[B] SoundRound-ing

Users who are viewing this thread

This is so freakin' awsome. I have no idea where you got those sounds or where you've recorded them, but, hell, it's a piece of proffessional musterpiecefull work.

And it's good for me as I allways turn music off. :smile:

P.S.:
Some sounds are from "Stronghold", eh?

@ Kovas
vqletz.jpg

trueten said:
I have no idea where you got those sounds or where you've recorded them, but, hell, it's a piece of proffessional musterpiecefull work.
About sources, I've never played and don't know "Stronghold" game. I've deeply edited & mixed every sfx I got.

z20c7.jpg

But let me unveil a little trick about my work, that could help others M&B sound designers :smile: :

SCA-like show events are safe and fun, no fear no wound nor will to really hurt opponments. It cannot transcribe authentic rage or stress

So I confess I've demuxed and sampled audio from few YouTube videos. Precisely video about hooligans.
-> I have no empathy with these stupid brutes. But I have to admit, the way they fight might be -for nowdays- the closest representation of how medieval massive melee would sound. (Except weapon and casualty hopefully)

This is most excellent! Thoroughly enjoying the added immersion in Warband now. A question though; is it possible to tie a particular sound track to one particular scene?

Maybe with flags (header_music.py), maybe with script.
But I can't yet say, could you expound your idea please ?

Well, if we had a specific longship map for a Vikingr(!) multiplayer module, would it be possible to tie SRing_travel_nord to the map specifically?

#  ("SRing_fight_1", "SRing_fight_1.ogg", mtf_module_track|mtf_sit_fight|mtf_sit_multiplayer_fight, 0),
#  ("SRing_fight_2", "SRing_fight_2.ogg", mtf_module_track|mtf_sit_fight|mtf_sit_multiplayer_fight, 0),
#  ("SRing_fight_3", "SRing_fight_3.ogg", mtf_module_track|mtf_sit_fight|mtf_sit_multiplayer_fight, 0),
    ("Vikingr_longship_map", "SRing_travel_nord.ogg", mtf_module_track|mtf_sit_multiplayer_fight, 0),
...but every MP maps from your mod will only play that soundtrack.  :???:
If you want to keep default MP (for commons MP maps) and add a new one to this specific map, then I would suggest you to investigate this point (3.2. Tips for coders)

Sure I should send this link earlier within my previous message, but I was curious  :razz:
If you succed to tie specific soundtrack with specific map : Please PM me screenshots (of the longship map), I eventually could have specific interest with it. :wink:

This is a nice music mod. The only thing I can say against it is that the horse's hooves sounded a bit off, like a percussion instrument not being able to catch up with the tempo in an orchestra.  :grin: But other than that, it's really nice. It makes for an immersive gameplay. 

I used to play with the music off, this mod has changed that. I love the ambient sounds, although I still prefer music for weddings, so I am mixing it with a few default scores. Thanks for doing this.

I've come alot more far now (If not the most far) but still it doesn't add any sound (Even though i've replaced music.txt and the music folder which contains the sring music tracks.

Idk if it matters that you replace the whole music folder or remove all tracks from the original and then sweep all of the files (Except for readme) into the folder so help if possible.

Thanks in advance

Maybe files path is wrong (modules\native for music.txt , and modules\native\music for every .ogg files).
You have not to deal with original tracks, wich are in a root folder.

Aeon; may I both congratulate you and thank you for this most wonderful mod. We have successfully implemented it into the MP Vikingr module that the Einherjar & Shieldings are working on. It fits so nicely and greatly (greatly) enhances the experience. I'll send you a PM later about 'things', if you're interested?

I dont really understand, so this mod is only new music? or also new battle sounds if you know what i mean :smile:

THEMIK said:
I dont really understand, so this mod is only new music? or also new battle sounds if you know what i mean :smile:

It replaces the Native music with ambient sounds.

Right on.  DLing right now.  Only thing that is starting to annoy me about Warband is the music. 

Back
Top Bottom