[B] Blood and Steel 1.05

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, but have the bug fixes you've posted about been incorporated into the installer?

EDIT: Downloaded the installer again and it doesn't seem to have the fixes you talked about, so I'm assuming it's not updated yet?

Also, the animations for one handed weapons seem a bit..weird.

Do I have to redownload installer to get these bugs fixed?

1 more thing: every time I enter my ton/castle with my court in it (where can I find minister), this show up:

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 540: Invalid troop ID: -1; line NO:15:
At menu menu_town item mno_visit_lady condition

Hope it helps

EDIT: can some1 tell me how do I export char correctly? Do I have just to keep old savegame after reinstalling or what? Thx
EDIT 2 : are you going to megre diplomacy module to yours? As far as I know it's not hard and allowed ith proper crediting.

Hrmm.  I thought the visit_lady_condition bug was squashed before release.  Oh well.  I'll check that out.

Just curious, but have the bug fixes you've posted about been incorporated into the installer?
The source in the installer will be exactly the same as the source I use to build the mod, yes.

Do I have to redownload installer to get these bugs fixed?
Technically, no, I could just pack up the text files, and people could manually install a patch, since I'm not adding content.  It's just a lot more convenient, and most people don't know how to install a textfile mod properly.

To export a character, you just go to the character screen, then click the Statistics button and click "export character".  Then you can start a new game, and once the game starts, you can do the reverse to import the character, and you get all your gold / levels / skills back. 

You do *not* get your Companions, items, or towns back.  But you can edit the file that gets exported (to C:\Documents and Settings\your_username\My Documents\Mount&Blade Warband Characters, typically) to give yourselves 100K gold or whatever, so that you can build your armies up again right away.

When I release this update, you will have to do this, though.  Adding new troops to the game usually breaks savegames entirely.  This is why Taleworlds hasn't done this very often, I suspect.

I will really try to do it only this once, and set aside a bunch of placeholders for the future, so that I don't have to do it again.

OK, had some time after dinner to finish 1.01.

The .01 means "I've almost certainly broken your savegames".  Sorry, it wasn't avoidable this time.

I'll put up a changelog on the front page.

I will be gone for a little over a week, starting this evening.  Please let me know what bugs you encounter, and let me know what you think might improve the mod, and I will review all of these things when I get back and decide what might make it better.  If I don't answer for a couple of weeks, that doesn't mean the mod is dead or anything, I'm just going to be gone on vacation.

I'm not sure about adding the Diplomacy mod.  I'd have to play it a bit and make sure that it doesn't make it possible to beat the game without having to actually fight, etc.

Mainly I think that the next goal is probably to do some Quest enhancements (make the current ones better, not necessarily add new ones) and I think I'll implement a new starting scene, something a little more dramatic than "gee, I'm all alone in a dark alley"... but more when something is actually done, I hate talking about "idea" stuff.  But that's if this release fixed most of the major bugs.  Please let me know if it doesn't, and don't forget that this isn't savegame compatible, so don't tell me Warband crashed after you tried to load a savegame, that's not a bug, it's uh, a "feature" :wink:

Caught the 1.126 release.  Fixed my source to compile with the latest headers, am uploading the changed build (only of interest to modders, it's all internal stuff, shouldn't cause any major bugs).  It should be up in about 5 minutes from this post.  Then I really am outta here.

Looking forward to playing with this when I get back, looks like some nifty new things have been added.  Hope everybody has fun playing the mod :smile:

OMG the easiest difficulty is so fun... i was holding a city with over 100 of my own elite men and 150 allied weak troops. there was probably over 1000 weak enemys and we held them and the furthest they got was afew steps from the ladder. LOVE the new siege maps and style, also love the cannons and guns. great job at making this mod, although glitches where the mod closes down are annoying (version 1.0) so im downloading 1.02 now

Hi, I installed the module but I ran it I got the following error message;

"Unable to open file: CommonRes\fur_armors_a.brf"

can anyone please advise?

Peace

Meredith  :roll:

Heya, got a chance to get on the 'net for a few moments...

1.  Glad people enjoy the easy setting (which remains easy in 1.02).

2.  Please let me know if Mommy needs to become even harder to provide more challenge.

3.  The mod is up-to-date with most of the things in the 1.126 build of Warband.  My apologies for any issues that causes; I presumed most people got the game through Steam and were keeping it up to date automatically.

[EDIT]Oh yeah... has anybody done the siege of Ishamur yet?  Really curious to see how people react to that one.[/EDIT]

Post your RGL log (it's in the root folder) in a spoiler, and I'll take a look.  If you do it quickly, I can do it now. 

It's probably something missing- I don't think any of the multi-mesh items show up in Praven.  Could be a result of the 1.126 patch, but it's hard to say without a log and I can't play the game here and reproduce the error.

I'm back, as annoying as always  :grin:

found some new things i dont like:

1) Some weapons dont have overhead swing - scimitars + some 1h cutting on "falc". Dunno why - only left and right sings
2) Looting parties. It's ridiculous to beat 50 men party and get like 1 weapon and 1 shield + some crappy armor. I've beaten damn out of 227 men nords party and got 1 mail,2-3 swords and pair of shields

hey. i just made a barbarian character. when i tried to take out my sword, it stayed on my back. then i killed the guy with an invisible sword  :grin:

Let me know what the sword name was.

1) Some weapons dont have overhead swing - scimitars + some 1h cutting on "falc". Dunno why - only left and right sings
Those are swords which do not have a thrusting attack, and since overhead one-hand attacks are now a thrust, to support the spears, that's how it works atm.  I will investigate Somebody's proposed idea about how to get around this, but I can't promise anything, the Taleworlds animation system is very inflexible.

2) Looting parties. It's ridiculous to beat 50 men party and get like 1 weapon and 1 shield + some crappy armor. I've beaten damn out of 227 men nords party and got 1 mail,2-3 swords and pair of shields
I agree.  Raising your Looting score (which is a Party skill btw) helps a bit, but it still feels wrong to me.  I'll try tweaking that when I get back, I'm sure it will be possible to fix that and at worst I'll have to lower the prisoner loot values a bit to keep the money levels from getting totally silly when you sell the loot.

Please let me know the name (exactly) and if you can, a screenshot of the scabbarded version would be nice (many of the two-handers have the same names).  It's probably a bad BRF reference and should be an easy fix.  Also please let me know if that happens if you restart, i.e., if it happens with other two-handers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom