Users who are viewing this thread

Thanks for the info there. It was what I was hoping for. Still hoping they might make a separate autoblock for shields and for weapons, just because.
Weapons sure, don't see shield blocking happening unless it's tracking arrows, still an unnecessary feature in the game. Just keep to camera movement imo

Well personally, when I got to the last match in a Tournament and got my shield splintered with an axe, I was quite happy to just be able to time the block input appropriately with my enemy's attack timing, instead of suddenly needing to match direction as well as timing. It's a definite quality of life upgrade to have autoblock. And let's not kid ourselves, most of the "blocking" people are doing without autoblock enabled is simple avoidance or preemptive attack. I don't think most people really try to "block every single incoming attack", though I'm sure there are some people in MP that can do that perfectly, it is rather difficult to match not only the direction of an enemies attack as well as the appropriate timing within a fraction of a second, and that's just 1 v 1. I think we can all agree that as awesome as it is to become good enough to be a melee god and never get scratched even while armed with just a knife, it really just makes sense to bring back autoblock. I think what meager stat changes you allege them to possibly bring about because of autoblock would be an alright sacrifice for you to make considering you made the sacrifice already in Warband.

Lmao I can block every hit easy.

Still waiting on that video.

If blocking is that easy you can post a video of you blocking the trainers at the Training Field with a 2h sword.

It pains me that I even have to do this. Veteran Hit me twice or so, i'm not perfect but i'm willing to work at blocking better daily. Don't need a babysitter known as autoblock.

It pains me that I even have to do this. Veteran Hit me twice or so, i'm not perfect but i'm willing to work at blocking better daily. Don't need a babysitter known as autoblock.

Yu know what? Respect. You came through, and that's fair dues.

But even then, I think you can see how awkward the system is for anyone not willing to sink hours into it. And not everyone CAN sink hours into something like this.

Bottom line for me, not having autoblock drastically raises the learning curve and the skill requirements for the game, and substantally decreases the game's accessability for normal level players, you celebrate like that's a good thing but for a company trying to sell a game to as many customers as possible, that's simply not a good thing.

So I gave another try to direcitonal blocking, and I'm better than I was, but still only blocking maybe 1 attack in 10, usually when an enemy tries to attack from the same angle twice in a row.

I did beat the advanced trainer with a 2H sword which i'd failed to do the first time around, although I did it just using a slash and following through with the camera on the theory I've had for a long time that moving the camera into your swing causes your character to turn into the swing resulting in a faster swing and increased damage.

Basically, I've found that a simple sidestep and a lateral backhand cut with a camera pan follow through breaks the AI's blocking pattern about 4 times out of 10. More than enough to be a useful combat strategy against the AI. So I just kind of live there in swordfights. It's worked well enough so far. In the absence of blocking I just get more aggressive about kiting and fall back on my basic strategy some more. I even won a tournament that way, although I think I got lucky because I got sword and board each time..

Respect for trying new things. That's the beauty of this game is the way to approach melee if you cannot block everything. It adds so much more to the game as a whole and that is what i've been stressing so much. The learning curve is very very high I agree absolutely. But the achievement to develop your own style of fighting or becoming a decent blocker is what this game shines at in my opinion. Props to ya on the tourney win get some more xd

Respect for trying new things. That's the beauty of this game is the way to approach melee if you cannot block everything. It adds so much more to the game as a whole and that is what i've been stressing so much. The learning curve is very very high I agree absolutely. But the achievement to develop your own style of fighting or becoming a decent blocker is what this game shines at in my opinion. Props to ya on the tourney win get some more xd

Do you feel it will lessen your achievement somehow if scrubs in the future can just click a button where you had to pour your heart and soul into endless hours of gruelling fighting to develop the neural pathways that enable you to master blocking (with no shoes on, uphill both ways)?

Uh no? People that will use autoblock that don't require it are handicapping themselves at the skill levels in this game it won't affect me in anyway. I obviously can't change people to stick to manual, my opinion is that the game is meant for manual and anything less isn't the ideal true experience.

anything less isn't the ideal true experience.

Thank you sir, after witnessing your superb combat acumen, I personally am planning on deleting my account, jumping into Bannerlord and putting my nose to the grindstone, after all the effort I spent in beating Sekiro or Ninja Gaiden on Path of the Mentor, I will now put forth my full energies such as I did in those games and become a melee god such as you. Actually you have really opened my eyes, why did I ever advocate for Auto-Block? I played 1500 hours of Warband and always had it turned on, what was I thinking? I just got used to handicapping myself, I didn't push myself to learn what the game had in store for me.

This is also why from now on I will only ever play Total War - Warhammer 2 as Skarsnik on Legendary Difficulty and take Karak Eight-Peaks by turn 30. This is my solemn vow sworn before my personal God (Odin god of Battle)

Thank you Danate

I was wrong

just saw there's a Autoblocking mod out there, didnt't try it but some of the ppl who wanted it badly could try if it already works properly :wink:

just saw there's a Autoblocking mod out there, didnt't try it but some of the ppl who wanted it badly could try if it already works properly :wink:

Back
Top Bottom