Auto kick for team damage would be nice in multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Damage should be reflected back to player like warband.

I don't think that would be a good idea in captain mode, because its often really hard to avoid hitting team members. This could lead to very annoying situations. Auto kick isn't really a solution either, since your team is pretty much doomed to loose the game anyways, when one players quits mid game.

I don't think that would be a good idea in captain mode, because its often really hard to avoid hitting team members. This could lead to very annoying situations. Auto kick isn't really a solution either, since your team is pretty much doomed to loose the game anyways, when one players quits mid game.
You as a player should avoid teamkilling, accidently or not.

I'm not talking the bots teamkilling eachother, talking only about the player.

You as a player should avoid teamkilling, accidently or not.

I'm not talking the bots teamkilling eachother, talking only about the player.

I am doing that of course as best as possible, but when youre engaged in close combat, two teams clashing together, you are going to hit your team members. Imagine, this causing you to get knocked out, hindering you from commanding the troops to back off and the enemy team kills them all. Furthermore, the team killer could just hit team members, killing himself with the demage reflection, respawn and repeat, killing his whole troop, causing the team to lose the game again.

For me the real solution is the report system they are implementing, that way we can keep the team killing as it is, and the little ****s who join the game and think “ha I can ruin games with no punishment” get randomly banned for their behaviour.

1 week > 1 month > Permanent.

For me the real solution is the report system they are implementing, that way we can keep the team killing as it is, and the little ****s who join the game and think “ha I can ruin games with no punishment” get randomly banned for their behaviour.

1 week > 1 month > Permanent.
I don't think you should be able to get perm banned for teamkilling, Should work like csgo's report system unless your hacking or being insanely racist you should not be able to get perm banned.

For me the real solution is the report system they are implementing

Yea, I think this is the best solution and I'm glad its high priority right now. We can expect it to come soon.

I don't think you should be able to get perm banned for teamkilling, Should work like csgo's report system unless your hacking or being insanely racist you should not be able to get perm banned.

Perm ban should be reserved for players, who deliberately trying to destroy the game for everyone, I agree.

I am doing that of course as best as possible, but when youre engaged in close combat, two teams clashing together, you are going to hit your team members. Imagine, this causing you to get knocked out, hindering you from commanding the troops to back off and the enemy team kills them all. Furthermore, the team killer could just hit team members, killing himself with the demage reflection, respawn and repeat, killing his whole troop, causing the team to lose the game again.
This is just how the game is, you could say the exact same situation for skirmish. Where as teamkilling has an even more significant impact on the game then in captain.

Having a teammate shoot you in the back on purpose is incredibly frustrating. My solution is to shepard the enemy to their location and leaving them to die.
Reflective damage is a great way to stop people from teamhitting. Most people dont care if they hurt teammates with stupid attacks, but if they get punished for it maybe the'll learn from it.

We’re talking about trolls here, not accidental team hits. Being perma banned for accidentally team hitting is obviously stupid. Consistently team killing as soon as you spawn constantly throughout 2-3 games? Ban.

From what I've seen here I think by far the best idea is for the team damage to be reflected back, that way nobody gets annoyed by it. There is no need for any voting or explaining to other people as to why someone should be kicked ( while the troll probably tries to convince people he didn't do anything ).

From what I've seen here I think by far the best idea is for the team damage to be reflected back, that way nobody gets annoyed by it. There is no need for any voting or explaining to other people as to why someone should be kicked ( while the troll probably tries to convince people he didn't do anything ).
Yes agree. Honestly, at this point, I just hope taleworlds come up with something quick. Damage reflecting is easy af to implement. So, implement it. Don't wait another 6 months debating on what should be done. Its a 30 min fix at most. Do it.

This isn't making any sense. Its fairly easy to take over a bot, just press a single key. This probably takes 5 seconds? Sure, the team killer could kill members of his own troop, but that's exponentially better than some random dude's troop being massacred because one guy decided to be a ****. It pisses people off less, and the TKer gets less of a kick killing himself over and over rather than being able to indulge his own sadistic whims.

People who goes out of their way to destroy gaming experience of others deserve a perm ban. Quite honestly, there are a couple of people who go on every night just to massacre their own team. Ban them from multiplayer forever please, we don't need those sadists. They have shown themselves incapable of self-restraint and should be dealt with accordingly. After all, they can always pay $50 for a new key.

Perhaps it should only work like that when doing team damage on another player, not bots. Anyway, not a big fan. Would be better to just get autokicked after say 3 player teamkills in the same match.

If you don't implement it in captain how exactly are people suggesting to solve the issue? A report system can only do so much after the fact. A guy could go on a rampage for 5 weeks all we know and ruin countless games before reports are reviewed.

It doesn't matter if it gets punished with a permanent or temporary ban, a timely sanction coming in soon after the deed would be probably enough for the moment. If ppl get removed from the MP for at least some time after they start TKing and doing BS, it would work wonders.

I've seen self-justice in action. One player delibaretely TKing or team damaging at spawn was just shot on sight in spawn by their team mates after the next round started. They went for his respawn as well, just so they could play without being interrupted. Problem with this is that in Captain this doesn't work at all and in Skirmish you're harming your own team too.

Hitting your own team in melee is basically a Mount and Blade cardinal sin. One of the first things to master is retraint with your attacks, a damage reflection system would help enforce that. I've seen accidental team hits lead to half a team dying, just from one unexpected opening in someones defence from a reckless team hit.

Damage reflection would also resolve any issue with team killers, it is pretty much a perfect solution to punish careless aggression.

Back
Top Bottom