Automatic Crossbows, How to do.

Are you for or against automatic crossbows. Please try this out before voting.

• I like them or i have nothing against.

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • I don't like them.

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

VikingHaag

Regular
This is a single edit to your items file. From what i see it's compatible with almost all mods and is easily done.

Open your item_kinds1.txt file in the module folder (MOD) of your choice.

Copy and paste this.

Code:
itm_chu_ko_nu Chu-Ko-Nu Chu-Ko-Nu 1  crossbow_a 0  6357001 5637160960 655 139274 3.000000 100 0 0 0 9 0 33 50 0 20 293 0

itm_machine_crossbow Machine_Crossbow Machine_Crossbow 1  crossbow_c 0  6357001 5637160960 1256 139274 3.750000 100 0 0 0 11 0 33 66 0 30 305 0

itm_repeating_hand_crossbow Repeating_Hand_Crossbow Repeating_Hand_Crossbow 1  crossbow_b 0  4259849 5637160960 2409 139274 1.500000 100 0 0 0 10 0 47 92 0 8 288 0

itm_automatic_assault_crossbow Automatic_Assault_Crossbow Automatic_Assault_Crossbow 1  crossbow_c 0  4259849 5637160960 4617 139274 2.500000 100 0 0 0 15 0 37 129 0 20 300 0

itm_items_end Items_End Items_End 1  shield_round_a 0  0 0 1 0 0.000000 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Save and exit.

This crossbows are really powerfull and may be game breaking. But give it a try. Just make sure you have the money. A balanced Automatic Assault Crossbow can cost up to 100k gold.

Special thanks to Cyrilix for the original post now lost hundreds of pages deep into the forums.

Important Note READ IT

After copying add 4 to the number in the second line of the text.
Example: You have 608. When you add this 4 items you must add 4. 612 is the number you must have.
And after copying the items cancel the line :
itm_items_end Items_End Items_End 1  shield_round_a 0  0 0 1 0 0.000000 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

NOT THE LAST ONE. THE ONE BEFORE YOUR NEW ITEMS. i don't know the effect of having this 2 lines at them same time.

I have to ask however.... how exactly this works.

To the best of my knowledge none of these crossbows actually exist in the game, they have no models for them or anything of that sort... so how is adding a crossbow in the item_kinds1.txt going to work?

The only way I see this working is if you are actually overwriting the already existing crossbows (assigning these to the same addresses as the existing but changing the name/function) which then makes this pointless as there is a far easier way to make any of the crossbows repeating than overwriting the entire line.

Edit- Double checked, these addresses for the models are the same as existing crossbows, all you are doing is changing the name of the crossbow and adding the function of not having to reload them..

In other words the easier way to do this (dont have to muck around with the adding the 4 at the end or any of that stuff which I didn't really get) would be this

itm_chu_ko_nu Chu-Ko-Nu Chu-Ko-Nu 1  crossbow_a 0  6357001 5637160960 655 139274 3.000000 100 0 0 0 9 0 33 50 0 20 293 0

Find this in your item_kinds1.txt or rather this as it is what that is:

itm_hunting_crossbow Hunting_Crossbow 1  crossbow_a 0  6357001 5637160960 655 139274 3.000000 100 0 0 0 9 0 33 50 0 0 293 0

Change that little yellow 0 to however many shots you want to get off before reloading and wha-la you have a repeating crossbow (repeat for each type you want to use it for)

NJSQRL said:
I have to ask however.... how exactly this works.

To the best of my knowledge none of these crossbows actually exist in the game, they have no models for them or anything of that sort... so how is adding a crossbow in the item_kinds1.txt going to work?

The only way I see this working is if you are actually overwriting the already existing crossbows (assigning these to the same addresses as the existing but changing the name/function) which then makes this pointless as there is a far easier way to make any of the crossbows repeating than overwriting the entire line.

Edit- Double checked, these addresses for the models are the same as existing crossbows, all you are doing is changing the name of the crossbow and adding the function of not having to reload them..

In other words the easier way to do this (dont have to muck around with the adding the 4 at the end or any of that stuff which I didn't really get) would be this

Find this in your item_kinds1.txt or rather this as it is what that is:

itm_hunting_crossbow Hunting_Crossbow 1  crossbow_a 0  6357001 5637160960 655 139274 3.000000 100 0 0 0 9 0 33 50 0 0 293 0

Change that little yellow 0 to however many shots you want to get off before reloading and wha-la you have a repeating crossbow (repeat for each type you want to use it for)

I'm not a modder. I only found this things and added them to my item_kinds1.txt file and changed the number on the second line of the txt file, the one who indicates the total number of items. And it didn't replace any existing crossbows. I still find them all + this ones.
Anyway i honestly like more the crossbows as they are above. A repeating siege crossbow is WAYY too unbalanced. Even for a cheater like me. These crossbows are actually balanced. Have you tried them btw?
I really like them. Just too bad i eat up 60 bolts in less then 2 minutes. ( had to tweak bolt "pack" size to actually use some of those to their real power)

VikingHaag said:
I'm not a modder. I only found this things and added them to my item_kinds1.txt file and changed the number on the second line of the txt file, the one who indicates the total number of items. And it didn't replace any existing crossbows. I still find them all + this ones.
Anyway i honestly like more the crossbows as they are above. A repeating siege crossbow is WAYY too unbalanced. Even for a cheater like me. These crossbows are actually balanced. Have you tried them btw?
I really like them. Just too bad i eat up 60 bolts in less then 2 minutes. ( had to tweak bolt "pack" size to actually use some of those to their real power)

Yes I knew it would not replace the current crossbows... I could have made that more clear I suppose, but I would also guess that if you were to get a Chu-ko-nu in the game after adding these... you would have the same model as a hunting crossbow... am I right?

Also by using the way I suggested instead, they are somewhat ballanced. How they are balanced is that you are NOT the only one with the crossbow now... I have made my own repeating crossbows before, usually out of the siege crossbow but as big as an advantage it gave me being able to fire 5 bolts before reloading, it also had terrible, terrible, results when I went to war with the Rhodoks... the reason being those Rhodok Sharpshooters who routinely tear people to shreds also had the modified crossbow meaning they were able to fire 5 bolts before reloading allowing them to rain down the death on us just that much faster.

NJSQRL said:
VikingHaag said:

Yes I knew it would not replace the current crossbows... I could have made that more clear I suppose, but I would also guess that if you were to get a Chu-ko-nu in the game after adding these... you would have the same model as a hunting crossbow... am I right?

Also by using the way I suggested instead, they are somewhat ballanced. How they are balanced is that you are NOT the only one with the crossbow now... I have made my own repeating crossbows before, usually out of the siege crossbow but as big as an advantage it gave me being able to fire 5 bolts before reloading, it also had terrible, terrible, results when I went to war with the Rhodoks... the reason being those Rhodok Sharpshooters who routinely tear people to shreds also had the modified crossbow meaning they were able to fire 5 bolts before reloading allowing them to rain down the death on us just that much faster.

They use the same model, but no troop has this crossbows, so you don't screw up the gameplay unless you give troops these crossbows. Anyway i think anybody that reads this topic should at least try out the automatic assault crossbow, i love having pike , shield, axe and a 20 bolt ready crossbow. Just like a stash of javelins, but more lethal.

Probably because you are responding to an eleven year old thread. Probably not even relevant to the final game.
Ok?
Probably because you are responding to an eleven year old thread. Probably not even relevant to the final game.
sorry Bruh I didn't saw the Wat Day was it in 💀

Back
Top Bottom