't bother to redo some of the old armour and weapons, because they clash quite badly with many of the new textures.

Thankyou! This is infinitely better than the original.
I can't believe the old one made it to Warband.

Adorno said:
LDKsoldier said:
... maybe can you post any example of an un-detailed armor?
This shirt has a very plain and flat texture. Would be great if it could be updated to something more cloth-like:  :smile:

Is this ugly thing in Warband? I thought that the nomad armor was the only un-detailed cloth in Warband... I was wrong. Will see what I can do with it. Thanks!

A suggestion from a fellow texturer:

Reduce the opacity of the cloth texture and the belt a tad.
In my opinion, it stands out too much, too much contrast.

Besides that, the fur is excellent.  :smile:

Elric_de_Melnibone said:
A suggestion from a fellow texturer:

Reduce the opacity of the cloth texture and the belt a tad.
In my opinion, it stands out too much, too much contrast.

Besides that, the fur is excellent.  :smile:

Thanks for the advice, when I will rework an other armor, I will reduce a bit the contrast of this nomad armor.

Titanshoe said:
Pejot said:
i think that you could rework full plate if you want cause to me it looks like plastic.

I think they changed it in warband (ARe you taking about the plate that was in M&B?) If not I think it looks fine.

Only metal things I think could use an update is probably something like the Steel Shield. Soupy, blury textures that look unchanged from DX7 and DX9.

Back
Top Bottom