Auto-resolve and cavalry in heavily forested areas

Users who are viewing this thread

CrazyElf

Sergeant
Should cavalry get the same bonus in the auto-resolve that they get in open areas?

Right now my understanding is that they get a 20% bonus no matter what. Should that be the case though?

Heavily forested areas tend to be rather restrictive for cavalry and the AI often sends cavalry bumping into trees and other obstacles.

Would a smaller bonus or no bonus be justifiable?

Yes, currently all cavalry get a bonus of 20% (relative to its same tier infantry/archer counterpart) no matter what.
We are working on an improved auto-battle calculation which will include penalties/bonuses for different terrain and mission types(sieges, raids, etc.). Hopefully, we will be able to release more details soon.

Add some numbers for different troops too. every troop type should have a strong and a weak point.

as example Archers should have a penalty against horses, because there are fast and swift, but get a bigger bonus against shieldless infanterie and a little bonus against infanterie with shield.

Yes, currently all cavalry get a bonus of 20% (relative to its same tier infantry/archer counterpart) no matter what.
We are working on an improved auto-battle calculation which will include penalties/bonuses for different terrain and mission types(sieges, raids, etc.). Hopefully, we will be able to release more details soon.

Great news!

That's good to hear.

Great thanks - I think that one other consideration is that the autoresolve should also take into account the troop skills and equipment. I know that will not be easy to do, but I think it should be a longer term goal.

While im glad to hear that im also kinda shocked that someone was OK with the default auto-calc.. Kinda essential for a strategy to take in at least this kind of basic parameters to determine battle results. Imagine Panzer General not accounting for terrain at a minimum

Back
Top Bottom