Users who are viewing this thread

Dude it's just like Danate and Thunderbeu are saying, if you can't LEARN how the game works then what's the point? It's like going up against Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, and not knowing how to time your rolls. Don't you understand that Auto-Block was always holding you back from playing the game? If you have a button that just automatically blocks an attack, you're cheating yourself, that step of matching your mouse/keyboard movement to the NPC's attack angle, that reflex you gain through practice? That's how you know you're having fun. That's how you know you're a GAMING GOD.
Ask yourself again.

Dude it's just like Danate and Thunderbeu are saying, if you can't LEARN how the game works then what's the point? It's like going up against Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, and not knowing how to time your rolls. Don't you understand that Auto-Block was always holding you back from playing the game? If you have a button that just automatically blocks an attack, you're cheating yourself, that step of matching your mouse/keyboard movement to the NPC's attack angle, that reflex you gain through practice? That's how you know you're having fun. That's how you know you're a GAMING GOD.

You're bad at the game you asked danate to 1v8 looters and he did it? What now?

We're recruiting him into the pro-gaming clan FaZE and he's going to get into the big tournaments for looter kills, what's great is there's no autoblock in that tournament so only REAL gaming ELITE PROS can qualify for this. And frankly he's the best looter killer I've ever seen (without autoblock), possibly a generational talent. He's gonna be on the front of Wheaties boxes soon

We're recruiting him into the pro-gaming clan FaZE and he's going to get into the big tournaments for looter kills, what's great is there's no autoblock in that tournament so only REAL gaming ELITE PROS can qualify for this. And frankly he's the best looter killer I've ever seen (without autoblock), possibly a generational talent. He's gonna be on the front of Wheaties boxes soon

How are you gonna mock him for doing stuff you asked him to do?

so you know what I enjoy? just how? how do you know? ... didn't it occur to you that some of us don't want to be GAMING GODS? :grin: I certainly don't - this is ridiculous

Blocking is the core mechanic of the game. I respect anyone that tries their best to learn it but struggles to do so. But most of these cases that is not it, most of y'all before even trying have complained from DAY ONE that autoblock is gone. It is literally the equivalent as an aim assist in a fps game. The fact you have to be a 'gaming god' to learn a simple skill in this game is ridiculous to even think of. They swing slower than a turtle on a pogostick wielding a bastard sword get a grip on yourself.

Dude after seeing him MERC those punk looters in the face with that axe? I'm re-evaluating my entire life rn. He opened up an entirely new perspective for me, now I can SEE that autoblock was always a bad feature. I'm loading up Bannerlord right now and spending the next 48 hours practicing directional blocking, I hope that some day I can be as good as he is, I heard that he's being scouted by FaZe gaming. I'll say this to anyone here who wants auto-block, dudes, you're not playing the game, you're playing YOURSELVES :cool:

Dude after seeing him MERC those punk looters in the face with that axe? I'm re-evaluating my entire life rn. He opened up an entirely new perspective for me, now I can SEE that autoblock was always a bad feature. I'm loading up Bannerlord right now and spending the next 48 hours practicing directional blocking, I hope that some day I can be as good as he is, I heard that he's being scouted by FaZe gaming. I'll say this to anyone here who wants auto-block, dudes, you're not playing the game, you're playing YOURSELVES :cool:

Go fight Kradus in the duel pits. All this time you've spent here arguing you could have learned it by now

You called me out because you thought I could not 1v8 looters. I 1v11 and 1v9 looters than you go on a passive aggressive tantrum because I proved you wrong? Thunder is right you could have learned a bit by now instead of arguing.

You called me out because you thought I could not 1v8 looters. I 1v11 and 1v9 looters than you go on a passive aggressive tantrum because I proved you wrong? Thunder is right you could have learned a bit by now instead of arguing.

Pretty sure it was sarcasm, as I said, really nobody cares AT ALL if you can 1vX anything. We're playing a single player game, not competing against each other.

it will get implemented with time i just use a shield for now until it gets fixed then get behind the attacking line switch to my 2h swing like a mad man then when they notice me i just switch back to my shield

Dude you took out ELEVEN looters and I thought EIGHT was a challenge, but you totally WRECKT those looters man, I'm blown away by your level of talent and deadly skill. You have single handedly convinced me that Auto-Block is a bad feature, and after witnessing your feats of strength, I now no longer wish for Auto-Block to be implemented into the game. Honestly it's not hard at all to just block an attack, right? Just match the direction fo the enemy's attack dude, it's nothing. Hey man you're an Alpha male I can tell, if any of these guys on this forum try asking for Auto-Block again, I got your back. I'll show them this video of you killing 11 looters 1v1, ON FOOT, NO SHIELD, NO BOW, NO HORSE, straight rambo style. That way they can see what they can become if they put any effort into it.

If any of you guys have played dark souls compare it to a boss battle except its only one boss. You learn what each attack direction looks like and you learn to block in that direction when you see that backswing animation. It's really not hard and those of you refusing to try to learn it are pathetic. Those of you claiming to try and say its too hard have not put enough time in. Even us multiplayer sweats didn't learn blocking in a day its over time. Not a gargantuan amount of time but time nonetheless. Just try to learn it. For real tho
Okay, let's compare it to Dark Souls.

Dark Souls does not have directional twitch based blocking. To block all you need is a shield, to be holding the block button, be facing in the right direction. That sounds like good game design.

You can also parry. Parrying is 100% timing based. There is no directionality to it. Your character literally doesn't even have to be facing the enemy.

...Why are we comparing it to Dark Souls? Dark Souls doesn't use this mechanic. Why do people keep bringing it up? Because it's hard? I've beaten every boss in every dark souls games. With shields, without shields, parrying, roll dodging only. Why? Because it's fun. Am I tempted to use manual blocking in Bannerlord? Nope. Because it's not fun. Not even vaguely.

The most comparable game I have played was Kingdom Come: Deliverance; the combat system was one of the major complaints about that game.

Kingdom Come quite clearly used the manual block option from M&B as its inspiration. But judging from this thread, the dozens other like it, and the fact that they've already said that they're putting the toggle back into the game because of the volume of requests, it is not something that people widely like. At all.

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand why there's so much controversy about this. Jesus, just allow for the option of auto-directional block in singleplayer and allow for server enable/disable in multiplayer.

Like, c'mon. Stop with the "use shields", "git gud" comments - if he wants to play as a no-shield character, then let him. Christ.

Okay, let's compare it to Dark Souls.

Dark Souls does not have directional twitch based blocking. To block all you need is a shield, to be holding the block button, be facing in the right direction. That sounds like good game design.

You can also parry. Parrying is 100% timing based. There is no directionality to it. Your character literally doesn't even have to be facing the enemy.

...Why are we comparing it to Dark Souls? Dark Souls doesn't use this mechanic. Why do people keep bringing it up? Because it's hard? I've beaten every boss in every dark souls games. With shields, without shields, parrying, roll dodging only. Why? Because it's fun. Am I tempted to use manual blocking in Bannerlord? Nope. Because it's not fun. Not even vaguely.

The most comparable game I have played was Kingdom Come: Deliverance; the combat system was one of the major complaints about that game.

Kingdom Come quite clearly used the manual block option from M&B as its inspiration. But judging from this threat, the dozens other like it, and the fact that they've already said that they're putting the toggle back into the game because of the volume of requests, it is not something that people widely like. At all.

My argument is you probably didn't learn dark souls instantly. As with this combat system you won't learn it instantly.

My argument is you probably didn't learn dark souls instantly. As with this combat system you won't learn it instantly.
Definitely didn't, but I did have fun learning it. I'm not having fun learning this combat system since it seems like it was made for multiplayer, and not the actual game.

Blocking is the core mechanic of the game. I respect anyone that tries their best to learn it but struggles to do so. But most of these cases that is not it, most of y'all before even trying have complained from DAY ONE that autoblock is gone. It is literally the equivalent as an aim assist in a fps game. The fact you have to be a 'gaming god' to learn a simple skill in this game is ridiculous to even think of. They swing slower than a turtle on a pogostick wielding a bastard sword get a grip on yourself.
I don't care about your respect - and you can look down on me as much as you can - but that doesn't matter at all - the important part is that I paid for the game which is essential for further development of it - and I wouldn't have bought Bannerlord if Warband didn't have the autoblock (maybe I woudn't have bought even Warband because I first played it on a friends PC) ... so you are shooting yourself in the foot when you are defending possition that can bring less people to playing and buying the game

Back
Top Bottom