[B] TEatRC Warband 1.134

Users who are viewing this thread

Really awesome, I will love to play some battles with the new WB stuff (The new animations seems awesome for me, they are really fluid, contrary with the old ones)

In a couple of days I will buy WB to play with this mod

Thanks!

How about adding in new open source anims like that one where the crossbowman turns around and bends down to reload his X-Bow?

I tried playing some multiplayer on TEATRC but onfortunately noone else joined me :sad: Had a fun time playing with the bots though. Love how it possible to get the uber weapons  :mrgreen: swadian super lance FTW! (made it super easy to gain money to get that one, wasnt that awesome playing with the bots)

Ok... someone needs to put up a dedicated server for this module...  I played just a little bit with the multiplayer and it was the most fun I've had in warband multiplayer ever.  Unfortunatly I only have the one computer or I'd keep the server up myself. So so so much fun though. 

How many people could a person hosting a server off of their computer hold? I'm guessing not too many, but even 1vs1 army battles would be fun.

Is it possible to "host" a server when sleeping or being at school etc by just staying in game being afk? That way it could be possible that there was a TEARC "server" for people to play on. Its not requred that one has the steam anti cheat thing right? (I dont have the steam version)

Diavolo said:
Is it possible to "host" a server when sleeping or being at school etc by just staying in game being afk? That way it could be possible that there was a TEARC "server" for people to play on. Its not requred that one has the steam anti cheat thing right? (I dont have the steam version)

I don't have the steam version either, but since we're both on, would you like to shoot up a server and I'll join you on it, I'm on a laptop so I'm not sure if I would be the best host. 

Also when playing online, picking up a nomad bow from a dead enemy as a soldier from the Halamar Union caused the game to crash... well more accurately picking up the bow, and a quiver of arrows and trying to shoot an arrow caused the game to crash. 

I'm kind of waiting for the singleplayer patch 1.12x or something to continue adding more stuff.
The OSP animations are already implemented (mostly) in my test version, and usually work.
Other than that, I've also made it possible to recruit town troops from the original defeated factions in towns you own, as some people have been complaining about the difficulty of starting your own kingdom and somebody else wanted mercenaries from defeated factions. Although it needs more testing. They'll show up and displace the regular mercenaries, if the faction is defeated and you own the town, or if you took over a town that the AI took first, the original faction still exists, and you're at peace with 10+ relation with them.

Multiplayer testing is always good. As I've mentioned before, I spent more time beating up bots than actually porting, since I did the items before the troops. The uniques are tossed in as a bonus, I've upped the amount of gold you can have (to 25000), otherwise you won't be able to afford uniques (which are ~15000) and armor at the same time.

About the death-cam and stuff, it appears that try_for_agents, which cycles through everybody on the battlefield, does not work as it did in the previous versions. So the camera won't lock on to anybody when you die, so we'll have to wait for the original coder to port it to Warband.

The prisoner escape bug should be from Native. It'll probably be fixed with the next patch. On the other hand, I've given the sneaking in better equipment (iron staff and darts instead of practice staff and throwing daggers), but the guards are now tougher. So have fun playing the next version, whenever it gets released with Silver Wolf's lods that I'll dig up from the other post.

I have no idea about the pickup bug. All the arrows and the nomad bow are defined for multiplayer. Are you playing as a respawned bot, or as an actual player class? Some of the bots have no weapon proficiency defined for weapons like bows, so it might crash? See if the error is replicable, or a one-off memory leak or something.

Great update Somebody! Im currently DLing the dedicated server file, and I'll see if I can make it work. I have a laptop though, so its not the best if I host but its a pretty decent laptop (guess it would cost about 800-900 euros in the shop now) so it wont be that bad. Besides Im getting a beast of a stationary in about a month, so if this hosting thing is going well, I could be hosting well with that then.

As far as I know, you need a server-boxy thing to run a dedicated server and you can't do anything else on it... except host the server. That's what we (the dead Taleworlds TF2 thingy) came to a conclusion on Steam chat.

Seeing as how everybody's loving multiplayer so far, how about some graphical genius make some flags and modify some textures for the multiplayer kingdom shields and flags? Right now, they're either absent or borrow from those of other factions. I've added placeholders in module_meshes.py, but without the proper models they're pointless. The texture to be modified is banners_kingdoms.dds, which coincidentally has room for 8 banners, and you can see the models that use this texture in banners.brf under banner_kingdom_a through f, and ui_kingdom_shield_1 through 6 at the bottom of the brf. If you want to, you can create unique flags for CTF, but that's up to you. Any takers?

Ok, I think I have managed to create a server and set it up using this guide: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,113653.0.html I have managed to get it to pop up for me in the servers list when running M&B and I have played a bit with some bots without anyone showing up unfortunately.

Hopefully I have managed to make this work so it pops up in the list of others too, because if I have then we are about to start and adventure of TEATRC MP action!  :mrgreen: oh yea! Anyway, gotta sleep now which means I will turn off the server (comp is making too much noise for me to sleep and the comp is right next to my bed) but tomorrow I'll see if I can keep it on long enugh to know if this works properly.

On the faction flags and banners, I noticed that too. Using native flags makes it hard to know who is actually leading in score.

Thanks for the port guys. This has been my favorite mod for a long time. And when Warband came out, I said to myself: I gotta get it! Then I thought: Wow no Eagle and Radiant Cross. Not worth it. But I pre ordered it and now this is ported. This totally made my day. Thanks again for the port!

I checked out the Warband mods subforum and there isn't a TEATRC Topic, so maybe it is a good idea to post this release in the Warband mods subforum, because there is a lot of people that doesn't know the release of this port (I include myself).

Maybe with that you will receive a lot of feedback, and a linked subforum to this subforum :wink:

Greetings.

Nope, there isn't a topic for TEATRC in the Caravanserai yet. I'm waiting for the next version (1.114) to come out before porting it. I'd also like some people to do some multiplayer testing for balance in the meantime, and get those missing/mismatching multiplayer shield/banners up before releasing it. Otherwise there will be lots of complaints/confusions, etc and negative feedback that will turn off people who've never played teatrc before. Think of this version right now as the beta, and the eventual post/board in the Caravanserai as the final, polished version. I've added random features in the meantime, and hopefully the single-player aspect will also be polished by then, with proper lady names, encounter pictures (right now they use peasant/townsman tax rebellion pics), and so forth.

Back
Top Bottom