Native Completed B.R.U. - Balion aRena toUrnament

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balion-Romans said:
Yeah,  Marnid - take a day off. No need to be a prick all the time.

It's unfortunate that every time I have to deal with Balions I have to be a prick. I'm not usually a prick with others. There's a reason for this.

You already admit to ingnoring warnings. How many others did you ignore?

I noticed one. I ignored it because it wasn't directed at me. This has been said many times. I noticed one. I only saw it because I happened to be checking the death messages at the time, and I saw it scroll up and out of the chat area. Who's to say my teammates even saw it in the first place? I used my experience as an example that people aren't perfect observers. If you have a problem with that, you need a reality check. I never heard verbal warnings in vent (maybe they were given while Mad Dawg was sitting in the wrong channel talking to himself during round 1 and 2?), though that doesn't necessarily mean they weren't given. I could have been listening to the 4 other people in mumble who I was more immediately concerned with rather than one guy who isn't on my team yapping away about spectators that I don't care about.

Suggesting Mad Dawg is anything but fair and respectful ruins any terrible argument you could ever conceive. Ever. Salt of the earth and all that, sonny.

More Balion circle-jerking. Are you going to be constructive and offer a logical argument, or will this degrade into character assessments? I can find plenty of reasons to question your judgment of Mad Dawg, but I'm not the one making an issue out of it. Do you want it to become an issue, or should we let it continue being irrelevant?

Moreover - take some responsibility for you own teams actions. Good grief. Not picking up weapons while in combat was a know fact. Dicipline yourselves and others won't have too.

I never denied my player's accountability. I have only said that a kick would have been more just than a ban. Do you have a problem with reading comprehension, or is this deliberate ignorance? It might be a little of both, because you didn't bother to check your facts before making an accusation. We weren't in combat at the time, because the first bracket had finished their 5 rounds. Our player was banned while we were spectating the second bracket fights. That means my player didn't pick up weapons while in combat. We knew that ahead of time. He picked up a weapon while spectating, and I already had a discussion with Zero about banning people for potential disruption as opposed to active disruption.

Balion-Romans said:
Yeah,  Marnid - take a day off. No need to be a prick all the time.

Aside from personal insults, we are not being pricks - just posting our side of the story and hoping this is handled in a more professional manner for the next one.  Because there will be a next one, and we'd like to participate in it again because we liked it - at least I did.  We didn't like what happened to us and I'm sure any group of people in our position would also voice their concern.

Edit: Marnid isn't a prick alll the time

Gelden said:
Aside from the personal insult, we are not being pricks - just posting our side of the story and hoping this is handled in a more professional manner for the next one.  Because there will be a next one, and we'd like to participate in it again because we liked it - at least I did.  We didn't like what happened to us and I'm sure any group of people in our position would also voice their concern.

Then you should address the concern via pms. Putting up your sock puppet to try and make it out as if there is some terrible injustice done upon you is rash and in poor taste, tbh.

Marnid - I'm sorry you're upset, pussycat. My care pockets are empty for you. Let Gelden do the talking. You suck at it.

Gelden said:
Marnid has expressed our discontent quite accurately.

More  Balion WK circle-jerking. Are you.................

WAIT A SECOND! Let us not travel down that road, although yanking around the yarn for my new favorite pussycat is much more fun than POM.

Alright, first of all Mad had absolutely nothing to ****ing do with it, I banned him and he was kicked prior to the ban for the same exact reason. He not only picked up a weapon but he started attacking people with it. Now if you used common sense and read the rules that have been posted in this thread for a while now, you would know not to do that. And if you don't want to take my word for it I'm sure we could check the server logs and see that he was kicked prior to the ban and solve this whole argument. And about Mok, yes we showed bias to him because we KNOW him, we didn't know who the hell your guy was and I had never played with him so yes there was bias there, basic human psychology and all that fun stuff. Just to finish this rant at 3 in the morning me and Peasant ended up not being able to watch the melee fights because we had to be babysitting everyone because they couldn't follow common ****ing rules.

To be honest,

In a future event, if and/or when their is another event.

The mod will be more idiot proof, so things that happen that night wont be able to happen ever again. Simply bunch of small things should have been implemented and I really wish we did.

-Add Str requirement to weapons
-ENL mod, for heals, spec switch, teleport, etc

Heard it was good, bunch of people had a blast, sorry I missed it.

Gratz to dem Canadians.

PS. Less troll, more community love?

Balion-Romans said:
Marnid - I'm sorry you're upset, pussycat. My care pockets are empty for you. Let Gelden do the talking. You suck at it.

I'm sorry, have I offended you in some way? Does it bother you that somebody has found a flaw with your clan's event? It's unfortunate that you chose to involve yourself in a discussion to which you have very little to contribute (aside from your character assessment of Mad Dawg, which is irrelevant because we aren't arguing about character), but if you insist on pressing yourself into discussions where you aren't needed, at least have the courtesy to allow the involved parties to discuss the matters that actually affect them.

If you want to be taken seriously (I gave you benefit of the doubt for one post, and that was my mistake) then refrain from ad hominem attacks in a discussion in which you have no place or relevance.

Balion-Romans said:
Gelden said:
Marnid has expressed our discontent quite accurately.

More  Balion WK circle-jerking.

You don't get it, do you? Gelden's simply saying that I'll be the one discussing this matter. He's not saying I'm "salt of the Earth" or judging my character. You shouldn't be here, so why are you?

schwartz said:
Alright, first of all Mad had absolutely nothing to ****ing do with it, I banned him and he was kicked prior to the ban for the same exact reason. He not only picked up a weapon but he started attacking people with it. Now if you used common sense and read the rules that have been posted in this thread for a while now, you would know not to do that. And if you don't want to take my word for it I'm sure we could check the server logs and see that he was kicked prior to the ban and solve this whole argument. And about Mok, yes we showed bias to him because we KNOW him, we didn't know who the hell your guy was and I had never played with him so yes there was bias there, basic human psychology and all that fun stuff. Just to finish this rant at 3 in the morning me and Peasant ended up not being able to watch the melee fights because we had to be babysitting everyone because they couldn't follow common ****ing rules.

Must be a typo there somewhere. I'm pretty sure Mad has something to do with it, but he wasn't banned so I have to assume you're talking about somebody else.

Also, admitting bias is honest and I respect you for doing so, but then trying to rationalize that bias and use it as false justification of an unjust ban is pathetic, especially when it's couched in such an aggravated post. You think it's acceptable to ban someone just because you don't know them personally, and then try to transfer the blame to "basic human psychology?" I could walk into your house and **** on your carpet and call it "basic human psychology," because basic instincts are to go someplace other than where you eat and sleep to take a ****, but that doesn't make it acceptable does it?

Well it may not be basic human psychology to not grief during an organized event, it is a learned behavior that somebody from a respectful clan like wk should have learned. If he was kicked for doing it, and then banned as lokkith claims, I don't see what issue is.

Oh look, Marmad is starting ANOTHER effort to revive the Drama Lama after another event.
Oh how I wish he organized things instead of biatching all around. Oh wait, he does, but then he gives a team constant **** for missing a couple of matches, for like EVER.

Orion said:
some stuff.

Listen, kitty - aside from your wild speculations, what else can you offer us? Listen to The Beer. You're embarrassing yourselves. Act right, get treated right. /thread.

PS- I will press myself into discussions as I see fit. Also, please come back when you grow-up.

schwartz said:
And about Mok, yes we showed bias to him because we KNOW him

I resent this statement. I showed no bias towards Mok.

Mok was kicked multiple times for different reasons. The moment he picked up a weapon after the initial warning was issued he was banned. Before then he was kicked for simply being a nuisance multiple times.

MfRau.jpg

On behalf of the Rebels, thanks for an awesome event Balions! Looking forward to more of them :grin:.

Lag was kicked from the server at 9:10 Central time for killing MrNevino with a staff he respawned with after the 5th round of the first bracket. He was banned at 9:29 for having a crossbow and shooting another spectator with it. He was kicked for killing spectators (which all of the spectators were doing, if you didn't notice), so that's irrelevant to his ban. Several players were kicked for killing spectators, many more weren't, and I won't say what I honestly think about this inconsistency in enforcement because I said I would avoid character arguments unless they're forced on me.

As Zero already said, the admins were banning on first offense without warning for spectators having crossbows. As Lokkith already said, the admins did have bias regarding punishment for disruptive players. Unix did me a favor and checked the logs to see when Lag was kicked and banned, and there's a 19 minute difference. Lag claims to have been kicked for killing Nevino with a staff, and the logs confirm this. He was kicked about 40 seconds after it happened. How many other players respawned with weapons and started killing their buddies? Quite a few. Not all were kicked, not all were banned.

Lag was banned at 9:29 for shooting another spectator with a crossbow. Was he wrong? Yes. Could this have been avoided by simply telling his team captain to reign him in? Yes. I would have quickly handled the situation myself, and everyone could have kept playing. The problem would have been handled right there with no further complications.

This whole situation could have been avoided had the other admins (Lokkith, Peasant, etc.) been in the administration channel with the team captains and communicating these issues with the team captains. One word to me and I would have resolved this issue with Lag on the spot, and there would be no need for further admin action. It's obvious you guys knew who the problem was, because you had his name, and you clicked through menus to kick/ban him. You knew who he was and it's not much more effort to hit your push-to-talk key and say "Whoever is Lag's captain, tell him to stop using weapons in the stands." That's all it would have taken. Why was the first response removal from the server? Why wasn't I told there was a problem with my team?

I have no confidence in the Balion admins if there's no admittance of fault when it's obvious that this iron-fist approach doesn't work.

I just want to apologize to the admins of Balion. After a deep discussion with my own clan and unix, it seems the issue is not as I have stated (if any issue exists/ed at all).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom