[B] Blood and Steel 1.05

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weapon sometimes disappears because of some weird motion-blur thing Taleworlds does that seems to get triggered at odd times.  I don't know if there's a solution for that, but after I've gone through the bug list I may mess with this again.

Have any of you taken on the Lords yet?  A lot of this stuff about the balance makes a lot more sense when you have to fight troops in real armor who don't just charge you.  The bandits are (mainly) just there so that people can get the initial grind over with and earn money, just like Native.

Probably the silly bug with the initial troops again- it must be drawing on the whole range between cattle and the bandits or something.  Need to sleep now, I'll get to this as soon as I'm awake again.

Crossbow Joe said:
This is my bow reticle with 262 archery proficency way too bug!
Yeah I was wondering that too, since our proficiency is so high.
Is it perhaps because you disabled the powerdraw-skill?

Regards

Downloading to trying, seems great, congrats, and thanks for trasforming working hours into amazing hours  :grin:

xenoargh
I apologise if I offended you, didn't mean to do that. I just got overexited because I really like this mod  :wink:

Just found some more, IMHO, a lil bit annoying stuff:
1) Arms traders of all towns have 80% same weapons for sale - and so far I didnt find ANY blunt weapon to buy (Been in like 8 towns)
2) You don't get any prisoners if you use sharp weapons - or I misunerstood this part :

'You do not need Manhunters in this mod, or troops with clubs.  The Manhunters are cooler and more useful in combat than they used to be, but basically you no longer have to build an army around them to earn money this way.'

Regarding Crossbow Jone's post -  I LIKE it. it's way more realistic - archers werent sniping back then, basically, they didnt aim at all - they only created a deadly cloud of arrows without trying to hit specific person.

Crossbow Jone? Its Joe! lol. But I did some more testing to see what the reticle is like on different proficiencies I did this by exporting and importing to test. First I have come up with this.
That is a shot of me with with 699 archery proficiency
That is a shot of me with 699 throwing prof. I might accept archers were not snipers but I am certain throwing is not as accurate as sniping.
Plus starting as a brigand means that every village has a -5 relation with you so you cannot recruit people from villages without doing several quest which I might add only happen now and then. And you have to sneak in to all towns with no real way to reconcile apart from buying the place lots of beer. Not only is this disadvantageous its just unrealistic, it said in the start up that I had started anew with no bounty on my head...yet. But as soon as the game begins it appears everyone hates me.

first of all , nice mod

i was fighting against the nords and i got this error.

Unable to open texture file
Modules\Blood_and_Steel\\textures\LuiSwordCollection_by_xenoarch_specular.dds

im not a modder but i think there's 1 \ tomany infront of "textures"

1.  The bows are that way because of the Taleworlds bow nerf, I think.  If putting Power Draw (up to 4) gets rid of that, I may consider that (with a minor nerf on current damage to keep the balance).

2.  I am considering lowering the damage for the two-handed weapons a little bit, so that they're just a wee bit less uber vs. plate armor people.  What does everybody think about that?

3.  I will fix the Brigand so that you do not have to sneak into towns.

More after I've fixed all the currently-listed bugs.

[EDIT]Wow, the bandits-in-towns bug is annoying.  This may take me a bit.[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]Bug is squashed.  Turned out that this must also be happening in Native, but we never noticed because Centers / Lords hired much more frequently than they do in Blood and Steel.  Also fixed some potential for similar bugs elsewhere.[/EDIT]

I dont know if I'm asking for too much, but... could you make items more different stats? because most of 1h swords have 60c swing 35p thrust 140sprt 102 reach. they only differ by model.
Same goes for armors: there are 4 main categories which include like 85% of all armors (lets take body armor): 60, 80, 120, 180 body armor. Thats all. They differ each from another just by appearence.

You told, that you tried to make all items more unique. But, tbh, Native offers some more variety so far ( nevertheless, I love cannons  :grin: they're epic! And look better than you think. Jeremus, being full INT char in my company pulls off 6-8 kills every shot with explosives, lol)

Also, speed it which you release fixes is impressive. Keep it on, an you definitely get a subforum.  :wink:

I was planning to add (small) variations to the items eventually.  Maybe 10 points of damage or speed +/- and corresponding change in price.  Maybe a bit of that with the armors; a smallish blip in resistance, weight and price won't hurt anything, especially with the helmets, which were all assigned to a broad category.

I did it with a few things, just not most of them.  I certainly don't mind doing that, so long as it doesn't hose the balance too badly.

Awesome mod!

Quick question though -Is there any way to lower the battle size to less than 150? I tried to change it in TweakMB but the options were "greyed" out. I just want to lower the troop threshold for reinforcements.

Thanks!

1 moar lil thing - I haven't noticed ANY of the caravans. Did you disable them for some reason?

Re: lowering the battle sizes.  No.  I probably need to see if there is a way to get that variable, and if so, fix that, for folks who can't handle big fights.  I do not know if that's possible or not.

Caravans:  hmm.  I thought they were still happening.  They may have been broken by something I changed in the economic code near the end, though.  I will look at that.

I have definitely fixed the bug with garrisons and initial troops being weird.  That was really annoying to hunt down.

Also, I have fixed all of the weapon lengths (there are probably a few errors left, but all of the new swords, etc. are right).

I have added variation to the stats for all the swords, axes, greatswords and a few other things, put a minor nerf on greatswords and two-handed axes.  So, more variation in price and performance.  I don't promise that it's all perfectly balanced, ofc, but now there is a lot of choice.

I lowered the accuracy of throwing weapons so that it roughly matches archery (I guess that won't make people who want to be sniper-archers happy, but if you want to snipe, buy a crossbow, it's how it worked IRL).

I checked the Looter code, and fixed their generation-  I'd forgotten that they were supposed to get some different mixes of troops on Normal.  You will find that Looters are a bit harder to push over in Normal and Mommy now (but they still aren't too rough).

One teeny change will, unfortunately, screw around with savegames-  I added a missing RR_Razor sword and moved another weapon that was mis-classed.  So please bear in mind that you will want to Export your characters.  I am very sorry if that means you've lost a nascent empire, but I want to get all of these nasty savegame-breaking bugs found and killed right away, instead of screwing people over after they've played for a week or more, so please be patient with me on this, I will try not to do it again.  In that same vein, I will probably add a bunch of dummy / cloned Troops now, so that I can add some new Mercenaries later on.

BTW, do people like the Female Irregulars?  Should I make a male variation (with traditional equipment, of course)?

Ah thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just sit out those big battles, can't really play when the FPS drops under 10.

I like the Female Irregulars - they cut through the enemies pretty efficiently. The armors are a bit too bright for my taste though.

I am working on a fix for that.  Looks like it should be possible to give you lower battle sizes, if your comp can't handle it.

And yeah, that's what I was thinking in terms of the Irregulars; I know they're useful, so a male version that doesn't offend folks who hate fantasy troops might be a good idea.

Wrote a fix for folks whose computers can't handle huge battles.  I need to fix a few more things and do the clone troops (again, this is to avoid savegame issues in the future, hopefully) and then I'll release a new version- I think most of the reported bugs are now fixed.  Here's a list of the fixes / improvements thus far:

1.  All parties and garrisons now use correct troop types.
2.  Bandits no longer have to sneak into towns.  Penalty for villages remains; players must quest to improve relations, because your player is "obvious scum"- perhaps he / she has a thief brand, etc.- maybe I should explore / explain that in the opening.
3.  Fixed bad shirt BRF reference.
4.  Fixed game not working well with people who can't support huge battle sizes.
5.  Added a lot of minor variety to the items; now there are swords /axes /helmets /etc. that are faster / stronger and cost more than the base balance.
6.  Made throwing weapons have equivalent accuracy as bows.  Neither ever gets pinpoint accuracy.
7.  Nerfed Charger a bit.
8.  Changed Looter, Forest Bandit and Sea Raider balance by adding new troops to their mix.  Looters will be *slightly* less of a speed-bump.  But not too much for new players, hopefully.
9.  Fixed Condottieres having wrong faction alliance.  This was a bug that was in some of the Taleworlds troops as well, strangely enough.
10.  Fixed various goofy things with the starting characters' clothing, etc.
11.  Added some bread to all starting characters, so that you don't insta-lose Morale at start.
12.  Fixed all weapon lengths (I hope they're all right now).
13.  Fixed a weapon that was in the wrong category (I hope that's the last time that happens, short of adding new weapons, as that screws up savegames a bit).
14.  Fixed installer including an ancient backup that wasn't even slightly relevant.
15.  Hopefully fixed Tournaments.

i noticed that one of the castles that i took had arrows stuck in the air. some where around the ladder and others were just sitting a few feet above the ground.

nice work on the fixes btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom