[B] Blood and Steel 1.05

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the bandit parties too passive. When the fight starts they run to the edge of map and wait there even if they have no ranged troops. I have to move my army to the middle of map so my ranged troops are able to hit them but the enemy just stands still and dies without resistance. I would prefer them running to me, it will not save them but it will save time and be overall more funnier :smile:

Um...Gamebreaking bug. I wanted to play as a bandit, so I do the character creation all that and join the caravan to sargoth. So, I see the bandit and I start throwing darts at him. Then I crash.

I tried again, except did some character (I had uber stats (63 agi and str) and did some difficulty. (I just clicked really fast through it all xD) I went to Praven, and...I crashed right after I clicked join the caravan to Praven.

So what the hell is going on. I really want to play this mod.

Ill try and change my graphics. See if that will help.

EDIT: CONFIRMED. I went Condotierre, and went t Sargoth. Right when I tried to fire at the bandit, I crashed.
And from Ultra High to Medium, it didn't work.

Hey, love the mod. Can you make tournaments and the arena viable options to make money in the early game. With the inflation you added, they are both chump change. Both are good for leveling up, but they have no point as far as money goes. Thanks in advance!

For some reason the auto installer installed it into the wrong folder, so I am reinstalling it into the CORRECT folder. I'll see if that will work.

Stupid computers... :roll:

Yes, it works now. I apologize for making a big fuss :razz:

Sorry about that.

Oh, and I love the starting troops! :grin:
-------------
It's me! Again...For some reason the new trees are very bright...Such as the green added trees are very bright and staticy, and same with the orange-ish trees. I'll try and get a screen up.

Okay, well, I tried to go into another battle to get the pics of the trees, but now, there are no messed up trees. I'll post back if I notice anything.

Here we go :grin:
mbwarband20100726151553.png

I find the bandit parties too passive. When the fight starts they run to the edge of map and wait there even if they have no ranged troops.
That's fixed in the next version.  Wasn't happy with that either.  Now all parties, regardless of tactics use, have a chance to charge over time, and all-infantry parties charge properly.

Can you make tournaments and the arena viable options to make money in the early game. With the inflation you added, they are both chump change. Both are good for leveling up, but they have no point as far as money goes.
Hmm.  I raised the amount you can bet by a lot, in 1.05... the payoff ought to be reasonable. 

I certainly don't think people should be supporting large armies on what they can make in Tournaments, though.  There are plenty of other ways to do that.

What do you mean by Long Term Investments? You said in the first post in a spoiler to have "long term investments" and I have no idea what that is except for getting fiefs.

Von Strauss said:
What do you mean by Long Term Investments? You said in the first post in a spoiler to have "long term investments" and I have no idea what that is except for getting fiefs.

he probably means like setting up businesses by purchasing land in towns.

If you visit the Town Mayors, you can invest in enterprises that give you money per week, just like a fief does.  It's meant to be a major tool for anybody playing a long-term game- it takes awhile to pay the initial costs, but once it does... it adds up to a few thousand dinars a week, more than enough to pay for a lot of garrison troops.

Oh, and while I'm here... fighting the Rhodoks on the new Plains battles is *rough*, now that I've fixed the spawn points, at least if you play a Brigand with an Army of Scum, heh.

And I took a look at bow damage, and nerfed it a wee bit.  Dunno if it's enough, but my feeling is yes.

CrazyCocoK said:
For some reason the auto installer installed it into the wrong folder, so I am reinstalling it into the CORRECT folder. I'll see if that will work.

Stupid computers... :roll:

Yes, it works now. I apologize for making a big fuss :razz:

Sorry about that.

Oh, and I love the starting troops! :grin:
-------------
It's me! Again...For some reason the new trees are very bright...Such as the green added trees are very bright and staticy, and same with the orange-ish trees. I'll try and get a screen up.

Okay, well, I tried to go into another battle to get the pics of the trees, but now, there are no messed up trees. I'll post back if I notice anything.

Here we go :grin:
mbwarband20100726151553.png

Having the exact same problem.

It's not really a bug, per se, but I can change it.  I think it's just that the leaves are brighter than the other trees, and I need to adjust the alpha use by the shader to make them a bit less noisy.

[EDIT]Fixed.  Made the leaves semi-transparent, darkened them- they're still different than the Taleworlds trees (which was kinda the point) but they don't stick out like sore thumbs.[/EDIT]

Cool! oh, and just a report.

My screen went crazy. I went to attack some looters, and then my game glitched up completely, there were rainbow bars in straight lines all over the screen, then the screen got VERY staticy (like a what happens on tv x 10) and it grew more and more staticy. So..I quit...and then my desktop had all these random dots all over it, so I just restarted. And now its fine  :lol:

Rofl, I have no idea how this happened, but I doubt it will happen again. Hopefully.... :???:

That's some sort of engine bug, or a problem with your graphics drivers.  You may want to update them, and if you can get a screenshot, report that in the official bug-reports thread.  There's nothing I can do about those kinds of bugs, other than tell people to lower their battle size (which helps prevent the "repeating loop of doom" bug).

Stuff in 1.06 thus far:

1.  New semi-random battle scenes for Forests, Steppe and Plains.  What are "semi-random" battle scenes?  Basically, they're hand-edited scenes, with all sorts of interesting features (bridges troops have to cross, buildings, small wooded areas, etc.).  I put this feature into the mod for two reasons- one, because the random-battlefield system frequently builds terrains that are really horrible places to fight and two, because this allows me to build terrains that can be used to explore various tactical problems.  This is the big new feature for 1.06, and it'll probably take a couple more days to finish.  Note that this doesn't entirely replace all of the random scenes- but it means that these scenes will come up fairly frequently.  If it wasn't so darn time-consuming to build AI meshes, I'd do a lot more of these, as these are really cool.
2.  Some re-balance of the bows (again).  Hopefully this strikes the right compromise, but I don't think I can make everybody perfectly happy, frankly.
3.  New mercenary troop options, some of which are only available regionally.
4.  Lords may now occasionally hire regional mercenaries, making their army compositions a bit more varied.
5.  Tweaks to the armor stats; there are certain Strength levels that aren't well-represented, so that's been fixed, along with adding additional variety, stat-wise.
6.  Rebalance for the Nords; Huscarls are always mounted, Valkyrie Elite will get some light armor, and the Valkyrie Expert has a better horse.  Should make them a lot more competitive.
7.  Rebalance for the Scum and Villains, to make it slightly more practical to build a Bandit Army, if playing a Brigand.  I've been playtesting with a Brigand for awhile, and they're really a fun class now- hiring random scum as mercs is a very fun feature.
8.  Various tweaks for the tactical AI; now Lords will use tactics, but may charge at any time (this may mean that your Lord positions defensively, but the enemy Lords charge, or vice-versa, so you'll want to coordinate with your allies), and other smallish adjustments that should improve the tactical AI.

What would be nice is

1. The ability to talk to the guild-master from the town menu (like in 1257 AD)
2. Add some features from Diplomacy like the negotiating of surrender terms when one of your castles or towns is besieged. (infact all of them would be nice)
3. More ways to "invest money" such as caravans however there needs to be a risk so it isn't too easy.
4. a Medieval Bank, Back in those days you would deposit money and could withdraw it at another city. Of course a fee was involved to make a profit. This would allow people to safely travel without the fear of being robbed.
5. A Bandit City, A city where the bandits ,scum ,looters, and all other brigands met. Allows for recruitment, the selling of slaves without bribe, and a city master who can give you dark tasks. (Basically makes being a Brigand more in-depth)

I'll think about all of that. 

No to the last idea, even though it'd be fun. 

Building a working city that doesn't look like crap is a lot like work.  The semi-random scenes, which are far more simple, are probably going to take 20 hours of my time in the end.  The siege of Ichamur, all by itself, took 10 hours to build, and it didn't need complex coding or other support, just the usual spawn-points.  It's the AI meshes that really take a lot of time- just placing the objects and painting the ground is (relatively) easy.

I'd estimate building a really good Bandit City, with special code and quests, would take somewhere around 50 hours, minimum.  I'd only take on something like that if I was getting paid to do level design.

A thing you could change with the Peasant Revolutionary is that whenever they try to disguise themselves into a city they have a 100% chance of doing so due to help from other peasants. (like hiding under the hay in a cart) Another idea is to make the Peasant Revolutionary like a claimant. The Peasant Revolutionary can rise the citizenry in revolution of their dire kings.

The ability to brace a pike would be nice too.

Hi, im planning on downloading this mod when my computer is fixed (died horribly couple weeks ago, lost everything, sad face) and was wondering if it can be used with the new mod "Polished Landscapes" that I saw the other day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom