Auto-calculated battles

Users who are viewing this thread

Rabid03

Recruit
I feel that the calculation for how likely casualties is off, and it grinds down game play.

For example, if 14 looters stray across my path I'm not going to pass up the free lunch. Yet despite having 100 top level troops I still have to waste time loading up this boring battle because if I don't the auto-calculator will kill a Vlandian Banner Knight or whatever. Now I have to recruit a new one, level him, buy another war horse, all because I tried to save 2 minutes by not loading a pointless battle.

It would be nice if this feature did a better job of recognizing completely 1 sided battles so as to not waste players' time.

The problem is that it's made for the AI on AI, so they have reasonable units lost when they fight and can't just only lose lower tier and build up a party that beats auto calc too 1 sided and then never loses much.

I think the best solution is to let the player choose what troops to use in an auto calc so we can hold back high tier/special troops and use lower tiers to fight bandits and such in auto calc.

+1 to OP.

The purpose of autoresolve should be allowing the player to skip battles which aren't interesting and they know they would win. Without being punished for it with the death of an elite troop who would never die in real battle.

Of course, remotely close battles should still carry a high risk of failure in autoresolve.

If the current state of autoresolve is to fix failures with the AI, just implement different rules for the AI and player. It's not like they haven't already done that with various mechanics anyway.

Have anyone testet the likelihood of kills with an 120+ Medicine comp ? Should help to only wounded..Or is it just random ?

Look upon losing that banner knight as the price you pay for being lazy.
Wrong mindset.
This is an entertainment product, not a job.
People are playing games in the first place because they're in a lazy mood.
They aren't skipping an obvious win battle because they're lazy - they're skipping it because they would have more fun doing something else.

Forcing the player to do something they don't find fun should be avoided at all costs in video games. Unless it makes the game more challenging.
But grinding looters doesn't make the game more challenging, just more boring.

Back
Top Bottom