Users who are viewing this thread

It was made for single player. There was no multiplayer in the original Mount & Blade.
There was also no manual blocking originally. When manual was added later, most people did not switch for single player. Manual blocking only became widely used with Warband Multiplayer.

Last edited:
You don't have my respect though? You are one of the people that refuses to even try and thus will continue to be bad at blocking.
Oh no, a random stranger on the internet doesn't respect me. Whatever shall I do?

Oh yeah -- I know. Keep playing the game in such a way that I actually find it entertaining. That's what I'll do.

You don't have my respect though? You are one of the people that refuses to even try and thus will continue to be bad at blocking.
do I have to? I don't want to - and I'm realy doubtfull that the effort would be worth it for me right now - I know myself more than you do and I know for sure it wouldn't be easy so for me the frustration might be really much larger than it was for you - and Warband was fun even with autoblock :smile:

Really guys, why are you insisting against an optionnal feature that will not impact you ?
Please, give me the real reason. Ask yourself before answering. You even have not to bother responding. Just ask yourself.

I have told you, y'all come to multiplayer eventually than come back to the forums and complain about it being bugged or people use gimmicks or anything you can think of. Kind of like me being called a troll earlier. The main skill you need for this game is blocking. Half of you if not all are playing on the easiest difficulty already. So I really don't see an issue to not having autoblock. Autoblock is a bad way for this game to evolve and caters to noobs to be handheld the whole game. This game is not hard, if you try but none of you do you whine and complain all the way here and call me a troll for calling me out thinking I have the same struggles as you. NEWS FLASH I'M NOT BAD. I learned..

Really guys, why are you insisting against an optionnal feature that will not impact you ?
Please, give me the real reason. Ask yourself before answering. You even have not to bother responding. Just ask yourself.
I agree - this is a mostly-singleplayer game. A toggle to allow auto-block in singleplayer game-modes would not affect their gameplay. However, they do (I imagine) feel the need to express their disgust at the possibility of a feature being implemented that wouldn't affect them the least bit, so that they can make claims about how great they are at a non-competitive mostly singleplayer game.

The easiest solution would be to allow for a toggle in singleplayer games, but not for multiplayer.

I have a lot of hours into Warband. I used autoblock. The fun for me in Warband was the progression of the campaign map. Not in getting good at blocking. I believe that skill based gameplay definitely should be emphasized in multiplayer game modes, but does not need as strong an emphasis in singleplayer game modes.

Last edited:
The fact that so many poeple can’t master Bannerlord autoblocking should show something: it’s too difficult !

speaking of Kingdom come, I played it last week while waiting for bannerlord to come out. I can master it and enjoy it even if it’s hard, that’s what “rewarding” mean. But every time I play Bannerlord I just feel like Julius Ceasar on the Ides of March ! That should prove that having no autoblock option is a flaw that deserves to be corrected as much as any other bugs. The worse is that the is not bad at all, it worth better than that !

I have told you, y'all come to multiplayer eventually than come back to the forums and complain about it being bugged or people use gimmicks or anything you can think of. Kind of like me being called a troll earlier. The main skill you need for this game is blocking. Half of you if not all are playing on the easiest difficulty already. So I really don't see an issue to not having autoblock. Autoblock is a bad way for this game to evolve and caters to noobs to be handheld the whole game. This game is not hard, if you try but none of you do you whine and complain all the way here and call me a troll for calling me out thinking I have the same struggles as you. NEWS FLASH I'M NOT BAD. I learned..
You are just expressing a point of view and considering it as an universal one. You are having prejudice about what people like or want.
So you are not giving the reason.
By the way, I have more than 40 hours on Bannerlord and never have to block (Just for the training stage).
I play on Realistic. So you are also assuming this wrong.
So, again, why are you insisting against an optionnal feature that will not impact you ?

I won't come to multiplayer I can promise you :grin: I generally play multiplayer only with people I know - also directional blocking IS hard - maybe not for you but for some people it is - when it comes to me it's simple: no autoblock = no game

Congrats on your
I had a 11v1 and a 9v1....without armor.. you guys aren't even trying to learn this game instead complain you can't block it's sad really.

Edit: Quality is a bit bad but you see I can still own looters

Congrats on your mighty e peen. Since one of the most obvious defining characteristics of the rest of the player base is that they are not you, this does not actually have any bearing at all on the conversation and hurts your side of the argument because it just reinforces that those who oppose auto block are entitled elitists who want to force everyone to play their way so they can gloat about how superior they are.

Congrats on your

Congrats on your mighty e peen. Since one of the most obvious defining characteristics of the rest of the player base is that they are not you, this does not actually have any bearing at all on the conversation and hurts your side of the argument because it just reinforces that those who oppose auto block are entitled elitists who want to force everyone to play their way so they can gloat about how superior they are.
Not to mention, if you count the number of times he blocked in both videos, it's like twice. The videos showcase backpedaling and using a weapon with a superior length to kill the looters...which is already a well established strategy and has absolutely no bearing on the context of this thread...which is about blocking.

I was suprised the option was lacking as well tbh. I see no problem with it honestly. It should always be off for multiplayer though but who cares if its an option for singleplayer? Dont want to use it, dont. And then if peopel do want to use it they would have the option.

The amount of groveling on here for a missing feature is hilarious. Do what the bad multiplayer players like me do and use a shield. Learn your place. Also some of these posts are super cringe. This is niche game and it’s not going to hold your hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
The amount of groveling on here for a missing feature is hilarious. Do what the bad multiplayer players like me do and use a shield. Learn your place. Also some of these posts are super cringe. This is niche game and it’s not going to hold your hand.
We've had this debate in a different to a lengthy extent already.
Not everyone wants to play SP for it be a super challenge and some of your fellow players have disabilities that hampers their experience dramatically without this feature.
The approach to talk down to anyone that wants it and just tell them to get better is ignorant and simply misses the point of an entirely optional feature being added, which by the way would in Singleplayer not affect anyone else.

We've had this debate in a different to a lengthy extent already.
Not everyone wants to play SP for it be a super challenge and some of your fellow players have disabilities that hampers their experience dramatically without this feature.
The approach to talk down to anyone that wants it and just tell them to get better is ignorant and simply misses the point of an entirely optional feature being added, which by the way would in Singleplayer not affect anyone else.
10/10.

Back
Top Bottom