AutoSave

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

valario

Recruit
Hey guys. I started a game and I chose to let the game allow me to quit without saving. But I want to enable the auto save feature (CTD while getting prisoners after a big battle...having to do it over again is annoying). So is there anyway to enable auto save again?

I wanted the auto save feature. Sometimes when im playing I go on my skirmishes and forget to manually save and BAM! Game crashes gotta start all over. With auto save i need to remember...f12 is quicksave :eek:

IIRC the auto-saving is done regardless of what save type you do, they're just hidden for the unrealistic save mode. They should be under you documents folder in a folder called "Mount & Blade Saves", just rename them to whatever the save you want to replace.

It automatically saves everytime you visit a town/village/castle or talk to/fight another party, you only see the saves in game though if you're playing on realistic save.

Im not playing on realistic. But every time my game crashes i have to start to where i last saved manually. I just want to know if there is a way i can edit a file somewhere to enable autosave (after leaving towns/ batlles etc...)

Sorry, let my try to say that a little more clearly.

It doesn't matter what save setting you have, the game still autosaves. If you're not using realistic save settings the autosaves still happen, you just won't see them in game.

You'll find them here:
C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount&Blade Savegames\Native

Rename them to the name of your normal save and replace it, then load the game, it'll load the autosave.

Make sure you back-up the files before trying this though, it's been a long time since I've tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom