• Yes

Votes: 65 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • Kinda

Votes: 24 19.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well as you can see the new scene is still in progress so you'll see the gradual building of the scene and then after I do another scene plus add a bunch of more graphics to certain materials such as bump maps then I'll release it. That was a silly question to ask as im showing you what im working on.

White Tile Flat Textured
I got around to uvmapping and texturing the building today, now that's out of the way I'll move onto another building.

Black Tile Building in Progress
Working on a new apartment building that is across the street from the white one.
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&ie=UTF-8&q=takata+station+kanagawa&fb=1&hq=Takata+Station+

New Flat Textured
Took me a while to stitch up the uvmaps on this one, still not done that but nearly finished. It looks a bit blank but im gonna add a few ad billboards at the front sooner or later, see the reference pic in the previous image to know what im talking about. You can run up the stairs on the flat to get a better view of the area so I hope you'll like that, what do you guys think.

I really like the buildings. Awesome work.
I'd really like to use your skills for the Mod I have in mind, but for now I'll enjoy HOTD because I've just began tweaking everything around and.. long story short: it's just a pretty bad sketch.

By the way, are you planning on adding more weapons into the game? Or maybe, change add more locations, factions?

Glad you appreciate my work, I plan on adding a few new scenes and fixing up some of the graphics to the mod but no new weapons or factions as I pretty much already got that all covered unless you have an idea. What mod do you need help with anyhow.

Some new locations would be nice, at least to just explore and kill zombies. Still, HOTD is an entertaining Mod.

And my sketchy-Mod? 28-days-later-ish one. But as I said, I've just began to work on it. Anyway, I really like the scenes you make, as well as the buildings. I could use your help, in the (far/near?) future of course.

Pjoft said:
Some new locations would be nice, at least to just explore and kill zombies. Still, HOTD is an entertaining Mod.

And my sketchy-Mod? 28-days-later-ish one. But as I said, I've just began to work on it. Anyway, I really like the scenes you make, as well as the buildings. I could use your help, in the (far/near?) future of course.

A mod based on that sounds good, I could help some time in the future as im good with buildings.

Apartment Building Ads
Took me a while to find good reliable images for this, there wasn't much around so this is what looked best.

Road Guard Rails
Created these so I can place them along the roads to detail the scene, you can see what they are based off if you checked around the place in google street view or look at the reference pic.

Shop and Apartment Building In Progress
Another building that I started today, what say you.

Shop and Apartment Building Textured
Nearly done texturing the shop and apartment building, just the shop windows to do and then im done. You can also see that I have started on the building at the corner, im basing these on the buildings in real life so im not gonna try and get them 100% accurate as I don't think this new scene will be processor friendly.

Improving Original Textures
Im gonna go through all the mods textures and improve them so they look better, by using a few Photoshop filters and overlaying them onto the original image I can improve them like so. What do you guys think.

The Scene So Far
I did that yellowish building at the corner recently and more, what do you guys think.

New Background Low Poly Buildings
Just created some more low poly buildings to place in the background to fill the place up.

I like the scene.
Have you played Europe 1805 - II? It features a peculiar, well, feature: walking to the end of a street will take the player character to another one. In other words, scenes are linked to eachother. Have you thought of doing something like that?

Also, I don't see no difference between the old and new texture. Maybe I'm as blind as a mole, though.

Well no I don't really play other mods as most of the time im working on this, I used a few filters and then overlayed them onto the texture to give it some depth which should give the illusion of it. Even if I separated the scenes like that mod I don't have a clue on how to do it.

Have you thought of adding break-able doors into the scences? If I remember corretly, there are a couple of props which serve said function.
Imagine going around the current scence and suddenly a huge group of zombies ambushes you. The only choice you have is to run to the edge of the map to be able to scape. Ok, cool. But what if you're now in the same scence, this time with aforementioned props placed here and there. Same situation: ambushed, but instead of runing away you seek cover inside one of the buildings, closing the doors behind you. The zombies of course would be able to tear them down, etc, etc. I guess you got the idea already.

Of course, adding said props bring two problems: one, maybe the props are only for MP?; and two, some interiors would be required if this is even possible to do.

It would be very pointless because the zombies work like a native army but yea you can make door destroyable. The thing is that the ai won't destroy them without other enemys on the other side as both side try to attack each other and accidentally destroy the door.

Building the Background
You probably won't be able to tell what is going on here but im building the background for the scene, adding the background roads, tarmac, buildings and more to develop the scene.

Moar Buildings
Adding more buildings into the background so progress is going well, sooner or later im gonna start to get the models and textures into the game itself as that part also takes time.

Street Kirbs and Ground Tarmac
Now I have gotten the ground level done so I can now walk about the scene when I get it ingame which is what im gonna start doing in a few days.

Progress Update: 13/1/14
Been working hard on this new scene but it's just taking a long time to do but im getting there, I just spent hours manually uvmapping the street kirbs along the entire map and am I glad that part is over. I had to go along all the edges to make sure they connect properly, I have also gathered old buildings that I have done before and planted them around the scene to decorate the background.

That helped speed some things up as soon I'll be able to get the 3d models ingame and then I'll be able to properly present the scene to you guys. There is not much left to do as most of the hard stuff is out of the way but the next part again takes time, all of this doesn't take a ton of skill to do but it's just time consuming which is the most annoying part.

Dumping moar images.

New Scene Workload
Over 500 different model and texture files I have to deal with, this takes time to get into game.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/hotd-warband/news/progress-update-16114

What's in Open Brf so far
Here you can see what I have gotten into the brf so far, applied the materials and set them up with shaders, bump and spec maps. More buildings to go but im getting there.

What's in Open Brf so far 2 The Quickening
More meshes, materials and textures added to the brf. There are 247 meshes, 29 materials and 59 textures, im trying to keep new textures down at the moment so I reused some old ones for models here and there so that's why it seems like such as small amount of materials.

New Road Textures
You may have noticed only two textures for the road in the previous pic but I went ahead and did it the right way, I created way more road textures and applied that to the right areas so the scene looks proper. Here is an aerial pic where you can spot out them all and a pic of the 15 road textures displayed in open brf.

Scene Nearing Completion
Nearing done with this scene and then just the ingame editing is left.

Back
Top Bottom