Automatic Village Relations Loss?

Users who are viewing this thread

As a pagan Frisian, have conquered most of Frisia; but notice that even in pagan-majority settlements like Kennemer (castle), my relations deteriorate at -1 to -2 per week. Considering the rarity of village-specific quests to enhance relations, this effectively borks long-term possibility of troop recruitment (even after building schools).

Is this simply because I'm pagan in a mostly Christian area?
Or is it a default part of sandbox game mechanics irrespective of player religion?

The two "Tweaks" mods don't seem to have an option to mod village relations loss. Does anybody know the file and code that needs changing to fix this?

What is your reputation? My reputation is over 100 and relations with both religions positive. I never loose relations with villages in Friese. Did you build temples to odin? Don't build them before your relation is over +50. I have ruled over Friese for over 600 days now and relations have stayed fixed in the positive. And even increasing for Dorestad, which I own.

check things like religion and tax level

you can visit the appropriate threads to discuss tweaks. Remember to take a screenshot or copy any message you get like "XXX has lost 1 relation with YYY" as that helps to narrow things down (find code).

kalarhan said:
check things like religion and tax level

Yeah, forgot. I always keep taxes low in all fiefs. That boosts relations. High taxes deteriorate relations. Medium I guess is fine, but I prefer low.

Taxes are medium; renown 900+; reputation 162; religion Pagan; Pagan relations = 78;  R-2-Rule = 34
Am playing a modded version with Kalarhan's Tweaks; plus many of Kraggrim's.

Went ahead and built Odin's temples everywhere--relations even in Pagan Danmark are mostly in the toilet; except in the towns, where relations were already high pre-conquest. Am depending upon prisoners for most of my new troop recruits.

Am wondering when--or even if--gradual conversion of the Christians to Pagan will improve relations....This isn't how I remembered Brytenwalda.

hieronymos2 said:
It's a vast improvement over Brytenwalda, even if the bulk of its content came from there.

it is inspired by BW, but both the features and code base are very different, so don't expect they to play in a similar way.

And VC RE had a major influence from the community feedback, so even if VC 1.0 was somewhat similar to BW, that ship has sailed.

hieronymos2 said:
Taxes are medium; renown 900+; reputation 162; religion Pagan; Pagan relations = 78;  R-2-Rule = 34
Am playing a modded version with Kalarhan's Tweaks; plus many of Kraggrim's.

Went ahead and built Odin's temples everywhere--relations even in Pagan Danmark are mostly in the toilet; except in the towns, where relations were already high pre-conquest. Am depending upon prisoners for most of my new troop recruits.

Am wondering when--or even if--gradual conversion of the Christians to Pagan will improve relations....This isn't how I remembered Brytenwalda.

Again, I haven't looked at the actual code, but from my experience building Odin's temples is generally a bad idea. I wouldn't do it before my relations with that settlement is at least +50 and pagans are at least accepted there. I have temples in Ribe, Tunsberg and Dorestad and I built them when "Pagans are the majority here". In Ribe and Tunsberg I got a -5 relation hit for building it and in Dorestad -30. In a few weeks the temple in Dorestad got taken down by angry christians. I rebuilt it and this time only took a -10 hit. After that it has been fine for like 500 days. But conversion rate seems to be around 0 still. It was at it's peak at "8 people have adopted" but it has been going back to 0. Seems like conversion isn't really happening...

Also I always give all villages away to lords. Because as their lord you seem to get a relation hit every time they get raided and they get raided all the time. When you are not the owner tho, the village won't blame you. + they add A LOT to tax ineffiency. I get much more weekly $$$ by only keeping towns for myself and giving the rest to my vassals.

Odin Temples seem totally useless...except to fu#% relations; even in settlements that are "bastions of pagan faith." What a load of crap pushed by the Devs.

I'd thought that bumping up Pagan relations to a high level, along with pagan conversion work from Odin temples, would make a good combo for long term relations and stability; but it seems I'm wrong. Pace of conversion--even in settlements where paganism is strong--is virtually non-existent.

I also eventually give away all villages; keeping only towns and strategic castles. But first I build messenger post, watchtower, school, mill...and to my considerable regret, temple of Odin. Guess I'll have to shelve my Pagan dream of driving Christianity out of Brytenwalda...

Back
Top Bottom