Users who are viewing this thread

My opinion as someone who played 200+ hours of Warband which is quite a bit but I know for some it's nothing, I always played with auto block and going to directional blocking here was jarring. I think the skill floor for defense in this game is higher than most, though using a shield definitely helps alleviate that. At the same time, actually getting the blocking down is immensely satisfying and the improved animations and everything going on was incredibly fun. I think it'd be cool to tie auto blocking to specific difficulty levels, it should definitely be an option in single player because you want people to enjoy the game.

Even if you practice enough to be great without a shield, you will get sniped by archer units without something to protect you. The balance is way off regardless. I COULD become accustomed to no auto-block, but is it worth it? My save file will corrupt itself and the entire map will get snowballed, or my character will die of old age and all my progress lost. Not to be a debbie downer but I've decided not to play this game for now. It wasn't what I expected given the price and really I would be pleasantly surprised if the game ends up having the same longevity that warband had.

They removed it for a reason. So people like you will get better through practice. Not being babied through out the game. I'll gladly post a video i've clutch blocked in tournaments and can easily beat 8v1 looters. I'm not a noob you see.

They removed it for a reason. So people like you will get better through practice. Not being babied through out the game. I'll gladly post a video i've clutch blocked in tournaments and can easily beat 8v1 looters. I'm not a noob you see.

Legitimately nobody cares if you can 8v1 looters or clutch tournaments. That is not the problem, and nobody here cares about your e-peen.

Lmao you are the reason people never become good at anything. Can't sword fight so you wont learn it properly is basically your argument.

Lmao you are the reason people never become good at anything. Can't sword fight so you wont learn it properly is basically your argument.

I want to see video of you without a shield going up against trash tier units. It would be hilarious.

EDIT: On foot, no save scumming :wink:

If you truly think that, then you haven't actually read far into many of these threads, all you seen to want to do is bait people into a flame spat so mods can close this down.

If any of you guys have played dark souls compare it to a boss battle except its only one boss. You learn what each attack direction looks like and you learn to block in that direction when you see that backswing animation. It's really not hard and those of you refusing to try to learn it are pathetic. Those of you claiming to try and say its too hard have not put enough time in. Even us multiplayer sweats didn't learn blocking in a day its over time. Not a gargantuan amount of time but time nonetheless. Just try to learn it. For real tho

I had a 11v1 and a 9v1....without armor.. you guys aren't even trying to learn this game instead complain you can't block it's sad really.

Edit: Quality is a bit bad but you see I can still own looters

These games do not hold your hands. Learn with the rest, instead of complaining you can't block right or up. The biggest issue is some you will come to MP and get demolished than complain to the forums and devs that their game is too difficult to handle.
I will not learn - it will be the way I like it or I'll pass - I have better things to do ... you have some weird assumption that we have to play it - also it looks like you're saying that if you don't try to master directional blocking you can't master anything ... it's quite the opposite - I don't want to master directional blocking becase I'm trying to master other things which matter more to me than video games - like my proffesional skill (3D artist here) - I'm playing games to ease-up and to rest not to become good at it

I had a 11v1 and a 9v1....without armor.. you guys aren't even trying to learn this game instead complain you can't block it's sad really.

oh dang bro I'm a recruiter for FaZE gaming clan and we're looking for a pro-level looter destroyer and I think that you just landed the job

I take back what I said, obviously TaleWorlds should never bring back auto-block, you're right, if someone like YOU can do this, anyone can do it! You're right.

Really guys, why are you insisting against an optionnal feature that will not impact you ?
Please, give me the real reason. Ask yourself before answering. You even have not to bother responding. Just ask yourself.

Really guys, why are you insisting against an optionnal feature that will not impact you ?
Please, give me the real reason. Ask yourself before answering. You even have not to bother responding. Just ask yourself.

Dude it's just like Danate and Thunderbeu are saying, if you can't LEARN how the game works then what's the point? It's like going up against Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, and not knowing how to time your rolls. Don't you understand that Auto-Block was always holding you back from playing the game? If you have a button that just automatically blocks an attack, you're cheating yourself, that step of matching your mouse/keyboard movement to the NPC's attack angle, that reflex you gain through practice? That's how you know you're having fun. That's how you know you're a GAMING GOD.

Back
Top Bottom