[B] OSP Warband Item Variants 1.6 RELEASED (New Screens)

Users who are viewing this thread

thick1988 said:
Nairagorn said:
What version should this work with? I'm on 1.125 and getting crashes starting a new game. Not rgl errors, but hard crashes.

::edit:: eh, seems to be your troops.txt it doesn't like. Using native's works fine. Cool mod!

Thanks! Yeah the troops.txt really only works when you add this mod directly over an unchanged native. :/

Ahh, that would be it then, forgot I was using better banners. Tho how that would conflict... shrug

Right, so I'm quite hyped after seeing all the screenshots and decided to install this mod. I followed the instructions exactly (I think) and the game loads perfectly, but when I want to start a new game I get thrown out, back to windows (Vista) saying that the program can't be run/executed.

Now this was my first time installing/running a mod on M&B Warband so I used the "Native" module folder (made a copy of it, renamed it) and added the files for this mod to that.

Any feedback on what I did wrong or advice on how to possibly solve my problem?

If you forgot to add load_module_resource = 'thick_whatever' lines to your module.ini file.........

More likely though your had some error like 'get_object_failed' If so, get yourself OpenBRF (free program in the Forge), and follow the instructions on the previous couple of pages....

@Thick, some of your brfs are lacking a few textures, so probably should double check and correct. Looks like mostly normal and spec maps, and I have no idea why it can't just read the ones form the main textures folder....

Doesn't work either.

I traced back my steps and everything is exactly where it should be.

Also, I don't receive any specific error. I simply get windows telling me that the program was ended, period. No notifications about files missing (I did have earlier, but that -was- because I forgot to add something and before I initially posted).

Looks like I found the problem.

As stated before, I had copied and followed instructions to the very letter and therein lies the problem.

On an earlier page I read that someone had problems with the troops.txt file. So, I took the default troops.txt file from the native folder, copy/paste/replaced the one provided by Thick and tada, it worked.

It is clean.

As stated in my first post. I'd never installed -any- mods at all. This was the first one. I tried using Thick's troops.txt file again (just to rule out that I did anything wrong) and got the same hard error (getting thrown out of the game without receiving any specific error, other than "This program has stopped working").

And I'm asuming that you don't mean I can -only- add the troops.txt file and nothing else, because without all the textures and resource files, that seems ever so worthless  :wink:

PS: If that is what you meant, I'll go bash my head into a wall....and I mean -run- into a wall, headfirst, to punish myself for my stupidity.

D'oh! Not compatible with the latest patch eh?

Well I suppose -that- could be considered the same as having an altered native folder, instead of the "default" one eh?

CounterPoint391 : Well I figure that out, but after have done 25 items, I just think something was wrong.
But then again,.... I am happy that you are in so good mood, and read what I type insteed ackting like an ass.
Wish you good luck with you mod.

I installed the mod on my clean warband version 1.125 and it doesnt seem to work. ( Is it possible that it does not fit with my current version ? )

I copied the texture and resource folder. Then i added the line in the .txt. Item number has been changed to 1130 at the beginning of item_kinds1.

I start the game and everything look fine until i press continue to fight the bandit. So basically, the game crash when the game is suppose to load Praven streets.

Any help would be nice. 

Selvhan said:
I installed the mod on my clean warband version 1.125 and it doesnt seem to work. ( Is it possible that it does not fit with my current version ? )

I copied the texture and resource folder. Then i added the line in the .txt. Item number has been changed to 1130 at the beginning of item_kinds1.

I start the game and everything look fine until i press continue to fight the bandit. So basically, the game crash when the game is suppose to load Praven streets.

Any help would be nice.

Did you use the troops.txt?

The 1st time yes. But i deleted the whole folder and started from a new copy of Native. And the 2nd time, i did  not use the troop.txt.

Well, gotta say, i love all the new colors! So much fun, nothing looks the same!  :mrgreen:
But the custom troop tree & names are throwing everything off/ especially with no troop tree posted (no sword sisters!).
Can we get a clean -yet new and improved- version of troops.txt? (Thanks)
I have to say though, finding i have longbowmen instead of huntress' was kinda funny :smile:

BTW people, make sure that when you change the item_kinds1.txt, that you change that first number directly under 'itemsfile version'. (update first post please)
Basically it states how many items are there. Change it so its +529, to say that you added 529 (or however many) new items.

itemsfile version 3

So you have to add 601 + 529 ... 1130. Still it doesnt work for me. I think i'll wait for a new release.

TIDM2 said:
Does 1.6 include more items? Or just a bugfix/ move to next patch?

Just a few fixes. It includes a retexture and remodel of the old flat top face plate helms though. I took out the troops.txt because it was giving people too many problems.

Back
Top Bottom