[B] OSP Warband Item Variants 1.6 RELEASED (New Screens)

Users who are viewing this thread

If it's not too much trouble, could you make one that doesn't include the added troops? I love the fact that it combines OSP items and Diplomacy, but I'd rather have where the troops aren't changed.

If I copy the troops file in Native and paste it in the mod folder for Diplomacy/OSP Items, would that make it where I still have the Diplomacy/OSP, only none of the new troops?

EasyCo said:
If it's not too much trouble, could you make one that doesn't include the added troops? I love the fact that it combines OSP items and Diplomacy, but I'd rather have where the troops aren't changed.

If I copy the troops file in Native and paste it in the mod folder for Diplomacy/OSP Items, would that make it where I still have the Diplomacy/OSP, only none of the new troops?

That should work. But you'd best copy the troops file from standard Diplomacy, as it has certain troops that you need (chamberlain, etc)

I've got a small issue. Installed this into Native, added the module.ini lines, added the item_kinds1.txt lines (I put them after itm_items_End and changed the count at the top).

Then I started a new game. Check the shops, all the new shields have 0 resistance. Is this intentional?

Hey want to say thanks for adding this, got it to work, I think, cant really tell the difference yet although I do see new shields in the vendor.  My question though is why do the Shields that are new have a Resistance of 0.  Did I do something wrong???

Great work, love the mod. I do have some problems with it though. When I go to armor shop, some armor/helm pics will not display, and there will be messages popping up saying "unable to find mesh item name”. Also, some of the units, like most of the Swadian calvaries will be missing either heads or torsos. I am using Diplomacy & OSP and OSP Item Variants. Done everything in the readme. Any idea what might be causing this problem?

This mod is great, unfortunately its completely messed up my troops.txt and now absolutely everything is equipped with the most ludicrous items. Although it gave me a laugh on visiting the Lord's hall and catch him crossdressing, and its a new challenge to fight Looters in mamluke mail on horseback it does kind of spoil the immersion a little :wink:. I've edited a few troops to give them the correct equipment but doing the whole lot is just unassailable. Any tips?

Brashin said:
Hey want to say thanks for adding this, got it to work, I think, cant really tell the difference yet although I do see new shields in the vendor.  My question though is why do the Shields that are new have a Resistance of 0.  Did I do something wrong???

I think that may have been a minor oversight, after all there are more than 500 items! Hopefully Thick will update the shields to have some resistance.

In the mean time, if you want, you can do like me and open the item_kinds1, scroll to bottom, use the search function (searching up) and start finding the new items entitled shield. the 10th from the last digit of each entry for shields is the resistance. Or you can use some sort of item editing program maybe? I dunno, Im old school and like to do it this way.

Example:
itm_wooden_shield_nord Nordic_Wooden_Shield Rhodok_Wooden_Shield 1  shield_round_nord 0  327687 5100273664 42 167772194 2.000000 100 0 0 0 0 360 100 0 50 0 0 0

Change that red 0 to a value. Most shields are between 1-15, but can go all the way to 20. Just remember that on average one sword strike is 20 damage! Putting it that high will make your shield close to invulnerable.

I made all of them 10, since I didn't know which was the equivalent to what vanilla items.

Since you know where you pulled the shields from Thick, I hope you will be able to fix resistance on the shields. In the mean time people, you can try the above.

I am having some problems with this. I downloaded it fine and changed the Resource, Textures, and Items stuff, but it won't let me change the module file. It says that it can not create the file and that I should make sure the file name and pathnames are correct. I didn't change the filename and the pathnames are correct. I tried to put it into my Pike and Blade module folder and my Native folder.

le staple said:
I am having some problems with this. I downloaded it fine and changed the Resource, Textures, and Items stuff, but it won't let me change the module file. It says that it can not create the file and that I should make sure the file name and pathnames are correct. I didn't change the filename and the pathnames are correct. I tried to put it into my Pike and Blade module folder and my Native folder.

Do you have admin rights? Try running it as admin. Otherwise Rclick>General Tab> unTick read only.

Receiving an rgl error on start up "Unable to open file: Modules\Native\Resource\thick_surcoats.brf " Tried restoring to default and trying again, same error

Back
Top Bottom