Users who are viewing this thread

Well, that did actually happen when it was announced that Battle mode was being excluded from Bannerlord in favor of Skirmish. People need to chill and stop hating on others for liking different things. What people do in SP has literally zero effect on anyone else, so there's no reason to withhold the option of autoblock in that context. Nobody seemed to mind that you could autoblock in SP Warband, and most MP servers forced manual block anyway.
The ancient legend speaks. And speaks true.

It was a basic feature, and it's missing. They clearly didn't want it now for their new game because reasons, but they forgot some users might want or even need it. Hopefully, they're adding it again. They can even keep the manual blocking for shields, as it makes total sense and doesn't punish your character.

In case you forgot, M&B's and Warband's launcher had the "activate cheats" checkbox. So... Yes? This is a singleplayer game with a multiplayer feature, not the other way around, as far as I can remember. And whatever one does in their own single player should not be anyone else's business, should it?

New game, new rules? Just giving my preference.

The ancient legend speaks. And speaks true.

It was a basic feature, and it's missing. They clearly didn't want it now for their new game because reasons, but they forgot some users might want or even need it. Hopefully, they're adding it again. They can even keep the manual blocking for shields, as it makes total sense and doesn't punish your character.
Actually a lot of what MP players were complaining about, got mocked by SP players! It's truly tragic and discrimination against us. That being said we fully support the features SP players are requesting.

+1 to adding autoblock (yes I just created an account due to Bannerlord's lack of autoblock)

Same here, literally created this account to ask for auto-block back. My old-man reflexes prevent me from 'gitting gud', and believe me I've tried. I just want a playable single-player experience that doesn't bar me from certain gameplay styles simply because I'm not as young as I used to be. Just wish the devs would give us a response, ANY response. I need to know if I should hold out hope or just go back to Warband :-/

Actually a lot of what MP players were complaining about, got mocked by SP players! It's truly tragic and discrimination against us. That being said we fully support the features SP players are requesting.
Well, sorry about that, while I remember criticising some MPplayers opinions on some devblog threads, I never got into MP discussion threads, so I never witnessed such discrimination. Still, people are people, and most of them are dumb and narrow-sighted, hence the problem in categorizing people into SPusers and MPusers. It's oft just people being people.

New game, new rules? Just giving my preference.
While I understand your point, it doesn't seem like "new rules", more like missing content because they thought that everyone would get it, not considering people who could want it, for whatever reason.
I miss the Enable cheats checkbox, not gonna lie. Ctrl+H all the way.

Second that. It is not either autoblock now or fixing stuff. It's not a single-man dev company, they have teams dedicated to specific tasks - thus, not a singular person working on all problems one at a time, nor is it one person in each team taking problems one at a time. It is multiple people, solving multiple issues at the same time.

Solution: 2 switches:
Autoblock with weapons - ON/OFF
Autoblock with shields - ON/OFF

Happiness: 100%.

not directional blocking though? you can just hit block key no matter what direction you choose and it will block with a shield no?
Its directional, you expose yourself to getting hit in certain spots if you're not blocking your shield in the correct direction. I learned this the hard way by getting hit in the head and shoulders by overheads.

Again, what surprised me in this thread more than anything, was the spiteful grandstanding and condescension from some people, telling other people, that what they want, how they play and what they can do are limited, poorly executed or beneath their own, these people totally missed the point of the thread and to me it sounded more like cheap boasting than anything else.

I think people should ask for the mid-game and end game of the SP campaign before asking for anything else.
688172603210465359.png

Back
Top Bottom