Users who are viewing this thread

Another thing that Mordhau had also taught me which translated to Warband/Bannerlord pretty well was the fact that, while games are indeed a fun and casual pass time that we use to wind down, sometimes we still need to take it a bit seriously and push ourselves to do better.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Difference imo being multiplayer vs singleplayer. Multiplayer sure. Get gud. Single player I'd argue let anyone play as easy or difficult as they like. Multiplayer is for social interaction and competition, Single player is pretty much escapism. Outside very specific games like Dark Souls I do not see the appeal in a rogue like grind game to insist on people wanting to "get gud" or not playing.

No, games aren't serious. I push myself in my day job and in real life to be better every day, don't need that in my games. And I do crave for an autoblock. Just think a lot of sp games can zip on their "casual gamer" toughness. These are games, among the most frivolous unimportant things in the world, just ask billions of people who have literally no time, energy or money for it.

the thing is against looters even my 6 year old with a 2h could wipe them out...what it needs to be implemented for is large scale battles, seiges etc not against a bunch of looters

Read the thread if you're gonna respond. Half y'all bring nothing to the conversation that moves it forward lmao.
Thank you sir, after witnessing your superb combat acumen, I personally am planning on deleting my account, jumping into Bannerlord and putting my nose to the grindstone, after all the effort I spent in beating Sekiro or Ninja Gaiden on Path of the Mentor, I will now put forth my full energies such as I did in those games and become a melee god such as you. Actually you have really opened my eyes, why did I ever advocate for Auto-Block? I played 1500 hours of Warband and always had it turned on, what was I thinking? I just got used to handicapping myself, I didn't push myself to learn what the game had in store for me.

This is also why from now on I will only ever play Total War - Warhammer 2 as Skarsnik on Legendary Difficulty and take Karak Eight-Peaks by turn 30. This is my solemn vow sworn before my personal God (Odin god of Battle)

Thank you Danate

I was wrong

Lol you're pathetic

If you want auto-block then use a shield. The game already makes it stupidly easy if you play on anything other than realistic. For those complaining about the game lacking features, Taleworlds already said if you want the complete experience then DON'T buy the early access.

I have told you, y'all come to multiplayer eventually than come back to the forums and complain about it being bugged or people use gimmicks or anything you can think of. Kind of like me being called a troll earlier. The main skill you need for this game is blocking. Half of you if not all are playing on the easiest difficulty already. So I really don't see an issue to not having autoblock. Autoblock is a bad way for this game to evolve and caters to noobs to be handheld the whole game. This game is not hard, if you try but none of you do you whine and complain all the way here and call me a troll for calling me out thinking I have the same struggles as you. NEWS FLASH I'M NOT BAD. I learned..
You are just expressing a point of view and considering it as an universal one. You are having prejudice about what people like or want.
So you are not giving the reason.
By the way, I have more than 40 hours on Bannerlord and never have to block (Just for the training stage).
I play on Realistic. So you are also assuming this wrong.
So, again, why are you insisting against an optionnal feature that will not impact you ?

+1 to auto block back into the game in an official capacity.
Don't make people download mods for something that has been a feature since the original game.

I've always been playing SP exclusively, so if its not allowed in MP that's fine, but Taleworlds, add it back please.

You are just expressing a point of view and considering it as an universal one. You are having prejudice about what people like or want.
So you are not giving the reason.
By the way, I have more than 40 hours on Bannerlord and never have to block (Just for the training stage).
I play on Realistic. So you are also assuming this wrong.
So, again, why are you insisting against an optionnal feature that will not impact you ?

You just gonna copy and paste how original.

It is not the true experience to the game If you play infantry in bannerlord you definitly need to block if you don't have a shield anyone says otherwise is lying or not playing realistic. Autoblock is a handicap..that's my opinion it always has been. Game isn't designed like that they made this game knowing how complex it is.

just saw there's a Autoblocking mod out there, didnt't try it but some of the ppl who wanted it badly could try if it already works properly :wink:

Which completely destroys the entire reason for not having it as a core feature of the game.

It is not the true experience to the game If you play infantry in bannerlord you definitly need to block if you don't have a shield anyone says otherwise is lying or not playing realistic. Autoblock is a handicap..that's my opinion it always has been. Game isn't designed like that they made this game knowing how complex it is.

What are you on about? The combat is still extremely similar to Warband, do people here need a constant reminder that the franchise always had autoblock??

Auto-Block will be added in by full release of the game. Book it. They are not going to come out of early access without auto-block as an option for the rest of the Mount and Blade consumers: casual, newcomers, and veterans.

anything less isn't the ideal true experience.
The problem remains, sir, that you believe you know what should be an ideal true experience for the game, whereas such thing is entirely subjective. Armagan's view on the game might not be the ideal true experience for Callum, for instance. As it shouldn't be. There is no such thing, you are preaching religion to us, as if there is one ultimate form of experience, one final form of entertainment idealized for every single player that ever plays it, and unless each one abides by that final form, they are not having the "true experience" of the game, thus they enjoy it less than you do.

Again: your fetishes are not universal; granted, a lot of people might have them, but they are not equally loved, nor should they be universally imposed on others. Just because "challenge", "skill" and "getting better" are things you consider fun and the "ideal experience" for Bannerlord, doesn't mean it is. It may be for you, but not for everyone else.

Congratulations on what you can or cannot do on the game. Just don't go on preaching what you consider best to be the best thing ever, and the "ideal way to play". It is a game. If I want to, I will mod it, would that not detract from the "ideal intended experience" as well? Since it would not be the idealized version by someone from the dev team. That argument is completely invalid, and totally subjective.

For those who really wants/needs it I hope they add it down the line. Yes some players may have disabilites or other reasons why they actually cannot deal with the blocking system and it's nice if they can play the game as well, other may simply want to have the game be a bit easier.

For me it was actually really nice that there was no autoblock and that block direction matters for shields, it actually forced me to learn the combat system properly so I'm happy it wasn't in form the start or I might have been tempted to use it.

Because you did not answer.
"It is not the true experience to the game" : It is. It was so in Warband.
"you definitly need" : It is not because you use "definitly" and "need" that this does not reflect only you point of view.
"is lying" : that is not an argument.
"not playing realistic" : So what, there is lots of optional things and what is realistic ? An crosshair is realistic ? Viewing at third person is realistic ? Why don't you use your energy againt those too ?
"Game isn't designed like that " : Do you know ?
Those are still not reasons.
The checkbox might even be unchecked by default, so you won't even notice.

Really, I am interested in understanding why spending so much energy on something that will never impact you.

Its not original to be an ignorant brick, too.
And yet, here you are, lecturing other people how to play their games.

Its completly not worth to argue with this kind of people.
No matter about what topic.

I'd rather read copy and paste posts.

Oh and btw, +1 for autoblock for SP
(in my opinion not the highest priority, but there is zero reason for not to put it into the game)

Edit:
and cut the bollocks about "its designed that way" for a reason.
The only reason it is not ingame yet is, that it was usable in multiplayer too.

Why is this thread even still happening? From what I can see on Page 7, someone contacted Taleworlds and they said they are planning on adding it back in.

I see no downside to adding it back to the game.
- If you don't like auto-block: turn it off
- If you do like auto-block: turn it on
Literally everyone wins

I'm not lecturing i'm stating my opinion that autoblock is not a good way to play this game. This argument is literally over already it's coming back if you want to know more in depth as to why i'm against autoblock pm me.

Git guud or use a shield :razz:

I like the no auto block thing. Makes tournaments with 2 handers quite interesting. Learn how to block better.

Or download the mod.

You could also change the blocking method from mouse to key presses. That's what I use with strikes in Warband cuz the mouse was never reliable for me. So in Bannerlord I have key presses as the directional input for both blocking and swinging.

Back
Top Bottom