Axes are unbalanced

Users who are viewing this thread

Nikephoros

Section Moderator
I don't know if it's still there in the latest subversion, but in the one i'm playing right now (should be around 244, i guess) axes are too unbalanced. They both have PIERCING damage (which practically ignores armor altogether) and have their usual bonus against shields, which simply means bypassing their resistance. Plus, their damage value is quite high.
Usually in the vanilla game weapons with piercing damage were toned down, to balance their destructive potential. Here, axes and other piercing weapons are just too powerful.

To conclude this rant: i think they should be nerfed a bit. Either by removing their bonus against shields or the piercing damage. The two things together are too strong, IMO.

Glaive_(Warband).png

I feel like this game is geared towards swords and pikemen. I typically use a sword and Glaive because that **** is OP as f.u.c.k. What countries are you fighting? What kind of results do you get if you fight countries that don't use them?

"Language moderator" only means i moderate the Italian board, i leave the question to the local mods - nothing to do with the language you guys use in here.
I'm fighting the latins in Greece, but that's not the problem, since many of my men have axes too, and i got tempted to use one as well, but i really feel it's too easy, to overpowered. With a decent power strike (3-4) you can knock out a knight in 2 hits fairly easily, destroy their shield and feast on their helpless soul.

Overpowered where?  Where you use it or the NPCs use it?

The game itself is not possible to balance because of these power/shield (whatever) skills.  With powerstrike 10 you can knock everything out with a toothpick.  If I make the damage too low the weapon will be unusable at lower levels but still overpowered with high powerstrike.  So it's really up to the player to keep themselves 'balanced', the NPCs are not overpowered as far as I'm concerned.

It's the item, as i already said, the combination of piercing damage+ bonus against shields makes them overpowered regardless of the user's skills.

Native had axes with a powerful CUT damage. and Bonus vs shields. A few months ago the mod had powerful axes with piercing damage without BAS, and that was fine. You were screwed if you got hit, but that's what having a huge axe to swing around is all about.

But, again, the combination of those two things can really overpower axes and polearms.

Take it as a suggestion to improve the game, not as a criticism  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom