Auto resolve isn't worth it and still sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

I do agree on that and obviously that's not the only thing they've copy pasted from warband.

But I'm sure everything's gonna be fine, I'm totally backing up TW on their good work

I'm backing them 100% also, and love all the updates, but we still need to post about huge game play problems to help them improve the game for us. But they've been great we all the patches since release.

Just had 100 people fight 5 looters.
1 Vlandian Sharpshooter randomly died in auto-resolve.
Looters OP, please nerf.

To resolve this, I just started attacking larger groups so that I get more xp for the time sunk into the simulation. Still, I shouldn't have tier 6 troops being killed by looters.

I'd also like a fix for this looter auto resolve.
At least have them kill only tier 1 units or something.

Auto resolve in general seems to be in a bad state atm.
Example : I join an attacking army sieging a castle. We outnumber them 4 to 1.
If i auto resolve , we lose the same numbers as they do ( just lost 98 men + a lot injured vs 102 dead defenders )
If i fight the siege , even if i do NOTHING , we lose 12 men.

Please do something about this. Playing sieges where i outnumber the enemy so hard is NO FUN. The opposite is awesome , sure , can play it all day long.
Give us good auto resolve.

102 defenders vs 400 attackers and u lose 12 units ? This game is rly unreal ****... Did they 102 looters and u had t4, t5 units or what ?

At first I didn't want to start using mods and keep adding new ones, but I've since changed my mind.
I strongly suggest using this mod by keehuuu :
I also suggest to edit the config file to set the multiplier to 0.7 or 0.8

Thanks to this mod, I do still loose units but kind of only recruits, not high tier units anymore.

It kind of makes sense to loose T1 troops against T1 troops (like looters) eventhough you'd think it makes no sense to loose any units in 100 vs 15 battles lol but still it's a very good mod.

102 defenders vs 400 attackers and u lose 12 units ? This game is rly unreal ****... Did they 102 looters and u had t4, t5 units or what ?

An average of t4 units and good medicine. When you attack a castle with low or damaged walls and have decent ammount of siege engines , attacking arrows take the defenders out quicker without many casualties , especially when outnumbered so hard.

At first I didn't want to start using mods and keep adding new ones, but I've since changed my mind.
I strongly suggest using this mod by keehuuu :
I also suggest to edit the config file to set the multiplier to 0.7 or 0.8

Thanks to this mod, I do still loose units but kind of only recruits, not high tier units anymore.

It kind of makes sense to loose T1 troops against T1 troops (like looters) eventhough you'd think it makes no sense to loose any units in 100 vs 15 battles lol but still it's a very good mod.

Thanks for the reply. It somehow happened that i downloaded the exact same mod a few hours after making my post here.
I will edit the multiplier as you suggested.

Enjoy !!!

With the latest patch release e1.2.0 auto resolve on looters is counter productive.
My party of 90, mostly recruits and a handful of tier 2 and 3 troops verses a group of 30 looters get their butts kicked with high death rates and next to no injured troops. As many as 30 troops are killed?
If I attack with the party barely any troop are killed?
I see no use for Auto resolve now. Everyone gets killed for no gain.

Just bring back looters only causing injury and i'd be happy, even if they never fixed the auto-resolve. At least i'd be able to train my troops in some what decent way.

Just bring back looters only causing injury and i'd be happy, even if they never fixed the auto-resolve. At least i'd be able to train my troops in some what decent way.

+1
I'm winning the "battles" against the looters without any causalities if I simply use the F1-F3 combination, meanwhile in simulation they are able to kill multiple elite units.
It's not fun – it's just a burden, a boring chore, wasting my time that I would spend in any better way. I usually lost around ~2 minutes for every battle like that (including loading the dialogue screen, terrain, pressing buttons, and just waiting). And it's pretty much obligatory since it's the only way to train troops (since training them in garrisons don't work).

+1
I'm winning the "battles" against the looters without any causalities if I simply use the F1-F3 combination, meanwhile in simulation they are able to kill multiple elite units.
It's not fun – it's just a burden, a boring chore, wasting my time that I would spend in any better way. I usually lost around ~2 minutes for every battle like that (including loading the dialogue screen, terrain, pressing buttons, and just waiting). And it's pretty much obligatory since it's the only way to train troops (since training them in garrisons don't work).

I press F6 and the battle is won with horse archers. I auto-resolved 3 dead. I hate having to fight even 3 looters.

dzn3i8xma6v41.jpg

Stolen from reddit - ridiculous!

Keep up with good work Taleworlds, looking forward for fix ^^.

Still need this fix, i'm getting bored of leveling up troops. impossible to level up any decent army at this stage.

Last edited:
Game is still crap. I am trying to play every patch , but i just find new problems x). They are fixing quests to be worse or other stuff like graphics but of course not necessary things as i noticed. One + they blocked expansion of kingdoms on early game.

Game is still crap. I am trying to play every patch , but i just find new problems x). They are fixing quests to be worse or other stuff like graphics but of course not necessary things as i noticed. One + they blocked expansion of kingdoms on early game.

early? There isn't any other good way to train recruits outside the looter grinding.

Back
Top Bottom