Autoblock in Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Kripaz

Grandmaster Knight
On Thursday there was a bug report by @yndynihcovaqutpbzs which showed how easy it is to enable autoblocking in multiplayer with only so few tricks. The thread is now hidden for obvious reasons, but that's not quite end of it. That specific exploit also gives you possibility to use other means to improve your gameplay, but autoblock might be the biggest glaring issue. Basically this exploit has existed there since launch and anybody who has ever wanted to use autoblock and has looked at text files, have it at this point (trust me it's ridiculously simple). Also I'm fairly sure that nobody hasn't been banned for using it, because whole exploit shouldn't even exist and it's quite baffling it was exposed so long after launch.

I'm only bringing light to this, because I have my own suspicions who might have used it in the past, but of course not naming names.
But I'm sure that Taleworlds fixes this next week as this is now known issue (right Taleworlds?)

Anyways thanks to @yndynihcovaqutpbzs for bringing this out.

Last edited:
That's what I mean though, isn't editing game files or whatever the trick is a pretty basic thing to say "make sure the AC checks this"?

Still think they should bring back that giant characters mode people did by tweaking things and make it a real game mode!

That's what I mean though, isn't editing game files or whatever the trick is a pretty basic thing to say "make sure the AC checks this"?

Still think they should bring back that giant characters mode people did by tweaking things and make it a real game mode!
I am honestly not sure exactly if the anti-cheat is currently being used to its fullest potential. I have been able to modify libraries directly and not be affected by the anti-cheat.

Also, the giant exploit (the second time i believe) was done by directly modifying the libraries as well. But this was before the battleye was activated.

Giants were fun nonetheless, i might look into it and see if i can find another exploit for it, because it honestly wouldn't surprise me a ton of very apparent thing you would think would have counter-measures have zero.

I am honestly not sure exactly if the anti-cheat is currently being used to its fullest potential. I have been able to modify libraries directly and not be affected by the anti-cheat.

Also, the giant exploit (the second time i believe) was done by directly modifying the libraries as well. But this was before the battleye was activated.

Giants were fun nonetheless, i might look into it and see if i can find another exploit for it, because it honestly wouldn't surprise me a ton of very apparent thing you would think would have counter-measures have zero.
Battleye is infamous for it acting as if it weren't there sometimes :grin:
A nice example is R6S, Ubisoft was literally detecting the hackers and banning them by hand because Battleye was so dumb.

Maybe if some noobs figure out to do this it will finally be a more interesting skirmish que. What kills most people is not missing blocks but mistiming swings due to swing delay. Sad!

Back
Top Bottom