Users who are viewing this thread

Why not reduce the damage in the options then? That way a few missed blocks are forgiven.

If I do that, game becomes too easy. And as I said, problem with enemies spamming attacks still exists even at the lowest difficulty. So it would be rather pointless. All I want is a little balance.

Whoever decided to remove the option of auto blocking for SP is not very smart imo. It makes me scared that there are more features that are stupid and could have been optional but they decided to lock it.

Whoever decided to remove the option of auto blocking for SP is not very smart imo. It makes me scared that there are more features that are stupid and could have been optional but they decided to lock it.
It's more than likely coming once core bugs are addressed. Why remove an optional feature like that? Automatic blocking is more complicated to implement than manual cause the algorithm has to predict what the enemy will do. It's a new engine and AI is likely different than Warband, so it's more than likely not just a copy paste of the Warband code.

I saw on a PC Gamer (?) today or some game journalist site that they mentioned that TW are reintroducing autoblock.
There you go. Can probably close the thread now :razz:
Kek'd here. The journalist seem to have spent the time and read most of the thread. Interesting. Though he is citing exactly what the intelligent forum member said: contacted TW, got the answer.

Still glad to know that TW will most likely make it happen again. And sad that people keep responding to the thread as if their personal enjoyment of the game should be reenacted by others.

What are you talking about? There is no option like that. Thats what the thread is about. Anyway I was responding to the guy that was playing on normal difficulty and had an issue with the missing option, so I suggested an alternative since he said he hits some of his blocks and just misses the panick blocks.
/facepalm

Still glad to know that TW will most likely make it happen again. And sad that people keep responding to the thread as if their personal enjoyment of the game should be reenacted by others.

Indeed. People should be able to play the game they want, without some adolescent nonce telling them that they need to "git gud" or some other such childish rubbish. Honestly, it's like these people have just discovered that the internet exists! :cautious:

It's more than likely coming once core bugs are addressed. Why remove an optional feature like that? Automatic blocking is more complicated to implement than manual cause the algorithm has to predict what the enemy will do. It's a new engine and AI is likely different than Warband, so it's more than likely not just a copy paste of the Warband code.
There's already two Mods for auto blocking:

So I'm sure it's not that hard to implement. No, I believe the devs deliberately took it out for whatever reason. An incredibly dumb decision imo. I don't even use auto block in WB but why force people to use directional blocking especially in Single player?

Last edited:
There's already two Mods for auto blocking:

So I'm sure it's not that hard to implement. No, I believe the devs deliberately took it out for whatever reason. An incredibly dumb decision imo. I don't even use auto block in WB but why force people to use directional blocking especially in Single player?

I'm sure it'd be a little easier for the devs, but making it happen on my end took countless hours of testing. There are pieces of the source code that hint to me they'll be adding autoblock, but we'll just have to see.

Nay, simply because it would make two-handed weapons incredibly overpowered like before, there's a good reason why they kept it out, now there's a huge risk involved using a two-handed weapon, way more balanced, before nobody bothered with sword n board when they could use two-handed.

And since autoblocking mods don't work as intended, you will have to learn to block/parry without a shield my dear padawan.

I hope they don't give into people that don't take the time to learn the game.

Last edited:
Nay, simply because it would make two-handed weapons incredibly overpowered like before, there's a good reason why they kept it out, now there's a huge risk involved using a two-handed weapon, way more balanced, before nobody bothered with sword n board when they could use two-handed.

And since autoblocking mods don't work as intended, you will have to learn to block/parry without a shield my dear padawan.
You're not serious, are you?

This is way down the list on their issue priority there are a bunch of people that cant even launch the game right now and going at each others throats over a relatively simple feature that will eventually be modded in is ridiculous.

now for multiplayer yes I agree the autoblock shouldn't be in multiplayer for single player the CASUAL part of a playerbase is usually over 60 percent for most games you do indeed have to provide options in difficulty areas to provide a casual and a hardcore experience so stop degrading the people that want to play casual.

I myself play on realistic and am a fan of games like dark souls and other such titles but your average gamer plays games on the normal or easy difficulty setting in most games believe it or not so stop bashing the casuals they are just as important to the community as your pretentious get gud nub attitude.

if people want the autoblock in single player let them have it you don't have to use it and its never going to affect you personally so stop being a Neanderthal and bashing other people for not playing the way you want them to.

NOW for the other side do not DEMAND things with this it was in the last game I want it back right now attitude the game engine is different its not as simple as a copy paste it will take them time and they have a lot of things on their plate that are far more important for the time being, but seriously y'all we all just wanna enjoy the game quit bashing each other.

Last edited:
If however you want to play casual you can use a shield. If everything can be mastered in a few hours then it's not Mount & Blade.

I know Warband and other games had it but only if you used it, you learn nothing from using the easy method. I don't care what others do in their game, mod it in and play with it, but when it comes to changes that effect everyone including myself then i don't want to see it implemented.

Last edited:

I hope they don't give into people that don't take the time to learn the game.
Well they confirmed they are adding it back so your point is mute.

If however you want to play casual you can use a shield. If everything can be mastered in a few hours then it's not Mount & Blade.

I know Warband and other games had it but only if you used it, you learn nothing from using the easy method. I don't care what others do in their game, mod it in and play with it, but when it comes to changes that effect everyone including myself then i don't want to see it implemented.

the flaw in that logic is that you are saying it affects everyone when im saying its going to be OPTIONAL which means it only affects the people that want it to affect them

Nice constructive question there, i am indeed serious and with 2k hours in Mount & Blade which is a lot for a guy who has a family, what about you ?
no i dont have a family so sadly i have a bit more time at hand ^^

ok
1. i was not sure if that was sarcasm or not

2.balancing twohanded weapons?
-its Sp not mp .....you can adjust the difficulty .....
-what about guys that have no problem with blocking , how will you balance this? remove 2handers ?

That doesn't surprise me one bit, it's not mute in any way if developers decide to read a fan's opinion on the matter.
They might read your comment but that literally doesn't affect anything.
They are adding it back, all opinions after this are irrelevant.

EDIT: Why is this thread still going? Just lock it please. It's done and over with.

I can adjust the difficulty as long as auto block remains as a option, if not and it can't be modded out i'm stuck playing easymode and then all that i've learned no longer matters.

Just leave if its done for you, you don't get to decide when a topic is locked or not.

Back
Top Bottom