Awding city's and castles

Users who are viewing this thread

Well,

been capturing now several weeks for the Sweeds and capturing castles and Cities.
I still havn't recieved any of them..... only have 1 village somewhere.

Are there factors to influence the King, to appoint me some estates? I always can go Rebels, but this ain't easy and no fun...
I had much better chances in Warband.

I also noticed, breaking into cities can be done by opening the gate. I seems this isn't possible with castles? (Engineer at LVL10)
By design?

Same exact situation happened to me. I was playing for the Swedes and was continually taking castles and settlements. Then after handing it over to another lord it would be besieged and we'd lose it. Rinse and repeat. Eventually I decided to either rebel or start a new game so I rebelled and took 4 Swedish towns (krakov, lviv, warsaw and another) then I got on board with that queen wannabe and took the rest of the Swedish lands.

Again I made the mistake of giving some of the towns and castles to fellow lords. It was a big waste of time as they don't have a clue about troop production and reinforcing their castles. You have to keep resieging the same old settlements.

It really wasn't very difficult as the southern cities were perfect recruitment grounds.

Castles are impossible to enter if they are hostile. This was a problem for me as Dorapat castle had 1 million + Thaler of my money sitting in a merchant guild. In the end I besieged then took it and was very pleased to find my money still in the bank.

Cheers

The easiest way I've found to get a castle/fortress/town is become a mercenary and on the 85th or so day of your contract recruit the best sieging troops your faction has, so at day 90 you've maxed your party out.  Make sure you have sufficient renown/standings to become a vassal.  Do not renew your contract, conduct siege and immediately after become a noble to reset your standings with whom ever you just attacked. 

This way you get the castle of your choice and dont end up with negative standings to the lord who used to own the fief the King has given to you, had you not already had one.

Back
Top Bottom