• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Avalon is seeking staff for upcoming PW servers (Details inside)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid

Banned
Avalon is seeking staff, and is also in need of someone who would like to host / run the EU portion of avalon.  My original partner decided he was bored with warband. :~(

It would be cool if someone who already has a server up in the list, and wants to put it to good use, and has a good understanding of what the EU community likes was interested.

Needs admins to apply for both servers too.  You can check out the project by going to http://www.avalon-pw.com

reyman

Squire
WB
I would love to like always but to be honest bro. Life moves on so must you. I got a job and things to do. Like a lot of other people. PW is gone to **** anyways. Play TF2 or something. Always will love ya peasant.

Morbid

Banned
Well to be honest I have not been able to find a new game to play, so i'm stuck playing warband til at least bannerlord comes out and is hopefully modable.  PW is still my favorite mod / game right now, so I have no issue with continuing to work on servers.

Divayith

Banned
reyman said:
I would love to like always but to be honest bro. Life moves on so must you. I got a job and things to do. Like a lot of other people. PW is gone to **** anyways. Play TF2 or something. Always will love ya peasant.
TF2 ?

Morbid

Banned
I think he means team fortress 2, a game which I really don't care for much.  Team based death match games don't really hold my interest for more than 10 minutes.  I like role play a lot.

BLUDR3C0N

Sergeant at Arms
WBNW
Morbid, how do you know your server will be succesful or be able to keep up with Nexsus?

EDIT: PM me if need be.

Morbid

Banned
No one will ever know, but there are lots of players looking for an alternative. 

The PW community has grown the last 6 months.  Nexus's ban lists are so full and fat that there are enough people banned to join other servers, and hopfully more people will start playing the mod. 

That is my observation at least. 

We have been getting groups of at least 20 on the test server saying they can't wait for the server to be ready, so I believe we have a chance.  Also the deal I got on the server box for NA, allows me to keep it running for a very long time without causing financial strain or relying donations at all really. 

When we reopened trojan during this reign of nexus, we were getting 50-60 a day for two weeks straight, people didn't like our scripts though they were buggy and pissed people off.  Lots of people stopped coming because of the broken scripts. 

So those are the numbers.  I assume it would happen a similar way again but with a script system that is far less buggy this time around. 

Really it comes down to "If you don't like the way the current server is run, or how they do things, you have a justifiable reason to create your own".  Just how PW has always been.

BLUDR3C0N

Sergeant at Arms
WBNW
You have some good points there but you do realise it will take a long time for your server to be the new main one for people to go to. Nexsus has a large playerbase which attracts people to that, yes they may have a lot of people banned but if they go to your server, they're most likely going to get banned too. Anyway you do have some good points there and I wish you and the server the best of luck.

Morbid

Banned
The position of EU server owner has been filled. :smile:

We still need admins to apply for both EU and NA servers.

http://www.avalon-pw.com

reyman

Squire
WB
Okay Peasant I will help out in anyway I can. I'll donate some bucks later on after server gets up and running.

"Unable to load the Are You a Human PlayThru™. Please contact the site owner to report the problem." When I press register it says that

Morbid

Banned
Well it will be a completely different playing environment.  I always went by the guidelines of being more chill and relaxed about hosting.  No banning for stupid stuff, only people that will be banned are blatant mass randomers, and randomers who refuse to stop randoming after a fair amount of warnings. 

No more getting banned for having the nickname Fried_Chicken_African, or Angry_Christian_Chinese_Man. 

Play how you want to play, just don't cause other players to leave the server pissed off. 

This will for sure be my final PW project, so I will bring everything I have learned the last year to the table. 

Marko͘

Section Moderator
WBNWM&BWF&SVC
Morbid said:
The PW community has grown the last 6 months.  Nexus's ban lists are so full and fat that there are enough people banned to join other servers, and hopfully more people will start playing the mod. 

Those people are obviously banned for a reason, Nexus has a great staff. Do you really want your server to be consisted of trolls and randomers banned on all other servers?

Splintert

Count
M&BWB
Legolan banned for mass randoming somewhere around 90 people and gloating about it, Chumley for evading a ban with a 2nd serial key and for combat logging multiple times.

Edit: I saw that, Peasant. Watch the post removals.

Morbid

Banned
I disagree, I think at least half of nexus's bans are stupid.  I know at least 5 PW vets that are perm banned on nexus for something completely dumb.  Just an admin refusing to unban them because he was in a bad mood.  Please leave the nexus fanboyism out of my threads.

p.s. Splintert, quit being a lurker. 

Splintert

Count
M&BWB
If you list off your "PW vets" I can discount either their veterancy or give the reason why they are banned. Lay off the baseless claims unless you want to start **** again.

Splintert get your ass out of the chair and do something with your life you fat ****. You sit down each day and try and talk **** to peasant and always go on his thread just stay the **** away you nosy little prick

Splintert

Count
M&BWB
If you notice, it was not I who was throwing down the insults here. I did not even mention Peasant, nor his server. If he wants to claim that something I did was unfair, he's going to have to provide some evidence or argument to support his case.

Morbid

Banned
I know nexus bans for dumb stuff because it is a fact.  I have experienced, first on my main account, than while ban evading on my alt account i got perm banned again for something you shouldnt be perm banned for.  First time yeah, i randomed some horses, i was role playing as someone who had a lust for horse blood, i can understand ban for a week for something like that. than my alt account banned for playing as an African chef.  Cooking chicken legs for people. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom