Béta Bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

So far, I encountered "Warband has stopped working". I have a decent computer so I don't think it crashed due to a lack of memory. As far as I know, Warband uses only 2Gb of your RAM, because it runs on a 32-bit engine. I suspect you'd have to limit the usage of resources in the mod, especially by making sure it doesn't load unused Native resources. I checked "module.ini, and it looks like there is a problem on this side.

Edit: Couldn't find an exact solution to this. I commented off the unused resources, but I still get crashes. I tried ticking "load textures on demand" on/off, and realized that it is better to have it on, but it still crashes a lot. Next, I'll try enabling the edit mode. It might seem strange, but some mods advise to have it on.

Edit 2: Tried that one too. Nope, it crashes even faster.

Edit 3: You might want to look into "Automatic shadow recalculation", which is a distinctive PW feature. I noticed that people aren't crashing individually, but in groups, which means that there is a certain resource-intensive feature that activates periodically, thus forcing some people to crash. The shadow auto-calc might actually be the reason, because it activates for all the pleyers at once.

Upon first server download, it crashed. Having ticked the "load textures on demand"-box and setting shadow quality to low, I managed to get onto the server and look around in spectator mode, but when trying to join the game, I always crash.

Greetings Dobas!
Briefly describe my problem: the game, when loading on the server gives an error "Error loading Shader: not enough video card memory", after I close it the game hangs, only a reboot helps.
p.s I've never seen anything like it in 5 years of playing M&B, and don't know how to do that (play on dx7 isn't an option, because my video card is quite modern and should have no trouble pulling (Asus Radeon HD6670 1GB GDDR5).

Make sure that the videocard doesn't override any application settings. The Warband engine is quite antiquated, so you just need to let it choose the way it renders the game. Try playing with "Load textures on demand" too.

The Bowman said:
Edit 3: You might want to look into "Automatic shadow recalculation", which is a distinctive PW feature. I noticed that people aren't crashing individually, but in groups, which means that there is a certain resource-intensive feature that activates periodically, thus forcing some people to crash. The shadow auto-calc might actually be the reason, because it activates for all the pleyers at once.
Do you mean enabling or disabling it? Because I tried disabling it, and I still get crashes.

Johan_Stormcloak said:
The Bowman said:
Do you mean enabling or disabling it? Because I tried disabling it, and I still get crashes.

I discovered more problems in the process. It looks like you cannot even disable the feature. I tested it in-game and shadow realculation still works, despite me trying to disable it.

When I try to join a game, it loads for a little while and then I get a runtime error. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Edit: I was eventually able to join a server, but it then crashed a little bit after I got on. (But it wasn't a runtime error this time)

I can join the server and even fly around and observe people in spectator mode. It is when I press "join the game" that the game crashes. Have tried reinstalling it and patched it but the problem remains.

In a village between York and Mercia, there's a village where you can train as a herdsman of Northumbria, but it (seemingly?) has only combat skills and costs 12k.

Upon death I pressed (1) and was switched to commoners. The text said that only ~ would do that. Seeing that classes cost so much, you should definitely fix the text at least.

I tryed everything that I found on the forums, but nothing works, I lowered everything disabled/enabled things but nothing worked. Anyone else still has the same problem? (RunTime Error)

Back
Top Bottom